[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /adv/ I'm trying to decide whether or not I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 11423587.jpg (34KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
11423587.jpg
34KB, 700x456px
Help /adv/

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should join the coast guard

Pros:
>Cool Job, I have a buddy whos in and he loves it
>Free college after including free rent while im in school
>Only have to serve 4 years
>Ill never get deployed unless a war breaks out (even then its a possibility not a guareentee)
>I get to pay off a car and a motorcycle
>New adventures , friends, skills, and lessons,
>Free Medical and dental while im in, 4 years of living bill-free

Cons:

So i'm gonna chalk this down to one con
>I have an amazing girlfriend of over a year and a half and i'd be worried about losing her
>She's so amazing and supportive of me, even my decision to join the coast guard if I wish
>Shes an amazing girl and she says she would marry me first opporunity she gets

Trouble is i'm still worried it will put too much strain on our relationship and things will fall apart, any advice?
>>
>>
Additional pro: you only need to stay in 20 years to become eligible for a lifetime government pension. You could retire at 40.

Your con is essentially negligible, per her own words. Besides, it's not like you'll disappear for 6-12 months on deployment. Coast Guard doesn't do that.

Go for it.
>>
>>
>>17281582
So you dont think I would necessarily be losing her? you think it's possible for a coast guard relationship to survive?

Thanks for Replying!
>>
>>17281605
Of all the branches, Coast Guard puts the least amount of strain on relationships.
>>
File: bond3.jpg (90KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
bond3.jpg
90KB, 720x480px
>>
>>17281559
I heard the Coast Guard is shit your first year. I talked to a recruiter and he told me they have all new recruits clean the ships because someone has to do it and they're a small military branch. A smaller branch also means more competitive promotions. Just remember it's a demanding job, and often it leaves little time for family and less time so for college. It's still a great experience if you know what you're doing and can live the lifestyle.
>>
Have you tried talking to your girl? Be clear in that you do not want to lose her.
>>
>>17281559
My cuz was in the coast guard.

He met a lot of cool friends, one of them was the best man at his wedding.

He said one time they raided a drug boat and all the guys got high on the cocaine dust in the air.
>>
>>17281559
Never make assumptions about your deployment. The federal government is such a bureaucratic mess that who knows who will be doing what.

With military branches always assume you will be actively deployed. If you aren't accepting of that possibility then don't join.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.