[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure how to promote my music without looking like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: sith.jpg (25KB, 583x582px) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
25KB, 583x582px
I've come here for advice on the off chance that someone here knows how to help with my problem. Well essentially i make music that sounds like this https://soundcloud.com/lordgaijin/sith-lord-prod-relevant-beats and im not quite sure how to properly promote that and gain a fan base. As you can see most of the people that follow me are either dead accounts or followed me back because i followed them. I just dont quite understand how to build a proper fanbase and get people to listen to my music without coming off as a desperate spammy ass face.
>>
>>17286158
promotion takes a lot of effort, so if you really want to take your chances, prepare to put in a big amount of time.
first, it's best if you already have something like an album or at least an ep - a single track or loose soundcloud portfolio is often not enough to pique public interest.
you will need to do a lot of research and make a list of blogs/magazines/music critics/whatever and send them your stuff. only send it to those who have a similar target audience as your music. tell them that in the mail and keep it short and respectful; ask them to give your ep/album a listen and maybe if they like it, put it on their blog/review it/whatever.

that's really the only way if you don't want to invest money.
>>
>>17286175
Thanks man, i mean im also cool with investing money into this too cause i mean you put in what you get out. Well I see your point too about having an EP or an Album i was just thinking about that yesterday.
>>
>>17286158
DM your favorite artists on Twitter or fagbook and ask them how they got started.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.