[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only have one friend who actively tries to hang out with me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1454225743664.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1454225743664.png
6KB, 377x330px
I only have one friend who actively tries to hang out with me, all my other "friends" tend to avoid doing so by citing my strict home life (im 19) and having to jump through hoops just to get me out of the house, or straight up exclude me from all group activities. I've come to the general conclusion there that they dont want me around but are too pussy to tell it to my face. On top of this, I am feeling empty due to lack of women who I am so much as interested in.

My question is, how do I meet new people with an uber strict home life, and succeed at building a healthy social life?
>>
What's your home life like?
>>
>>17232190
I tend to keep to myself at home, I have a job I mean, its only really hard with getting out, parents are a bit overprotective and tend to find excuses to keep me home for whatever reason
>>
>>17232194
How is that so bad that it stops you from having a social life?
>>
>>17232194
to add onto this, I havent been able to compare my home life much to others, so I'm only really going off what I've been told by others, never asked how lightly others have it.

basically
>cant even say crap
>cant mess with brother
that sorta stuff is why I've been told I got it strict by others (besides the excuses for keeping me home), people tend to come here once and never want to come back if they go to my house
>>
>>17232208
parents do things like
>tell me to not hang out with certain people
>like to make little excuses about why I cant leave (we're having storms, on a sunny day was one notable excuse)
>require parents of freinds to call them first, else I cant leave
>keys are kept outta my reach despite being able to drive, unless im working that day
>>
shameless self bump
>>
does anyone here have any advice as what I can do here? at all?

Im really hoping to get some concrete advice here, really, I don't know what to do
>>
>>17232301
Move out.
>>
>>17232301
Other than move out, not really. Doesn't sound like your parents are going to let go any time soon, so the only thing you can do is remove yourself from that environment
>>
>>17232303
>>17232307
well, shit
>>
Yeah dude move out. Huge bummer but if you have a job that's all you can do. Parents are treating you like a child so until you can provide for yourself it looks like that will continue. Don't worry, it'll get better in the future when you are on your own. These years will not define your social life.
>>
>>17232324
when thats said and done though, how can I meet new people, thats another big snag here
>>
>>17232328
It will be hard at first but just try to talk to people, be nice and be yourself. If you don't want to friends with the people you currently know, since you said they are blowing you off, then for now just try to be better friends to the one that wants to hangout with you. One friend is better than none. I don't know what your job is but try to make friends at work if that's feasible. Just be on the lookout for nice people, talk to them, and friendships will develop naturally.
>>
What about talking and facing your parents in a mature way? Like telling them that you are old enough to deal with their shit.

Talk to them, i believe that will help a lot. And dont put any excuses, just do it!
>>
>>17232372
The big problem with that one friend is he recently moved, shouldve included it in my op, but it makes the situation a wee bit harder
>>
File: cancer.png (390KB, 546x546px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
390KB, 546x546px
>>17232184
the internet is a good start, so you are on the right track

I for one a a home life where I do not get out often too so I feel you

/soc/ is a good thread for that

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>17232391
tried that, didnt work really, just got the whole "we really care" lecture, didnt go anywhere after that
>>
>>17232397
The internet is basically my only way of social interaction outside of home/work, and at work I tend to put work first, so I dont really talk to people
>>
>>17232402

I insist though, try again, enough times so they listen. Act like its an important thing for you and let them know how their behaviour affects you personally.

I know it sounds like a broken record, but you need to talk to them, enough so they get it. My 2 cents.
>>
>>17232431
Since theyre in bed, I'll have to attempt again tomorrow.

I'll give it a go, if my thread is still up tomorrow I'll post results
>>
>>17232437
move out, dude. Go to college in another state.
>>
>>17232437
Just keep trying man. Don't let your parents control you. If you talk to them often enough and be persistent I'm sure you can see some change. Let them know how it affects you socially and emotionally. Maybe offer to pay the bills or something to gain some more freedom or ask what you need to do to have more freedom. Good luck!
>>
>>17232453
Completely agree with this. Good luck man!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.