[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have IBS and want to kill myself. Problem is, I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1463233775936.png (432KB, 603x428px) Image search: [Google]
1463233775936.png
432KB, 603x428px
I have IBS and want to kill myself.

Problem is, I don't want to die. I want to live. I don't want to hurt people that love me.

I've tried so many medications, I've tried about everything, but every day is constant pain and I haven't been able to hangout with my friends in 6 months now. Last year I was perfectly healthy and in February I kept going to the ER for awful stomach pain and got diagnosed with IBS.

What should I do? For the first time in my life I think I'm genuinely scared. It feels like the walls are closing in on me.
>>
You need to go to a gastroenterologist and find a treatment that works for you. It's also very important to keep a food diary in order to figure out what your 'trigger foods' are.

I have Crohn's disease which isn't far off from IBS. I was living in pain for years until one day it got so bad I was taken to the ER for an emergency bowel resection. That's when I was diagnosed. Since then I have found a medication that is keeping me in remission, and I am careful to avoid any of trigger foods. It is very rare that I have any flare-ups now. You can probably achieve this too. Hundreds of thousands of people live with IBS - it is manageable. Good luck
>>
>>17264942
What's IBS? Inherent Beta Syndrome?
>>
>>17264961
>You need to go to a gastroenterologist and find a treatment that works for you.
I've been seeing one for months now, trust me. I'm currently on linzess which makes me shit my fucking guts out in the morning (which really doesn't help my stress considering I hate using public bathrooms.)
At first it was working. It was like I never had IBS, the only side effect I was even having was diarrhea 5-6 times a day. Suddenly, it just came back. I don't know why. My GI doesn't know why. The ER doctors didn't know why. My colon just decided to get backed up again for no reason.
>It's also very important to keep a food diary in order to figure out what your 'trigger foods' are.
That's another thing.
I can eat anything and it doesn't upset my stomach. I mean of course there are foods that I could eat that would upset anyone's stomach (eg spicy foods) but otherwise, food doesn't hurt my stomach. It's just a constant pain. It doesn't matter WHAT I eat. I've went a couple of days without eating to see if that would help. Nope. I ate very bland, safe food. Nope. I ate regularly. Nope.
>Hundreds of thousands of people live with IBS - it is manageable.
I understand that plenty of people have it, yet it seems like every time I try to search up advice on it, it's always people being negative. I never see any positive stories about it.
The only positive thing I've ever heard about IBS was from a friend who has it. He manages it and never has flares up anymore, but he's had it his whole life whereas I've been recently diagnosed.

I'm just very scared and confused at this point. Like I said, nothing seems to help.

I'm also sorry to hear about your Crohn's, but I'm glad you're doing a lot better now.

>>17264979
Funny. Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
You bring up another topic: I hate my condition because of how embarassing is. No one understands it and I've been made fun of for having it before.
>>
>>17264979
Really nigga? You can't even use google? You are on fucking internet.

>>17264942
And you are asking something like that on a Mongolian Jodel forum? Go see another doctor. Read about it, get into medial school, than become a doctor yourself and dedicate your life to solving your own disease. And upon your deathbed find cure so that you can go into the darkness shouting "fuuuuuck youuuu IBS".
>>
>>17265000
This board is called advice for a reason. Not every board is the same.
Doctors themselves can't figure out how IBS works, so I'm not sure what good I could do when I can't even leave the house when I'm in so much pain. I've seen other doctors. I've read about it.
I appreciate the whole "fuck the condition and tell it go to hell" type thing, but that's not how it works.
>>
OP, I suffer from the same pain, IBS is common in my family, your pain seems to be much higher than normal though. I would get a second opinion (guessing you already have tho). Does smoking pot help? I smoke about one hit out of a metal cigarette in the morning and it kills the pain (and more in my case nausea). Hope things get better for you, chronic pain is something no one should have to live with.

Also have you looked into fecal transplants? No joke they take the fecal matter purified from a healthy person's gut and give you a dose of it that promotes the natural positive bacteria required to not fuck shit up.

You sure you don't have an ulcer or hernia?
>>
>>17264993

My advice is to go see another gastro and get a second opinion. Take your medical records with you, explain how linzess didn't work for you, and see if they can offer you an alternative

Also, the food diary thing is still of utmost importance. I used to think my Crohn's was unrelated to what I ate too, because my flare-ups were seemingly random. It wasn't until I started taking note of everything I ate that I started seeing a pattern. Even if you think it might be pointless, I urge you to keep a food journal, and to note exactly when and how much pain you are feeling. At worst you waste 15 minutes of your day; at best you find out what is causing your pain. This is also a huge help to doctors who are examining your case.

There is an answer for you; your case isn't hopeless. You just need to find it. It sucks and it can take time and effort, but everyone who has these diseases has to LEARN what works for them. You are just now starting out so it seems daunting, but I assure you that you can master this.
>>
>>17265021
I don't smoke, I never have and plus it's not legal in my state.

I have heard about fecal transplants but unfortunately that isn't covered by insurance (at least here) so I'd be paying with money I don't have.

I had a colonoscopy done and my doctor said my digestive system looked incredibly healthy, hence the "we don't know why you feel shitty so here's an IBS diagnosis".

>>17265030
Alright, I'll go see another gastro and start a food diary. You're right, even though it may be a waste of time, it's better to be safe than sorry and it could help my doctor(s) out.

