[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a douche? I'm a big self-important tool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: question.png (97KB, 334x372px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
97KB, 334x372px
How do I stop being a douche? I'm a big self-important tool with delusions of grandeur.
>>
Marcus Aurelius - meditations
Anything in stoicism really
>>
Well given that narcissism is often a personality trait, you'd need some serious help to stop being a dick
>>
>>17245209
yea usually its a couple ass woopings that bring you back to earth.
>>
>>17245209
I wouldn't say I'm mean. I'm just not as smart and as capable as I'd like to think and try to come off. I try to be a kind person, although it is definitely rooted in, "look at me being a nice guy in the face of a cruel world I'm morally superior", in a sort of contrived nice guy manner that I'm sure everyone senses.

What kind of help could I get? Just the typical therapist?
>>
Everything you think you are good at there is someone out of there better than you. Your life has no importance whatsoever and you will be forgotten like the billions of people who have lived and died on this shitstain of a planet.
>>
Volunteer work. I recommend Special Olympics.
>>
>>17245191
You find other, larger, self-important tools with delusions of grandeur. It'll make you humble.

At my current job, we're not paid to be busy, we're paid to be amazing. We work for minutes each hour, but each and every second of those few minutes can alter the fate of someone's life.

Every individual that works there has the same personality.
They all feel as if they are the one running the place.
They are the one holding it all together.
They feel as if they are the best person to handle each and every instance.

Surround yourself with people that think they're bigger than they are and you'll become more self aware.
>>
>>17245332
>At my current job, we're not paid to be busy, we're paid to be amazing. We work for minutes each hour, but each and every second of those few minutes can alter the fate of someone's life.

I get your point but were you serious about this part? Are you saying that high stakes jobs tend to attract narcissists or that your narcissistic employees have an inflated view of what they do?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.