[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a girlfriend from Japan and she is very strict against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

File: bluedream_0.jpg (64KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
bluedream_0.jpg
64KB, 640x400px
I have a girlfriend from Japan and she is very strict against smoking weed. I'm not a stoner, I do it like three or four times a year. However, she suggests to stop because it "changes my brain" and what not. Everytime I try to tell her that it is not that bad if you don't smoke everyday or every week she just blocks away and changes the topic. How can I convince her that weed is not a hell of a drug and less dangerous than alcohol?
>>
>>17264303
Mate I smoke weeds occasionally and nothing's wrong with me
>>
why do you care to convince her?
>>
Why not just stop smoking weed?
>>
Fuck that close minded cunt. It's not even problem that she's against drugs but it'll only be worse with things you two are going to have different opinions about.

Fucking bitch, makes me mad.
>>
>>17264303
Studies, try to find those that are about frequency of consumption. The info that weed changes your brain is true, but you would need to smoke a lot daily for a very long period of time. Show her that based on your frequency of use and amount the only danger you are in is of eating like a pig and laughing like a retard.
Lastly, say that while you care for her, you will not stop doing it, if she wants she can accept that.
>>
She cant compromise, communicate with you respectively and is trying to control your actions - all are red flags. Meaning, unless you like being her bitch, she's a bad partner.

Ive been put in your situation OP, with my bf it was cigarettes & with a friend it was weed. They both gave me the same shit as your gf and tried to give me an ultimatum. I told them both I wasnt going to stop and that I didn't appreciate them trying to control me or guilt trip me when I declined. My bf apologized, stopped the behavior, and we moved on. We got better at communicating too. With my "friend" he stopped talking to me. After a couple yrs, my "friend" contacted me again to catch up. Turns out he started smoking weed. He never apologized and after a few weeks tried controlling my behavior again (didnt want me to play multiplayer games without him) so I dropped him.

Dont let people walk all over you OP. Trying to talk to someone who acts like she does is a waste of time. They already have their minds made up and are close-minded.
>>
Did she know you smoked weed occasionally from the beginning?

For my perspective, I would've broken up with you immediately rather than forcing you to change. Because you can't get in relationships and expect your mate to change. They change if they want to.

Consider breaking up. Your viewpoints will never align
>>
>>17264320
this eat pot brownies instead.
>>
ITT: Stoners getting buttmad at based Japanese waifu
>>
>>17264699
>a bitch telling you what to do with your life
>based waifu

Kek, stay weaboo.
>>
File: 420 blaze it XD.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
420 blaze it XD.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>17264739
Aw, what's the matter? Weed get to your brain and prevent you from making a solid argument?

Is the big bad weeb making you sad?
>>
>>17264303
I think your girlfriend is right but she is an Asian so I really don't care about either of you.
>>
>someone doesn't encourage drugs
>HOW DO I CONVINCE THEM ITS OKAY

Fucking degenerates these days I swear to god
>>
>>17264361
Yes but no, you are being 100% logical, people aren't 100% logical. You should use studies though.

>>17264410
I honestly think you are misunderstanding this, she is probably not trying to change his behaviour per se, she is trying to HELP HIM, in Japan weed is really, REALLY fucking taboo and 99% of the people there consider it a really harmful drug, if you get a gf that does coke and you try to get her to stop it isn't because you are controlling, it's because you care.

The problem is that she thinks that it's incredibly harmful, and because she cares for you she wants you to stop.

Absolute first thing to do, make her understand that you understand, it's not a "you versus her" scenario and she has to know this, if she is evading the discussion it's probably because she doesn't want to argue with you, it's important to make her realize that this isn't just you wanting something and she wanting something else.

Show thankfulness because she cares and then try to explain that it's normal for her to have those beliefs, then show her (SHOW, NOT EXPLAIN, it's important that this doesn't look like you just have something against the japanese, articles and references = good, "japanese just think X" = bad) that there is a stigma in japan related to weed.

It is also important that she doesn't feel at fault at any point in this, that puts 99% of the people on the defensive 100% of the time.

THEN you can show her studies, articles and whatever about the actual consequences of smoking weed casually (barely any, whatever) try to get respectable ones and not "hey jeff has been doing it for decades and he is still alive" or "well this webpage called ganka420life says it's fine"

It's a personal partner with which you have intimacy, not someone you have to win a debate against, this is about a personal relationship, not cold logic and facts.
>>
>>17264303
tell her life isnt an anime and she should just suck your dick
>>
>>17264756
>420 blaze it XD
>XD
wat.
>prevent you from making a solid argument
The irony. You're a troll, anyway.
>>
>>17264880
"She cares"
"Every time I try to talk to her she blocks out and changes the topic"

If someone really cared about you they would hear what you have to say and be respectful. But she doesnt, she's fuckin rude. That controlling behavior will only grow to bigger things if he obeys her.
>>
File: so mad he's reading file names.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
so mad he's reading file names.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>17264906
Dude, all stoners are trolls. Why do you think no one takes them seriously? They're ignorant and uneducated.
>>
>>17264303
Why do you care so much about cutting out something you only ever do three or four times in a year anyway?
>>
>>17264303
Well if it's only a three or four times a year thing then what's the BFD about quitting it entirely? Sacrificing something that is rare anyway wouldn't be a big deal surely.

