[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys help me with an interview question? "Tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Can you guys help me with an interview question?
"Tell me about yourself."
All I can think of saying is that I'm a hard worker, very punctual, and am good with people. This is a retail job btw. I'm only asking because the last interview I had I choked really hard and it was super demoralizing and embarrassing considering it was in the middle of a starbucks store with a couple listening in at a table nearby. I have PTSD from that memory I can't deal with social situations that well so any tips you can give me I will greatly appreciate. Even if I don't get the job I will be content with just not embarrassing myself.
>>
>>17279529
>I have PTSD from that memory
No, you don't. Go to Tumblr to talk about how you're triggered and shit.

Fuck you
>>
>>17279534
I don't mean it seriously lol, just that I sometimes will remember it and cringe and start to hate myself.
>>
Why don't you just tell them about yourself. It isn't magic or rocket science.
>>
>>17279529
Just give pure bullshit.
"Well, I love people, I like to make them smile and brighten up their day. Being punctual is very important to me. I believe I have a good work ethic, and I've gotten along very well with coworkers in the past." This is retail, so yes, even if it sounds like bullshit to you, that's what they want.
>>
>>17279542
Because I don't know what to say? You think if I wasn't having genuine problems with this question I would need to ask for help?
>>
>>17279535
If you want to call it PTSD then gtfo 4chan you dumb slut
>>
>>17279534
Kitty got claws!
>>
>>17279548
If you have a hard time landing a retail job, you have bigger problems than this.

Say some bullshit about how making sure customers are happy is important to you. Anything about customers, really.
>>
>>17279548
How the fuck are we supposed to help you with this? You need us to tell you about yourself? We don't fucking know you.
>>
>>17279534
>>17279569
Look outside, I know that you'll recognize,
it's summertime
>>
>>17279529
>All I can think of saying is that I'm a hard worker, very punctual, and am good with people.
That's all they're looking for man. If you wanted to jazz it up a little more you could say something like
"I love working with people; helping them out, making them feel welcome, even just getting the chance to turn someone's day around."

Put yourself in the position of a hiring manager; you know it's a pretty basic job so you just want someone who can handle the requirements competently and represent your company well to customers (and not cause problems with the rest of the staff). A friendly smile is worth WAY more than any memorized speech in this scenario. Just do your best to seem friendly and respectful.

Good luck, anon. I remember being really nervous for a couple of job interviews when I had really bad social anxiety; I bombed one really badly too and still cringe at the memory. I ended up getting a retail job basically the way I described above and it's done a lot to make me feel socially confident and normal.
>>
You can usually avoid that question if you start off with a bit of small talk.
>>
Also don't hesitate saying how you like a challenge. They love that shit.

The thing here is to show examples.

"I love working with lots of different types of people. At my last job we had heaps of different customers and I really enjoyed working with all the different types."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.