[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23. I hate my life and the direction it's heading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: FFL-.jpg (315KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
FFL-.jpg
315KB, 1200x798px
I'm 23. I hate my life and the direction it's heading. How viable would it be for me to pack up my shit, buy a plane ticket to France and join the FFL and serve for 5 years?

Does anyone have any experience with that or can potentially offer some guidance or advice?
>>
>>17237971
You'd probably have to have lived in France for a while, American spy.
>>
>>17237975
Apparently that's not the case. You can simply have a visa or tourist via and still be able to enlist in the FFL
>>
>>17237994
You're 23, hate your life, and you're a skilled worker?
>>
It's possible, but you should be aware that the washout rate for recruits from North America and western Europe is over 95%. The only people who make it are from third world shitholes who literally have nothing to go back to.
>>
>>17238001

Not true, 1 out of 10 gets in and 1 in 5 desert.

To op,go ahead they are taking more recruits in this year because of terrorists so you might have a pretty good chance to get in.

Dont expect to go in any warzones though,its pretty quiet on that part and expect a lot of "military bullshit".

Only one way to find out i you have what it takes.
>>
>>17237971
>How viable would it be for me to pack up my shit, buy a plane ticket to France and join the FFL and serve for 5 years?
Why not serve in your own country's military?
>>
Join your own country's military.
>>
>>17237971
Dude the FFL is a shitty meme group. You're going to be fucking screamed at by crazy East European NCOs. Not fucking worth, especially since France is such a piece of shit country.
>>
>>17237971
Teach English overseas. Get paid, get drunk, get laid.
>>
>>17238085
Fuck off, Burger. Adults are talking.
>>
>>17238108
leling at anyone that thinks FFL is relevant
>>
>>17238108
I'm the other guy who suggested serving in OP's own country's military, but seriously, why not? The logistics would certainly be easier than getting to France to join the FFL, so why pick that route?
>>
>>17238108
"Adults" who want to run away to join the French Foreign Legion? An organization that you personally never heard of before seeing it in old Bugs Bunny cartoons?
>>
>>17238245
>An organization that you personally never heard of before seeing it in old Bugs Bunny cartoons?

>amerifats assume everyone only hears about the world from cartoons like they do

lel
>>
>>17237971
>I'm 23. I hate my life
Join ISIS.
You will start to love your live when you reach there.
>>
>>17237971
Learn french noob, you don't get orders in english

Also fuck the FFL, join your own military retard. Why do you want to go suck some frog's dick?
It literally is a meme
>>
Lol too much haters here. I'm french, i live in Gironde, and the FFL is one of the best army corps in the world. If you want to join them, you have to be a fucking colossus ...
Oh, when you join the FFL, your past is cleared.
>>
OP here, as for why I'm wanting to go overseas (I'm Amerifat btw) to France as opposed to joining my own...

As I said before I hate my life and just want out of it and this country. I know after 3 years you are able to apply for citizenship.

I suppose the allure of leaving all this behind, gaining a new identity is appealing to me
>>
I'm 23 also and I too hate my life.
>>
>>17237971
FFL is not a fucking glorious army.

For one, you need to learn French ASAP.
They will NOT speak any other language in training.
They tell you to do "Faire monter" and you don't do pushups that fucking second, they will beat you and have your fellow recruits fuck you in the ass in the showers.

The FFL is not friendly. It is hostile and will try to eject anyone who can't learn at lightspeed.
You can't learn fluent French in a month?
Fuck you, get the fuck out of the Legion.

There is zero handholding.
There is no second chances.
There is no help.

The French Foreign Legion is a meme world wide. So they have tons of applicants. They don't give a shit about rejecting someone who is "almost good".
If you're not immediately perfect, get fucked. Someone else will be.

If you really want military life, just enlist in your normal country's Forces.
They actually want retards there.
>>
>>17239545
So, if they're this bad ass, why does the country have a reputation of giving up so easily and being muslim b8?
>>
>>17239564
Because the FFL is overhyped.
>>
>>17239564
Wow, you need some history.

The French being cowards is a new American meme because they refused to back America in a (stupid) war against Iraq.

In reality, the French have always been fighters.

For one, they created America.
If the British were not fighting France and America were not receiving supplies from France, the American rebels would have lost.
Do Americans really think they could have won against Britain, the greatest empire on Earth at the time, alone?
The 1776 rebellion won because England chose to fight for Europe rather than the colonies.

Beyond that, France fought bitterly against the Germans in WW1.
They lost ground and gained ground.
For anyone who knows anything, WW1 was a shitshow for everyone involved.

When WW2 came around, the French had built the longest defensive line in the world. The Maginot Line was meant to rebel any Germans who should ever decide to cross the Rhine.
But the French never counted on the Germans being so cowardly to betray neutral Belgium and invade through the Northern French border.

But even then it did not end.

Sure, the Germans established a Vichy regime in France during the occupation, but the government fled to North Africa and people DuGalle planned a counter invasion.

Even within occupied Vichy France, the native people rose up in terrorist sects.
The Maquis are an example worldwide about how you should deal with an oppressive government.
They were a militia that were never caught. Never exterminated and were eventually victorious.
The Maquis should be damn well respected.

So this meme about the French being cowards is a disgrace to anyone who know history and anyone who has self-respect.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.