[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do if you are stressed as hell with no end in sight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 730x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 730x548px
What do you do if you are stressed as hell with no end in sight? How can you stay on top of it?
>>
give yourself breaks by working on your hobbies, exercising, or sleeping

you'll be happier and produce better work
>>
>>17235526
I try doing that, but it just adds to my stress cause i know i should (especially the exercise part). It ends up being more on my to-do list that never seems to shrink. Yesterday i just took time out for my hobby and jikes! Now i woke up in the middle of the night to get up and catch up with chores cause i was behind because i took some "me time". This sucks...
Sleeping isn't a problem. I get enough sleep. But i always feel guilty for going to bed early cause i could get more done if i sleep less. It's really annoying... I seem to have very high expectations on myself. But whenever i slack just a bit, everything starts adding up in NO time and is overwhelming me massively.
>>
>>17235507
>>17235540
It sound like you have deeper problems, probably starting with your parents/home situation. You are too hard on yourself, you should also learn to chill and let go. How old are you, and what do you do for living/what are you studying?
>>
>>17235609
Problem is that i feel like i have already reduced my responsibilities to thw bare minimum. I don't see what else i could ditch or priorize to make my life a bit more calm and relaxed. And knowing that it's not "calm and relaxed" is stressing me out even more cause i want it to be that way.
I'm 27. I work at a special need school and i always have loads of stuff i need to prepare and organize in my free time. There are also a lot of events i need to attend that are not inside my regular work schedule (like parents meetings or projects like a theater). That creates LOADS of stress cause i have a little son and everytime i have to work outside my schedule i have to organize wher HE can be in the meantime, and lately my family has not been supportive in the slightest, due to different reasons. Then there's the whole household, with a move coming up and i actually freak out if i think about all that needs to be done. On top of that, my dad is extremely lonely and guilt trips me badly if i don't take out enough time to spend with him (as soon as i start slacking in that department, he starts coming up with suicide shit). That's actuallly just the tip of the whole thing, and it's already overwhelming me. I wish i could just have a comfy day with my son, not worrying about "what needs to be done" all the time, rushing around like a maniac. It feels like all i ever do is rush
>>
>>17235665
Well, it seems that I was right in the parent/home department. Forgive me if I make assumptions but I belive that your parents fucked up you bad and now you have a lot of unwarranted guilt, need to be perfect and great, not giving you enough love (and then you feel guilty, because "they love me so much, I must be bad if I don't feel loved" bullshit), not showing you mental stability, teaching you instead to be way more stressed than you should (your father suicide shit).

I don't really know your situation but I would say that you should fuck your dad. If he is such a crybaby as to feel suicidal if his son doesn't spend time with him, chances are he made you that in first place, so you don't owe him shit. He already guilttripped you like hell throughout your childhood. You need to focus on yourself and stop trying to make everyone around you happy.
>>
>>17235507
I have a nice long cry. I'm being completely serious. I always feel better afterwards.
>>
Opiates.

Or exercise. Weight lifting.

At different times of my life they have been the only helpful things to my nasty anxiety.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.