[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What options are there for someone who has failed out of university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: WouldSurf.jpg (291KB, 625x428px) Image search: [Google]
WouldSurf.jpg
291KB, 625x428px
What options are there for someone who has failed out of university?

I am terrible with my hands and feel no attraction for trade-schools.

What other options are there?

Is military a legitimate career path for someone who is practically a NEET?
>>
>>17237047
Military is legit. Trade school is a good choice, don't give me shit about having no attraction for it. Beggars can't be choosers. You have to do what you have to do to make money. What are your skills?
>>
>>17237061

Unless my interpretation of trade-schools is wrong, I feel like I legitimately could not do one. I have a form of dyspraxia which means I lack coordination and have severe trouble doing precise movements. I did metal work, woodwork, glass-work, ceramics, and all those things as electives in highschool. It was a miracle if I could go an entire class without somehow hurting myself or messing something up.

Skills? I've really no idea, man. I'm practically the quintessential skill-less NEET, sadly. I'm really not that smart or particularly skilled in anything.

Thinking military because of how structured it is. But relatives who've served (albeit as officers) always tell me how awful it was and how glad they are to be out.

I don't want to live off my parents anymore and going back to university really does not seem like the right path for me either.
>>
>>17237061

I feel really cheated in terms of my genetics, given how everyone in my family is either a doctor, a lawyer, or ex-officer, and I've failed out of university. I don't want to live my life with a chip on my shoulder and would love to do something that I can be passionate about and succeed in.

I'm already moderately fit from cycling a lot and am either going to join a gym or buy weights, so that I can work on improving my self-image.

Gave up taking cycling seriously as I wasn't comfortable being so thin but regret allowing myself to get so out-of-shape. I'm not fat, but I'm just not used to not being fit, haha.
>>
>>17237082
Well if you want to be a super janitor join the military you'll be scrubbing toilets and sweeping floors for 2 years and from what you say about yourself you'll probably be really slow at it an they'll kick you out
>>
>>17237094

That's what I fear. That even the military wouldn't take me.
>>
>>17237099
The military ain't the great thing everyone makes it out to be it fucking sucks unless you get an officer rank from the get go
>>
>>17237114

Yeahhh, I understand that. But I really don't know what other options I have.
>>
>>17237120
I thought of doing the same cause it's no resume bullshit it's just two years of your life an great money but I have no skills or education and I think college is a waste of time an money at least in my city, I just sit around playing games as my gf pays for everything
>>
>>17237139

In my country it is four years minimum and I know they are fairly selective about who can join. At least, I know of a few friends who were rejected.
>>
The combination of pay and benefits is pretty good, although the education benefit is kind of a scam.

If you have no moral qualms about killing whoever you're told to kill, then go for it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.