[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get more life experience? Was with my first gf for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1403721553897.png (33KB, 452x689px) Image search: [Google]
1403721553897.png
33KB, 452x689px
How do I get more life experience?

Was with my first gf for about 7 months, after which we broke up because she said that I have no life experience. She's been in numerous relationships in the past. She can't talk to me about anything because I can't relate to it at all. Even more so, I don't actually do much in my life. Few hobbies, small circle of friends I hang out with a few times a month (different towns). So, I accepted the break up and we're still friends for the most part. Didn't hurt much because I understood that it was my fault it ended.

Is it as simple as just "going out and trying new things"? How do you just "meet new people"? I don't want to go to like, bars and clubs and shit. That isn't my scene at all and don't find them fun or pleasant, nor are the people that attend them the sort I'd associate with anyways.
>>
>>17230254
What kind of things did she try to talk to you about that you were. Ot able to relate to.
>>
>>17230257

Low level shit. How our day was, nostalgia ( we went to school together), video games, cooking, etc.

Nothing deep. Which I couldn't relate to. Nothing about relationship status, emotions, feelings. Nothing I'm passionate about, like a hobby or a life goal.
>>
>>17230270
Is that so much about life experience as it is about social skills? These seem like mundane, everyday topics.

How old are you and why haven't you discovered what it is that you want to do yet?
>>
>>17230278

I don't know why. Nothing interests me. I have a well paying job, but I don't do anything interesting because nothing interests me. I try things, I lose interest fast (despite gaining a level of proficiency), and drop them. However, I do have a well paying job, but I don't do anything outside of that job. I go to work, come home, repeat.

I'd say it's about Life Experience because I didn't do anything with my life all these years. I never gained a skill or hobby that I can enjoy. I simply work and come home and go to work, ocassionally hang oug with friends on the weekend in which cause I'm quite easily the life of the party. When I'm with my friends in a social setting, I pretty much know exactly what to say to get the entire group cracking up. I'm always the one getting the laughs from everyone. Witty, highly sociable. That's how my friends know me. But on a personal level, outside of that, I'm a complete 180 to that.

So there's nothing wrong with my social skills, per se. At least, I don't think so based on what I just described. The problem is when it gets more personal and emotional, I pretty much lose it.
>>
>>17230307
I'm guessing that you never played a sport or anything. Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do about that because it is the past. Find another person, and force yourself to talk about your feelings instead of shutting down.

I've been in a couple long term relationships, and each girl that spends their time with me can sense how difficult it is for me to talk about my feelings. Despite this, I still manage to make it work.

It's not about life experience. It's about having a connection. You must be able to communicate with your partner. If the issue here is unclear, then communication is your issue.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.