I think there is more than you're telling us. Are you smoking it to fit in?
>>
>>17264880

Best advice ITT. If, after all this, she is still convinced it's a devil's drug that is going to rot your brain and ruin your life, then she can't be saved from her own ignorance
>>
>>17264844
What's wrong with drugs?
>>
>>17264997
They're terrifically illegal in Japan, so no wonder OP's girlfriend is worried about his usage.

Fact is though, a relationship partner asking another to not keep breaking the law is reasonable.
>>
>>17265020
Yeah but what's wrong with using drugs if it doesn't affect your behaviour in a long term?
>>
>>17264303
first of all stop trying to change peoples opinon on life? if she thinks weed is bad then let her be her own person.
>>
>>17265043
Irrelevant, OP isn't arguing with a doctor he is arguing with his girlfriend. If a smoke a few times a year means more to him than his girlfriend then he should just leave her.
>>
>>17264303
Japan has a big misunderstanding with weed, and probably one of the biggest problems with alcoholism as a country. But they have great public transit, easy places to stay overnight for cheap or free, and rarely get violent. All of my friends that moved there still smoke weed and their Japanese friends either come to accept it or just don't hang out. My Japanese friends living in the US learned to accept pot but some still get judgy.
>>
>>17265097
>Weed isn't as bad as X
Look, it's illegal. Get the fuck over the fact. Stop trying to make people feel like they should just be "cool" about breaking the law.
>>
>>17265071
I love everyones first response. If she doesnt agree with you, break up with her. You people must have the most boring relationships.
>>
>>17265109
Nerd
>>
>>17265097

After WWII, America installed a government in Japan. They put in very harsh penalties for marijuana related offenses. Japan saw the cannabis control act in July of 1948. Incidentally, they also saw over-the-counter amphetamines.

So, OP, if history has taught us anything, try getting your girl to try meth with you instead.
>>
>>17265126
You really must be an addict to be clinging so hard to something that is supposed to be so chill.
>>
>>17265109
It's illegal in Japan, not here. Dunno where OPs from so I'm just giving in my personal experience as someone who has both expatriate friends living in Japan and Japanese friends living here who've learned to adjust to their new culture. If you've ever been to Tokyo you'll see people getting pants on head drunk every night, puking in the streets, shitting on their briefcase. Sure potheads can get pretty obnoxious but all societies need to treat alcohol as a controlled substance as well rather than a recreation or lifestyle.
>>
>All of this compensation about smoking weed
I thought you guys are supposed to not care about what the "man" says..
>>
>>17264303
Well if she is from japan then she has a warped view on weed considering all the anti drug propaganda in japan

>tfw possession of marijuana can land you up to 5 years in jail in japan
>>
>>17264303
Just don't talk about it, eventually the world will realize how much more dangerous alcohol is than weed; alcohol has just been socially acceptable because of drinking culture. What she doesn't know won't hurt her
>>
>it's against the law so it's automatically and objectively bad

Time to grow up children. Learn to think for yourselves a little bit. I hate when people lump illegal drugs all into the same category. I guess weed is equal to black tar heroin now? It's less harmful to you than alcohol and literally impossible to overdose on. It's akin to your Arab gf freaking out about you posting political satire on facebook because in her country people get imprisoned for it.
>>
>>17265153
>Japs think weed is some horrible superdrug
>Proceed to drink to dangerous levels every weekend.

Lol I know I'm being a dick and generalizing it in a very black and white way but the japs annoy me because drinking culture is fucking huge there but weed is considered horrible
>>
>>17264320
Why not just live in a wheel chair for the rest of your life, since you clearly have no spine.
>>
>>17265142
So? Alcohol is legal and acceptable in Japanese culture while weed really isn't. You can't just say "welp I think weed's okay so forget the entire Japanese judicial system. They should listen to me really."

I'm not saying weed is good or bad, I'm just saying that OP is arguing about breaking the law. If his girlfriend doesn't want her boyfriend committing a crime then who the fuck is OP to tell her she is wrong?

>Side note: I've smoked it, I really don't get what the big deal is, although I was very drunk already both times
>>
>>17265109
Nobody gives a shit about being cool after high school bud.
>Underageb&
>>
Rather than speaking about what weed doesn't do to you, lets talk about what it does do for you that alcohol or nicotine doesn't already.

