[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my trust issues? I've been having trust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (48KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 1024x537px
How do I get over my trust issues?

I've been having trust issues for a long time... It all started when my mom started cheating on my dad. Overheard her conversations through the other line. Saw her deleted text messages, whatever...

Found out multiple friend's girlfriends were cheating on them over the years. I just always happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and get exposed to shit. I know two guys who are married with kids who aren't theirs, and they have no idea.

Basically... I'm really having a hard time trusting women. I've already been cheated on twice, and both I found out after. I'm scared of commitment. I just don't want to be hurt.
>>
>>17266511
asking myself the same thing tbhbbq
>>
bump of shame
>>
>>17266511
bumperino
>>
Hey dude, I don't have all the answers but I think the best place to start is reminding yourself that trust needs to be earned and not dolled out like candy on Halloween. It is okay to be guarded when meeting someone new, or putting faith in someone when you've been given no reason not to. What is not okay is holding anybody up to an unachievable standard so that you DON'T have to ever trust them. That is sabotage and insurmountable and unfair.

TL:DR - Be guarded but fairly reward people with trust once they have earned it.
>>
File: 1456027628207.jpg (53KB, 375x414px) Image search: [Google]
1456027628207.jpg
53KB, 375x414px
>>17266511
Being cheated on sucks, period. No doubt. Maybe look into the types of people you find yourself dating and see if there is a commonality between them and being cheaters. I don't blame victims so I won't say it is because of you they cheated but maybe there is some reason you associate with these types of people?
>>
what has helped me with learning to trust people is that, usually, the reason you are mistrustful is because other people have hurt you or betrayed that trust. and you have to remember that these new people you want to trust, they are not those people who hurt you. its unfair to them to not give them the benefit of the doubt that they will not hurt you because of the actions of previous people in your life.
>>
2 months before wedding I've broke into my future wife's facebook. She was cheating on me with some other guy.

Even then she blamed me for trust issues and that I try to control her.

Fuck those bitches, trust issues made me dodge a bullet.

It's not trust issues OP, it's sixth sense. Keep it.
>>
>>17266511
So you can list - let's say 5 or 6 people who have cheated. How many people do you know in total? Don't the odds seem pretty much in favor of any specific person being trustworthy?
>>
>>17267546
>It's not trust issues OP, it's sixth sense. Keep it.
Hell yeah. Most people spend more time researching when they buy a TV than they do checking if their partner is a solid decent person.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.