[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey first time here /adv/, so around january ago I got into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

hey first time here /adv/,
so around january ago I got into CSGO skin gambling, it was just for fun at first using referral codes on various sites, roulette, coin flips and what not and getting small amounts of credits.

fast forward to now and I'm about 8 grand down the drain. worst part is that most of that money came from the money my dad entrusted me to keep safe while he was overseas making the bare minimum to provide for my sorry ass. I'm 18 and I was fully aware of what shit hole I was digging myself into but I couldn't help myself. each day was more money spent and feeling like shit at the end of the day when you lose it all and you feel obligated to win it all back and you feel you have to win at some point when that's just gamblers fallacy. As time goes on i don't remember the losses i had, i only remember the times i won and crave it.

Honestly I don't know what to do, he comes home in about 2-3 days and I have to either tell him to his face I spent all your money on fucking pixels in a game to gamble with or do something else drastic. I haven't told a soul about this, no other family knows and they will when my dad finds out.

even now I'm still thinking about gambling and the thrill you get from winning. I know those sites are predatory and full of shit and no matter what you'll lose in the end and I read somewhere that all addicted gamblers subconsciously know this and that they play to lose at that point. Is that true and is that me right now?

as time went on winning how do you get rid of an addiction without getting help from outsiders, is it even possible? I have no social life and nobody to talk to with problems like these so I might as well try here.

TL;dr no life kid who doesn't have his life on track gets into skin gambling and loses 8 grand and has to face the music in a couple days
>>
> gambling
> online gambling
> online gambling via a video game
Holy fuck.
>>
File: image.gif (512KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
512KB, 400x272px
>8 grand for hats
>>
Get a job. Pay him back. Accept whatever punishment he gives you.

Tell him you were gambling.

You're not addicted, stop making excuses. You have no idea what addicted means, stop making a victim out of yourself.

For fuck sake you don't need help, you need to grow up.
>>
>>1727689
yeah I just have to accept that look of disappoint on his face when I tell him. I know I wasn't addicted, people like me just get hooked to shit like this when they have nothing else going on with their lives.
>>
>>17276879
8'000$..? For skins in a video game?
What the fuck is wrong with your dumb ass? I could understand if you were actually gambling for real money here. But, just why? Don't tell him it was spent on that. He will disown you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.