There are a lot of people that think that weed, despite it being illegal, is some sort of human right and that not only is OP's girlfriend a FUCKING FOOL for disagreeing with his smoking BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE FACTS! But so is the Japanese government and most over governments across the globe.

I'm not going to say it is right or wrong, I'm just reiterating the fact that it is illegal, it makes people uncomfortable and OP has no right to expect his girlfriend to put up with his smoking when it is illegal any more than his has the right to expect his girlfriend to deal with drinking even though it is legal.

It's about acknowledging other people, some day you'll hopefully realise that there is a world outside of yourselves and your 420 blaze it hotboxes and that you need to consider them, especially if you want a girlfriend.
>>
>>17265174
Clearly people in this thread do 'bud'.
Beside I'm not talking about a Fonzie kind of cool, I mean the kind of cool like "Don't squeal, be cool".
>>
>>17264303
Women and logic don't mix. You have to condition her to think weed is ok/fun
>>
>>17264756
>bait
>the junk food and masturbation has rotted your brain to the core
>the lack of sunshine and social interaction doesn't help either
>weed has actually made me even smarter as I've learned to use a brain that communicates ineffectively therefore when the neurological communication recovers I become stupid smart which makes me depressed, example I figured out that my mother probably did drugs while she had me (tobacco alcohol cannabis) because she was "certain" I was another girl and she was going to get an abortion, turned out I was a dude, and she felt so guilty she babied the Fuck out of me but then she went crazy again (she was hard scitzo and bipolar) left me at 12, cannabis has pretty much saved me from killing myself because my life was pretty shit even ignoring my home life.
>>
>>17264844
And exactly how "straight edge" are you?
>>
Summer project for you, then: smoke it at least five more times spaced out over the next three months - to actually understand its effects, because two times is insufficient experience to allow you to form an opinion. But I agree that it's no big deal. Some like it; it's not terribly unhealthy.
>>
>>17264989
3 words...
Quality vs. Quantity.
>>
>>17265020
Who says he isn't somewhere legal you're basing this off your own situation.
>>
>>17265248
Wait, what? This was for >>17265165
>>
>>17265109
Faggot. Simply put your bigotry disgusts me.
>>
>>17265248
No fuck you, If I don't care about it even after trying it twice and being surrounded by people who smoke it for over 4 years then clearly I just don't like it.

Why am I not allowed to just not like it? For such "chill" people you sure all seem to be like the thought police.
>>
>>17265144
Times don't change?
>>
>>17265155
One word.
Adult.
>>
>>17265262
I'm basing it off the fact that his girlfriend lives in a country where it is very illegal.

Why do you think that she should just ignore her own country's laws because OP might live in Colombia or Colorado or some shit.
>>
>>17265277
>Takes a suggestion as an attack.
>proceeds to say those who disagree have no chill...
>How very chilly of you.
>>
>>17265139
This.

Gaijinfag here.

Just like many anons have already said weed and all other drugs are viewed as taboo here. 危険ドラッグ (like doraggu/dangerous drugs).

Why not drop weed and do oxygen instead?
>>
>>17265287
But because it's illegal in Japan doesn't mean it's illegal where OP is... This might be an example of acculturation.
>>
>>17265302
I didn't claim to be chill, I thought it was quite obvious I was pissed off.
>>
>>17265309
Tolerance.
>>
>>17264303

>I'm not a stoner, I do it like three or four times a year.

Err... is there a specific reason why you can't just do it and not tell her about it? Smoke when she's not around? You don't have to LIE about it, it's just such a minor thing I don't see why you'd even need to bring it up. It's like, if she doesn't like turkey sandwiches, and you eat a turkey sandwich for lunch today, are you obligated to tell her about it?
>>
>>17265165
OP said his gf was from Japan not that he was living there. If she's in a society that accepts marijuana, she should learn to compromise a bit.
>>
>>17265309
Or just drink alcohol as is the fucking custom?
Even if OP moved out to Japan, marries his girlfriend and manages to evade the Japanese police with his smoking. He isn't going to be surround by that smoking culture anymore. Where is his happiness going to come from once he is no longer in a massive group of people who reckon they're outside of society for smoking weed but really aren't, but when he really is outside of society for smoking?
>>
>>17265237
Dumb weed posters can't quote right
>>
>>17265109
Weed isn't as bad as X, that shit is cut with speed, coke, and meth and MDMA can give you flashbacks.
>>
>>17265315
>What...
>you called those who are "chill" thought police but you're being livid on a suggestion so you have no ground to call a suggestion some form of policing, and in math there is the rule of 3 for patterns.
>>
>>17265326
Not if it is also illegal in his local country, Or state if he is a yankee doodle.
>>
>>17265325
Well I assume these occasions are celebrations his gf would be at.
>>
>>17265336
You don't know what it is like to be the one who refuses.
>>
>>17265326
Greentext. Because we're talking about green... You are a tad bit slow...
>Maybe my herb will heal you.
>>
>>17265347
Says the sheep. Your argument has more holes than a brothel.
>>
One of the few documented negative effects of smoking weed is decreased motivation.

