[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just moved in with a friend and his GF to help them pay rent(their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chippah.jpg (14KB, 325x250px) Image search: [Google]
chippah.jpg
14KB, 325x250px
I just moved in with a friend and his GF to help them pay rent(their last roomie left 2 days before rent was due with no warning). The only stipulation was that they have a 10 month old baby. Growing up my mom had an in home preschool and I learned a lot seeing someone working with kids.

My problem here is that they park the kid in front of the tv strapped into a little bouncy thing. It sits at a 45 degree angle and he's maybe 5 feet from a 50 inch tele. I have friends with children younger than this boy and they're crawling and damn near walking while the kid I'm living with is no where close to any of this. If I had to give a rough estimate about how long he's in front of the tv in this thing a day it would be probably 10+ hours.

They're both pretty overweight and just overall lazy fucks. They've let the tv do the raising of this child. I love the little fuck and really just want to see him succeed or at least given a chance at it.

So the advice I need is how can I tell them they're doing it wrong and they'll delaying the development of this child's mind. I've seen how the mom reacts to a grandmother telling her she's doing something wrong and its not pretty. What I've been doing so far is nothing and it makes me feel like shit.

Also sorry if my post is scattered. There's just so many aspects of this that bothers me.
>>
>>17275693
>how can I tell them they're doing it wrong
You can't. Parents, especially young parents, hate nothing more than being told how to parent. If you say something, then that'll be the beginning of the end for your friendship. Why don't YOU play with him or take him out or something?
>>
>>17275697
yeah thats what my fear is. I've for sure tried but this is kind of how it goes.

I'll take him out and set him on the floor with him sitting up. He'll play with the toys and stuff while the tv doesnt have his attention. But as soon as the kid finds himself on his belly it looks like he gets mad that he cant move or something and starts crying. Immediately after I'm told that I've upset him and they're putting him back in the chair thing in front of the tv. When they put him back he cries even more and then I get treated shitty for making the baby cry.

So sadly I dont much feel up to that task anymore. Part of me just wants to say fuck it and watch it all go down. I'm beginning to think that this is my only option
>>
>>17275727
That's really all you can do. Bad parents are some of the shittiest people you will ever meet. They're willfully ignorant and aggressively so.

Let them know straight up that youcare for the poor kid and want him to turn out okay. After thst let it go. No snide remarks, no backseat parenting, just let it go.
>>
>The only stipulation was that they have a 10 month old baby
Heh.
That doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
Just tell them how to raise their kid.

Parents love that!
>>
Call child services.
>>
>>17276027
Child services won't do anything unless they're actually harming or neglecting the child. OP hasn't said, but they probably feed and change and bathe the baby.
>>
There's nothing you can do. Poor kid is already doomed. Parents have the right to be shitty parents. It's too late for the kid. If he is spending that much time in front of the tv, his emotional growth is probably already stunted beyond repair.
>>
>>17276114
op here. I also believe this to be the case. Thanks for the replies.
>>17275864
after some googling you are correct. I should have said "drawback" instead of stipulation.

>>17276038
correct they do care for him in that regard correctly.
>>
Holy shit, can he even sit without support? If not he has severe developmental delays and it is only going to get worse. As medical professional I see kids and parents like this too often and it is very sad.
>>
You can't change them. Just move it. They need your rent money more than you need their bullshit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.