[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it going from total isolation to being a normal functionable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 513x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 513x287px
How easy is it going from total isolation to being a normal functionable human being in society? I've been lucky avoiding outside world problems, for the most part I just stay in my house all day.. When I was 19 I somehow got the guts to go outside and look for a job and I did find one, but ended up qutting 2 days after, since then I've been to only one job interview but ended up not getting hired and I'm already 22, for the majority of my life I have remained isolated from everyone, I don't have any friends now because i stopped talking to the few people I knew. I think I'm gonna have to find a job now for personal reasons, but I've remained so isolated throughout the years that it scares the living shit out of me to go out and talk to anyone.
>>
>>17230303
It'll be a culture shock for you but it'll be fine after a few days/weeks, Now go get a job.
>>
>>17230311
Thanks for the contribution, and what do you mean by culture shock?
>>
>>17230303
>19
>22

Amateur.
>>
Just curious, what do you do in a normal day?
>>
>>17230341
Nothing, if surfing the internet is doing something then I guess you could consider that, but I'm not doing anything that benefits me at all. I either do something with my life right now, or I just let time pass by me, and each year time has passed by much faster.
>>
>>17230340
I'm >>17230311
I had no friends (I even cut off my family) from 12 to 19, I've also suffered from depression and extreme anxiety, I think I know what I'm talking about.
>>17230327
If you have anxiety or a distrust of humans it will be stressful and you'll be pushing your limits to what seems like the extreme, but like >>17230340 said, you really haven't been away from people for that long, you should have an easier time of this than most of the NEETs on this site.
>>
>>17230364
How long have you been doing the same routine every day? Did anything change during those years?
>>
The internet can be useful if used right, but it tends to breed bad habits. Especially with socialization. It makes you passive and a consumer, which is really bad for talking and relationships. You need to relearn how to contribute. Maybe use stuff like omegle to practice small talk. But irl socialization is pretty different and can't really be substituted.

It's gonna be hard.
>>
>>17230378
Pretty much ever since I got my first computer, which was when I was around 10 or 11, nothing too extreme has happened yet for me to be forced to do somehing else, my grandma did pass away last year but again, she lived with us but that's it.
>>
>>17230365
You're right, my case is probably not as bad as others here, I've passively attempted to change in the past but I haven't tried hard enough to face real struggle and overcome it.
>>
>>17230303
humans are pretty adaptable.
>>
>>17230407
Yeah I've let the internet ruin my life so far, I just don't understand how weak minded I was to have it ruin me. Most people my age are now graduating college or starting lives, meanwhile I've been stuck in the same place for many years.
>>
>>17230303
I wouldn't say it's easy, but if you make a point of going outside of your comfort zone a bit every day, you'll find your comfort zone expanding before you know it. If you do something outside your comfort zone and feel uncomfortable, that's fine, just remind yourself you'll be fine, and then when it's over with, make a point of saying to yourself "see, it turned out just fine" or "ok maybe it sucked this time but it'll be better next time." If it leaves you feeling completely overwhelmed, back off a bit and then try that particular thing again at a later date. If you're feeling fairly uncomfortable but not quite overwhelmed, then go for it, but have a contingency plan for what you can do if you get overloaded. Don't push yourself too fast, but also don't lie to yourself or make excuses for not trying. Not saying you do that, but it's easy to start doing that when things start getting harder.

This is what I've done and it's helped. If I were more consistent about it, it would help even more. Good luck OP
>>
>>17230480
Beating yourself up over it won't help. And in any case you're not ruined. Don't compare yourself to other people, it's pointless. You're not in their life, you're in yours.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.