[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I had a friend for two years in highschool. We were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: clerks.jpg (9KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
clerks.jpg
9KB, 335x150px
Hey /adv/

I had a friend for two years in highschool. We were pretty close but eventually we parted ways. Since then I deleted my social media and have kept very much to myself. In my final year of college (2013) he phoned me saying we should meet up over Christmas, but I had to move homes and I also changed phones at the time and lost the few numbers I had. He was always a popular and outgoing guy and I assume he's doing well for himself, so it's not as if I "abandoned" him or anything.

I've found an old email address he once used in my inbox and was thinking of sending:

"Hey X, I'm not sure if you still use this email but I hope you're doing well. Anon"

Does this sound cringey?

Does it sound dramatic or something?

Does it seem like I'm being pathetic by contacting someone from years back, as if I need his help or something?

Do people move on and hate it when people from their past bug them like this?
>>
>>17237344
>Does this sound cringey?

no

>Does it sound dramatic or something?

no

>Does it seem like I'm being pathetic by contacting someone from years back, as if I need his help or something?

no

>Do people move on and hate it when people from their past bug them like this?

no
>>
It's not cringey. You might want to try a longer message though, something like:

"Hey X, long time no see! I'm not sure you're still using this email address, but if you do, I just wanted to say hi. If you wanna talk, now you know where to find me. Cheers."

It's not pathetic either really. People only truly wanna move on when there's problems. If he really wants to move on, he will ignore your email and do so, and you can move on too.
>>
>>17237344
I think you're overthinking it.

What you've got is fine. Maybe "Hey X, still using this email? I'm back in town, want to meet up at some point? Anon"

Also, cutting yourself off from social media often results in these kinds of situations. Bite the bullet and get a Facebook, add your friends. You don't need to post anything.
>>
>>17237353
>>17237369
What if he asks to meet up when I visit my hometown?

What if he finds out how pathetic my life is and tells a bunch of people who spread it around?

Some people had high hopes for me, or at least didn't know me all that much, and I'd hate for them to find out at last (not that they'd be all that interested) that I'm just a retard whose life stalled hard and who is consistently depressed.
>>
>>17237385
>What if he asks to meet up when I visit my hometown?

say yes or say you're not going for a while but you'll let him know (that's how you say no.)

>What if he finds out how pathetic my life is and tells a bunch of people who spread it around?

how narcissistic do you have to be to think people care enough about you to do that.
>>
>>17237393
It's not so much narcissism (maybe it is) but if he still hangs around with people from school I'd hate the idea of him saying "Oh yeah X emailed the other day, he's still an autistic weirdo.
>>
>>17237398
>>17237385
You might not realize, but right now the only one with such thinking is yourself. If you truly think you're pathetic, do change. If you think sending him an email is autistic, you probably have a few other problems, buddy.

It takes a lot to be truly pathetic. You almost have to actively try. Just look around and you might find people as "pathetic" as you, and no, I'm not talking about the internet.

So grow the fuck up, send that message and talk to him. If you give so much of a fuck about what this guy might think of you or possibly talk to others about, maybe he's right. So quit that shit and get on with it.
>>
>>17237353

There's nothing wrong with who you are as long as you're working to fix it. You past mistakes are in the past for a reason.

Forgive yourself and move forward. Hang out with this guy once, it could be that you two have both changed and have nothing in common; or it could be that you guys still click and it won;t matter to him what youre doing with your life as long as it doesn't affect him [i.e. if you're broke, don't mooch meals etc..not that you would].
>>
>>17237385

>guy clearly has a self-worth issue
>indicates being picked on or degraded
>lets call him names
>>
>>17237344

Describe to me your pathetic life. I want to see what you believe to be pathetic. [please]

This isn't going to be a slash and burn on your life, I'm just curious.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.