[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here successfully went from shy, low self confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1455171277030.jpg (13KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
1455171277030.jpg
13KB, 391x391px
Has anyone here successfully went from shy, low self confidence to one hundred percent comfortable and outgoing around people?

I used to be the latter, until an incident in my life, so I know that I can go back to it.

any tips?
>>
Depends what was the accident?

Also be yourself, not everyone has to be a superstar.
>>
>>17245716
My best bud living with me ended up killing himself. I got depressed and stopped being a people person. Got shy and low self esteem.

I used to be super bubbly, confident and outgoing
>>
>I used to be super bubbly
gee, I wonder why someone who lived with you would want to kill themselves
>>
>>17245713
I did, by faking everything until it seemed natural to me. I would force myself to say hi to everyone, make eye contact but never be the first to look away. Forced myself to talk to people. I wasn't arrogant but I pretended like I was the shit and for some reason people believed it.

It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that hard either. I just faked everything until it came naturally. I started after I realized that people didn't like being around shy, insecure people.
>>
>>17245729
i guess that was the wrong word. We we're both really high energy I guess you could say.
>>
>>17245731
fair enough man, it'll come back the more i force it
>>
>>17245729
what an awful thing to say. why would you post that?
>>
>>17245713
Yeah, by improving myself, improving both my social skills, confidence, working out, starting to do sports as a teen, going out, all that stuff.

But I can't really go full 100% due to some problems, hell I sure would like to, it's just something else I've got to fix, not a common thing, but it affects a lot
>>
>>17245713
>Has anyone here successfully went from shy, low self confidence to one hundred percent comfortable and outgoing around people?
yeah i still look outistic tho even when i'm extraverted

>any tips?
get bipolar
>I used to be the latter, until an incident in my life, so I know that I can go back to it.
>>17245724
get therapy
practice being sociable until you get the skill back
if possible overwrite bad experiences with good ones

treat your overall depression if you have it
>>
>>17245751
it's 4chan/the internet. He doesn't mean it, and he certainly wouldn't say that IRL. He's just trying to fit in with the "edgy" crowd. I definitely don't take offense to it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.