Convince her with research, which you should easily find with the help of Google Scholar.
>>
>>17265347
Have you been drinking? XD
>>
so many fellow smokers taking the bait itt
just dont talk about it, its not like youre a daily user
>>
>>17265126
>You people must have the most boring relationships.

Says the guy who works 60 hours a week to pay for his trash ungrateful girlfriend's college tuition and utilities. Man we are all jealous of your fun, exciting relationship.
>>
>>17265361
See I don't mind people disagreeing with the usage as long as they have a logical reason this is a logical reason not some made up reefer madness bullshit.
>>
>>17265353
I don't mean compromise her values but compromise by opening her mind to the values of what I assume to be her host society. I don't go to Japan and tell people around me to stop puking and sleeping in the streets because it's illegal where I live.
>>
>>17265335
HPPD is a pretty rare occurance. Those who do have it experience minor things too. They don't see dragons or have their whole vision warped. OP explain to your girlfriend why weed is illegal. Years of propaganda hide the fact that it was for racial and financial reasons. Hemp was become the million dollar crop.
>>
>>17265355
>You're a sheep for not smoking weed or thinking people who do are awesome
Your argument doesn't have any holes because it doesn't exist. You don't need weed to survive, it makes people uncomfortable, it's illegal and it makes you just as lazy and feckless as alcohol. The only reason you do smoke weed is so that you can feel like you're on the outside of circle of "sheep", when you realise you really are on the outside of the circle (for example the Japanese population) you get properly defensive.
>>
>>17265375
I apologize friendo you seem to have gotten the wrong response, yes I agree with your comment fully, acculturation and understanding.
>>
>>17265335
X is MDMA dingus
>>
>>17265381
Are you 14?
Moron... If I gave a shit what society thought do you think I would do something that makes my life harder to achieve what society wants?
And again anything anyone says is a suggestion unless they are literally forcing you. Just grow the Fuck up and do you.
>>
>>17265393
X or ecstasy is a slang word for mdma, but x is not particularly mdma, x is commonly cut with other drugs, little speed here, maybe some coke, to try to simulate mdma but just make sure you don't have mdpv or... BATH SALTS.
>>
>>17265393
X is ecstacy which is MDMA cut with other things and pressed into pill form. Molly is pure MDMA powder. Moon rock is crystallized MDMA with impurities.
>>
>>17264349
Butt-bothered degenerate.
>>
>>17265330
>Because we're talking about green... You are a tad bit slow...
>Maybe my herb will heal you.
>>
>>17265396
I am doing me by not thinking weed is a god given right and I am being given shit, not by the establishment or society but by you.And from experience most people I've come across who smokes weed.

I'm understand you (apparently) care so little for society expects of YOU, but I still don't understand why OP's girlfriend is wrong for asking that her boyfriend doesn't smoke at all as opposed to 2 or 3 times a year if it makes her uncomfortable.
>>
>>17264303
ITT: DUDE WEED LMAO
This thread is a darling example of how delusional you fucking stoner faggots are. Dank kush is a magical drug that is somehow *different* from every other drug in existence, be it legal or illegal. Obviously, OP, if neither of you will budge, then you have to make the choice-- weed or her. And believe it or not, there are cultures in the world that view weed negatively.
>>
>>17265432
I fucking hate people like you because you don't act on human empathy, and logic you act on what you're told because it's "too complicated for you to understand"(obviously) but that aside karma police with your so called altruism... You need to understand you aren't owed shit. So Fuck you for thinking you're owed things that are concepts without grounding, "God Given RIGHTS" Fuck your God.
Fuck your apathy to care about understanding how shit works.
And Fuck your bigotry towards generalizing people on a based few...
You are fucked in the head.
>>
>>17265437
Honestly it is not different but it is not proportionally classified to it's danger, and the means for its classification are so twisted, that it has become a symbol for counterculture.
Also
>bait
>>
>>17265458
What the fuck are you rambling on about? I literally just told you I am the one who is getting shit IRL for not smoking. That's where my distaste for weed is coming from, the fact that stoners seem to have the lack of human empathy for people just don't share the same beliefs as them.

I know I'm not owed shit, it's you who needs to know that you're not owed acceptance for your habit by default just because it's pop culture to smoke weed.

Again, I'm not saying it is right or wrong. I was never granted a free opinion by users of weed and they all, like you, got defensive about it. I just get pissed off whenever I see smokers telling people THEY ARE WRONG for disagreeing with them.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.