[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figure I'd type in an anon board because why tf not? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1452144292118.jpg (216KB, 1600x967px) Image search: [Google]
1452144292118.jpg
216KB, 1600x967px
Figure I'd type in an anon board because why tf not?
I want to move states but my job isn't giving me much work hours and I don't have a stable home to move to. I don't have a college degree and I have a 6 yr old. No family whatsoever and I'm at my wits end.

How fucked am I, 4Chan? What do?

Pic unrelated
>>
Why do you want to move to another state? And from where to where?
>>
Do you have savings? You need to have savings if you're going to move.

What do you do for work? Can you line up a job before you move over?
>>
>>17280632
Cali to Oregon or Washington. Don't want to go to the bible belt and I'm unsure of the midwest. Don't want to leave the ocean. I feel like there's nothing here for me but bad memories. I have to find out why I'm not advancing much.
>>
>>17280645
I just have a grand. I work retail, on the grunt side. No management salaries here. I wouldn't know, I've never looked towards getting hired out of state and wouldn't know how to begin. I'd have to research, that's for sure.
>>
>>17280656
The problem with retail grunt is that no one will ever hire you remotely, no remote interviews. 1k isn't enough to pick up and move all your shit, you need enough to secure a place. And feed your kid for a bit I suppose.

Maybe try applying for some management positions in retail if that's what you want to do? Fudge your resume. Get an interview scheduled then go.

If you're in norcalish it's not unreasonable to drive/take a train to Portland.
>>
>>17280666
SoCal here. Yeah, I figured as much. I have 30 college credits, but nope I'm stuck with the retail grind for now.
>>
>>17280666
Also, nice trips m80
>>
>>17280666
Do what this anon said, try to move up to a management position. You'll get more hours, more money, and can most likely request to be transferred to another location.
>>
File: 1402715924874.png (11KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1402715924874.png
11KB, 429x410px
>>17280681
I mean I guess you could still drive from LA or whatever to Portland. Lie on your resume, get an interview. That's part of how I got my current job but it's in software.

>>17280688
You too
>>
>>17280681
Heehee heat gettin to ya? Or is it the housing prices, low employment, gas prices, and rampant pollution?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.