[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at ShopRite as a bagger. I want more hours, so my coworker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160607_163139.jpg (149KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_163139.jpg
149KB, 1024x640px
I work at ShopRite as a bagger. I want more hours, so my coworker recommended that I work as a cashier.

Thing is, im bad at math. And money. And if i mess up with someones elses money, im gonna start panicking. These people are paying $100+ for grocories, and if i have to tell them i fucked up, they're gonna get angry.

Should i just get another job for the extra hours? I want to do cashier but im just so nervous ill fuck up.
>>
It literally takes no math. Do you know what a cash register is/does? Or do you think they give you a notebook and pencil then tell you to add everything up with tax?
>>
>>17257747
I know what it does. Im just so nervous about fucking up somehow.
>>
>>17257751
You really shouldn't worry about it. I mean really, have you seen some of the people that work at Wal-Mart? Literally anyone can do it. It's ok to be a little nervous with a new job but you'll come to realize that you can learn it and it's not that bad. You'll be fine, I know you will!
>>
Op here again. In addition, i think i may be nervous about the big numbers people pay. Id rather do $60 or less items, then ill feel a bit better.
>>
>>17257761
Pretty much this. You're out thinking yourself. If you fuck up, own up to it immediately and ask for help.

I used to manage a c store on the border between a state with high tobacco tax and almost none. We would deal in several hundred dollars worth of cartons pretty often. First thing I'd tell people when I trained them was not to worry about fucking up, there was literally nothing they could do that I couldn't fix as long as they were honest about it.
>>
>>17257761
>>17257775
Thanks for the words of confidence, anons. Ill try it out. And if its not for me, i can always go back, right?
>>
The cash register does the math for you. Isn't technology wonderful?
>>
Just do the cashier job. I'm the dumbest person in my Woolworths supermarket and I do it just fine.
>>
>>17257741
Do they have self check-out registers there? Maybe you can just be a supervisor for the self check-outs rather than be a cashier.
>>
>I work at ShopRite.

I'm so sorry.
I worked there too. Worst time of my life.
>>
>bagger
Dump both jobs and learn a skill

What an utterly useless job, leave it for the sick and elderly
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.