[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fight the sadness /adv/? >Be me >Live with single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1466279896433.jpg (42KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466279896433.jpg
42KB, 648x960px
How do I fight the sadness /adv/?
>Be me
>Live with single mom in middle-class, mostly white community
>Sophomore year of high school
>Good grades, lots of friends, bright future
>move across the country
>start junior year
>always had emotional problems but something snaps
>become detached from everyone
>give up on schoolwork
>the only classes I don't fail are the ones I barely pass
>the only time I feel alive are in English class
>school year ends
>English teacher tells me how disapponted she was in me
>Mom tells me when I turn 18 she wants nothing to do with me anymore
>Every adult in my life tells me how disappointed they are in my wasted potential
I deserved it though. I really fucked up
>decide I need to start over
>move in with dad
>Go from mostly white, middle-class neighborhood to the ghetto
>Go to inner city school for senior year
>thrive
>get good grades
>meet great people
>learn about myself
>not unhappy anymore but still malcontent
>graduate on time and get accepted into university
I've managed to completely turn everything around but it all feels so hollow.
>Graduate
>stop talking to friends
>move back in with mom to save money before college
>everyone's happy
>except me
I feel terrible and I don't know why. I haven't talked to my high school friends in a month so I can't go to them all of a sudden. I know what my parents will say. Are some people just supposed to be unhappy? I don't want to feel like this anymore.
>>
Which friends?
>>
>>17270312
The people I met in my senior year of high school
>>
>>17270304
Hey, do this.

Text your friends "If I shared something personal with you, would you care to listen?" It doesn't matter if you haven't talked to them in super long. It's cool even if they don't respond or blow you off, etc.

It's very likely most people will go "yeah what's up man" because I know if someone not that close to me said that, I'd listen, at least for a bit.

If anyone responds positively, you've struck gold, just share your feels with them.
>>
>>17270339
Yeah I tried that with someone today. It began with "can I talk to you about something a teeny bit personal" and ended with them saying that they didn't understand it at all.
I appreciated the effort and the fact they cared to listen, but all it did was allow me to mentally organize my thoughts and bring them here.
I'm not trying to sound selfish, but at this point a solution would be nice.
>>
>>17270354
Just do it even more. Say the same thing to even more people. It doesn't matter if they don't understand, just make conversation.

Emotional problems will fade once you spend enough time with people who a) are normal, and b) care about you.
>>
Just let them know you miss them...
>>
>>17270304
u have a pattern in ur story, u lack motivation. and u have dopamine with it.
>>
I have been in an fucked up situation like... thousand years ago. Situation after situation, it seems for me that everything will be going worse and worse.

HOWEVER

I have learned (with the help of correct people, aka my friends) that if I keep complaining about and do nothing to improve, I will fail.
So, three years ago, I made a change and when in need:

I rely on my Faith (Yeah, I'm a believer)
I rely on my friends (true friends.)
I rely on my career (keep me mind-busy)
I rely on excercising (keeps away depression.)

It have worked. It's not that easy, of course but it helps a lot. You notice that I don't inclue my family; because my family sucks. I just learned to live with that and carry on.

The thing is, the only one responsible for your happiness is yourself. You don't need anything or anyone to be happy. But you can find support with other people/activities and that's why you should look for something to do/someone to talk or hang out.

Anon, try to work on your attitude first, trust me, it will help a lot.
>>
>>17270384
>>17270368
Alright anons, I'll try.

>>17270368
I want to agree with you, I do tend to lose motivation for a lot of the things I do, but I met all the goals I set for myself the past school year. Shouldn't I be happier because of that?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.