[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friend keeps "humble bragging". He's always been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1422930162073.jpg (58KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
1422930162073.jpg
58KB, 344x291px
friend keeps "humble bragging". He's always been one to brag about his female advances, but he's been doing it a lot more recently.

Try and get him to watch ATLA:

>I go to work, then I usually go out to right after, I don't have time
>It's 20 minutes an episode, you go out to parties every night?
>yeah man, usually

Then he does shit like this:

>Yo, do you remember that party last weekend we were at
>what party?
>The one we went to?
>You're going to have to be more specific, I go to a lot of parties, usually every night

Literally word for word on this one:

>Dude, this is going to be a humble brag, but I have like 4 girls on me right now
>cool man.

Also, he's been hanging out with a bunch of other people and flaking on me for them, after saying he could hang out the day before. Or asking me to hang out, then not responding after hours, finally answering my phone call 3 hours later with this lame fucking excuse

>So are you coming to pick me up?
>oh hey, I'm at anon's, I tried calling you, but you didn't pick up
>I haven't gotten a call all day (nor did he respond to my texts)
>oh

We're good friends, but holy FUCK this is getting annoying. Someone told me I should call him out for it. I tend to avoid conflict with people at all costs, but I am thinking I should say something.
>>
>>17283352
>Someone told me I should call him out for it. I tend to avoid conflict with people at all costs, but I am thinking I should say something.
There's no point. If you have to tell this guy to stop being a shitty friend, then he's not worth it.
>>
>>17283380
He is worth it though. He just started doing this shit as soon as I got back. He's been a close friend of mine.

....I just feel like I should start hanging out with other people more often. Maybe all of this is for the best.
>>
>>17283388
>He just started doing this shit as soon as I got back.
Got back from where? How long were you gone?

>He is worth it though. He's been a close friend of mine.
And people change, especially in their late teens and early to mid 20s. Sometimes for better, sometimes worse.
>>
Sounds like he's a noveau rich, except instead of money he has party invitations.
>>
>>17283398
Back from spring semester at college. I went to CC first three semesters, then just transferred to uni half way through my sophomore year.

It's worth noting his dad suddenly died, which was huge for him, and he took it pretty well, but that could have been a cause for his recent change, but I really have no fucking idea.

I've talked to another friend who's known him longer, and he's told me that he's always bragged about women because insecure deep down, so he needs to talk big to feel better about himself. Just recently he's really showing his true colors.

>>17283409
Pretty much. What's annoying is that after returning from a state university for even one semester, bragging about parties is nothing to me, it's about as interesting as a wet carrot, I could really give less of a shit.
>>
>>17283424
Your priorities in life are very different and he keeps pushing his into you, that's why it's annoying.

Maybe try saying something with the word priority.
Like saying you are not interested in him talking about all those parties because it's not your priority right now
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.