[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In December I left Northern Illinois to move to Tennessee with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: trav.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
trav.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
In December I left Northern Illinois to move to Tennessee with my mom. I have no family besides her and she has none besides me and wanted me to come down so I've been down here and I feel like there is nothing for me. The women are either married, in long term relationships or hick as fuck/ugly. I am 22 years old and I know its probably time I moved out. I was moved out for 2 years in illinois but moved back to help her with the move and stuff. She wants me to stay here but I sort of want to go back up to illinois. I have no purpose or direction though. I was at school to be a personal trainer, was there 2 years in illinois and decided to take the ACSM test, blew 750 bucks on it for retests and shit and ended up flunking out. Then I had a shoulder surgery from an injury that hasnt healed quite fully yet. But I wanted to move back to get an apartment atleast because I know there are people my age and maybe go back to school up there and talk to my main teacher and tell him what happened and see if we can figure something out so I can take a test to become a trainer. RIght now I am a server at a country club, old people talk shit to me all day basically. I just need to find my way. Should I stay here? Or do you think theres better opportunity in illinois for me. I currently have 0 friends here and dont know where to meet them. I don't smoke or drink so i'm "boring" to most people my age apparently.

tldr: Is there more opportunity for a happy life in illinois than tennessee?
>>
>>17272592
any advice?
>>
>>17272592
bymp
>>
>>17272592
You obviously want to move so what's stopping you? Is your mom super old or something?
>>
>>17273041
She's 60, and my grandmother is about to move in with her who is 92. I just feel like thats abandoning my family
>>
>>17273050
I get what you mean, but eventually you gotta live your own life.
>>
>>17273079
Agreed. The hard part is leaving a comfortable home to move into literal poverty.
>>
Knoxville here, we have a decent amount of QTs, Nashville has a ton. Where are you OP
>>
>>17273110
Town called Gallatin, 45 minutes away from nashville
>>
>>17273122
I know where that is, been through a couple of times. You're pretty much fucked then, lots of niggers and white trash in that area if I recall correctly. You're going to be miserable if you stay.

I'd move back to Illinois if I were you, pretty unreasonable for your mom to expect you to be a live in servant in a town where you have no friends or opportunities. She is the one who moved, she really has no businesses dragging you along. And 60 isn't even that old. I go to the gym with guys over 60 who still lift heavy and have jobs full time and shit. Your mom will get along fine without you. Good luck, please just don't shit talk the south too much when you go back home.
>>
>>17273133
I appreciate the advice. And yeah, TONS of niggers. And this is coming from a guy who lives around the Chicago area. There isnt much out here for me. Yeah maybe ill really look into leaving then
>>
>>17273110
Also Knoxville (Powell, specifically) here.

>>17272592
OP, a good place to meet people your age is a bar in college area, or anywhere else college-age people would hang out.

What kind of places do you go to? Do you have a job yet?
>>
>>17273153
I work as a server in a country club. Just a bunch of super rich old people that stiff on tips. And I dont really go anywhere because I dont drink and ive never been to a bar and dont have friends to go with to teach me how to use the bar to my advantage. I go to walmart sometimes
>>
>>17273100
I feel you man. I'm in a similar situation. Helps that my gf is moving out woth me. If you have friends you sgould see if you can move out with them.
>>
>>17273204
Yeah ill see what I can do. Thanks for the advice
>>
I live in mississippi and you're totally right, all the women are either married, in long term relationships, or ugly/hick. Shit culture and I hate living here.

Move back to illinois or fuck anywhere
>>
>>17273242
Why do you think that is? I'd say conservative culture. But then I see tons of white women with black babies everywhere in this state. Are we too late?
>>
>>17273398
Knoxville guy here. Pretty sure the south had major brain dran after the industrial revolution, and then the civil war just put the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>17273407
Like me and my mom have never seen so many interracial couples in our lives before we got here. Like everywhere. Or a white woman with a black kid and no dad (go figure). I am thinking they are trying to make up for slavery or something
>>
go 2 Texas
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.