I really hope you're right and I appreciate the kindness you're showing me. It's just hard trying to find hope when I keep sinking lower and lower. I think to myself "I've hit rock bottom, I can't go any lower," but I end up descending further right after.
>>
>>17264979
Hahaha
>>
File: image.jpg (950KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
950KB, 2048x1536px
You just gotta find the food right for you. When I was in High School, I was super nervous and also very picky with food because I would literally "feel like dying" on the toilet, lel. It was a mix of nervousness cause I was a fag back then and also certain foods that made me shit my brains out. But after 7 months when my family tried out different diets and foods for me to eat I eventually found what was right for me and I also became a "stone" when it came to emotional problems so I didn't suffer from nervousness shitting problems. ALSO a big one is your shitting routine. Some people just shit whenever they want, but some people like me, had to find a routine to shit so I didn't carry like 3 pounds of crap inside of me.
>Emotions
>Types of Food
>Routine
The three big ones.
>>
>>17265066

I know what you're going through man. I was severely depressed when I was first diagnosed - due in part to being hospitalized but also it just sucks to find out you have a disease for which the cure hasn't been discovered.

The good news is that you are still going to live a healthy, normal life. The bad news is that that is going to take a bit more effort on your part than for someone who doesn't have IBS.

I promise, if you do what I said and be persistent and proactive in learning about and treating your disease, you will learn to manage it easily.

A lot of what I learned about my own disease came from reading forums of people who have it. For example, one poster was raving about how ground flax seed was doing wonders for his constipation. Well, I tried putting a serving of ground flax seed in my smoothies I drink after the gym, and ever since my shits have been perfect double tapered logs with no straining. Lmao it's disgusting I know but it's just an example of little "tricks" like that, that you can learn from experience or research, that will go a long way in making your day to day life a lot easier. It's tough because these things work differently for everybody, but with a little trial and error you will learn what works for your body. For me, changing my diet brought the biggest change. For you it could be your water intake, or taking a multivitamin, etc. You just gotta find what works and then you'll be all good, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>17265120
>>17265125
I'm honestly starting to think my depression may really be affecting my stomach more than anything, along with me being a picky eater. I'm gonna go see my psychiatrist again and start trying a lot more different foods instead of sticking to what I know.

A lot of my issues have to do with telling people, too. I'm worried of how people will think of me once they find out I have this, especially my biological mother who has no idea about any of this. I've had a girl who liked me stop talking to me and called me a loser because I had to cancel plans due to me being in the ER.

I appreciate the advice from both of you guys, thanks a lot.
>>
>>17265150

>I've had a girl who liked me stop talking to me and called me a loser because I had to cancel plans due to me being in the ER.

It sounds like you must be in high school, because there's no way anyone over 18 could possibly be as immature as that girl. You dodged a bullet there - good riddance.

As adults, there is never any shame in telling someone you have a disease. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 750x1334px
>>17265150
Dude no problem at all. I remember when I first had my shitty ass (literally) conflict I was so embarrast but I knew I could talk to someone about it and they wouldn't judge. That person/people were my family, especially my mom. If you ever get to talk to your mom about it ask if she had it? Usually this stuff is genetic and passes on from mother or father. But yeah, having someone to talk about it really helped me out mentally and physically. Having someone right by your side for advice and opinions on why this might be happening really is nice.
>>
>>17265180
Girl was my age and it wasn't even a date.

It is embarrassing for me, as I've stated before I've had people make fun of me for it.
I'm scared to tell my mother about it because I don't want her to be ashamed of her son or anything like that. It's just extremely difficult for me and I'm trying not to be such a fucking baby about it but it's difficult.

>>17265195
Nobody on her side of the family has it. My real father refuses to talk to me, so I can't really do much about that.
>>
File: 1465349317310.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1465349317310.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>17264942
I got on an anti-depressant call cymbalta and it stopped mine within two weeks. I don't take the meds anymore and still don't have IBS. IBS is psychosomatic so treat your brain not your bowels.
>>
>>17265200

You're in HS, so I can see why you're embarrassed and people make fun. No offense, but most high schoolers are dumbasses with little to no world experience or regard for people other than themselves - that's why they can be such ruthless bullies. Once you start hanging out with young adults (i.e. people with a shred of maturity and tact) your IBS will be a complete non issue.

Also, it would make no sense for a mother to be ashamed of her son because of a disease that was passed to him generically. If she cares about you, she will be there for you and support you through it.
>>
>>17265238

genetically*
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>17265200
Just know that there are people who have been in your position before it's perfectly normal even though it seems terrible.
>>
>>17265238
Alright man, I'll talk to her about it tonight. Thank you, I needed the boost of confidence.

>>17265251
I suppose you're right, yeah. Those people have gotten out of it, I don't see why I can't. I guess I just have to be patient.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>17265280
Yes, just make sure you get out there and are able to try new things, the more you open up the better you will be at finding what is right for you and what isn't. It's just life, "you live and you learn"
>>
>>17265303
I just wanna thank you and everyone else who helped me out here. I genuinely, truly appreciate it and it has changed my outlook on things. Thank you.
>>
>>17265379

Best of luck to you OP. You're gonna be fine
>>
Look into getting a hookworm infection (it's being called "helminthic therapy" to make it sound a little better).

Worms have a regulatory effect on the immune system that can help with problems like allergies, crohn's, or IBS (which is basically a catchall for "we have no fucking idea what's wrong").
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.