[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm very nervous about this but my boyfriend is coming to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1332747853296.png (72KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
1332747853296.png
72KB, 240x312px
i'm very nervous about this but my boyfriend is coming to my home town to meet my family for the first time. i've never introduced a boyfriend to my family before, mostly because my mom has very high standards and expectations when it comes to boyfriends and friends of mine... (which is why i try to keep my activities a secret)

we're going out to eat somewhere for dinner... but what is the common etiquette about this? does my mom pay for the dinner or does he pay his own tab? i really don't know? what can i do to make this run smoothly?

i'm mostly anxious about my mom getting mad or pissed off at him somehow... i just want to be able to warn my bf sufficiently and help him out.

please help, the last time my mom disapproved of an ex of mine, she literally took my money out of my bank account and held it hostage and generally made my life at home miserable.

i do plan to move out when i get a job, but i don't know when i'll be exactly hired though i am searching as hard as i can...
>>
>>17242924
she doesn't have my bank account access anymore by the way, but i'm afraid she'll do equally drastic things to prevent me from being able to meet my boyfriend, like locking me out of my house. (which she has done before)
>>
>>17242924
bump please, i'm so nervous, i don't even know which restaurant to take us out to
>>
>>17242924
Tell him after he introduces himself to her to pull his dick out.
>>
>>17242924
Calm down. Realize that your mother does not control your life, you are an adult. Regardless of what happens, dating him is your choice.

Also: is there any reason why she would hate him? What is he like?
>>
>>17242924
Your mom is trying to look out for you. Your bf should be carrying enough to cover his and your expenses. No need to treat the whole family.

If it's to meet and talk why not coffee instead? Or just a regular chain restaurant with casual atmosphere would do.
>>
>>17243062
>>17243067

i just talked to my mom and she said she doesnt want to meet him and decided to cancel the whole thing after having a yelling episode at me
>>
>>17243175
all i asked my mom was to be polite to my boyfriend when he comes over, and she started asking me why i would say that and i tried to explain that i was nervous and started crying (i was stressed and nervous about some job interviews and stuff as well) and she started getting angry even though i tried to explain i was stressed about jobs as well and it all escalated from there.

she just shouted at me and told me to cancel everything
>>
>>17242924
lol damn opie. sorry yer mom's a piece of shit... thats a real bummer. i can understand it though. she probably doesn't want to meet someone she thinks will flake out of your life sooner or later. you'll just have to prove to her with time and patience that you guys are serious.
>>
>>17243187
Sounds like a horrible mother desu
>>
>>17243406
>>17243502

yeah. my boyfriend and i have been planning this for weeks. it was one of the only rare times he's able to come down for this visit due to his tight schedule. he was very excited, and now confused why i suddenly asked him to cancel last minute.

i can only expect my mom to continue the argument for the next week or so... when we get into a fight she just keeps dragging it out forever until she thinks its ok to drop it. so it's a pretty horrible night, and i can expect more to come until my mom forgets about it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.