[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's 28, graduated college, has his life together, but he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2669.jpg (51KB, 460x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2669.jpg
51KB, 460x630px
He's 28, graduated college, has his life together, but he sometimes has a shitty tone and tends to be a know-it-all. I get that, I can deal with that.

The problem is, I'm only 20. I don't have a job and haven't started college yet. I don't have the money to pay the $145 enrollment fee and I can't afford cigarettes every day.

I'm afraid it's ruining us on my end because I can't take him out, I can't buy him anything, I can't even buy myself anything. I feel like I have nothing I can offer him in the relationship because I'm still immature, trying to grow, and trying to figure out what I want in life.

We've been talking since February, dating since early-mid May. I think I love him. But I'm terrified of saying it to him because I don't think he'd say it back and I think I'd scare him away.

We have lots of common interests, but that's not enough. How does one have a mature relationship? What are the components of one? How am I supposed to talk about our arguments and know what to do as an adult woman if I never know what to say or how to act?

I'm used to the tickle fights in relationships. I'm used to laughing and watching youtube videos of gamegrumps and vinesauce. I'm used to playing vidya together. But all of these things don't interest him. Am I wrong to date this guy? Am I too immature for him? What the fuck am I even doing, yo.
>>
>I want all the things that another 20 year old guy would have.
All your insecurities seem to come from your age gap. I'd suggest talking to him openly about what you're worried about. You might not get any answers from him, but it's a start.

A piece of unsolicited advice: Experience doesn't mean anything. You'll learn, in time, that nobody really knows what they're doing. Just because your husband is doing something doesn't mean that's what you need to be copying in your life in order to be "mature."

FYI my wife and I are 30 and we love to watch Vinny and old Game Grumps. Find someone who can grow up with you.
>>
>>17228571
He sounds like a standard guy his age.

Depending on his history with women, he may or may not just be wanting somebody to be there for him emotionally. Having a girlfriend who's employed and independent is nice, but I personally wouldn't put that in front of having somebody who is there for me, respects me, cares about me. Especially if the independent woman is cold, distant and uncaring in comparison. But that's me, and not him.

>We have lots of common interests, but that's not enough.
>I'm used to the tickle fights in relationships. I'm used to laughing and watching youtube videos of gamegrumps and vinesauce. I'm used to playing vidya together. But all of these things don't interest him.
Well you said you had a lot of interests earlier, so go with those. Typically you will not find a person who has absolutely everything in common with you. The issue could be him not wanting to explore things that you enjoy, and if that's something that turns you off too much you might have to leave. But bear in mind nobody is perfect, it's just deciding what you can handle and what you can't.
>>
>>17228589
These are great points.
I think I'm comparing this relationship with my last one (3 years long) too much. Last relationship died out because I was a shithead and the love fizzled out due to my fuck ups.
The relationship was awesome. But he wasn't as into me as I wanted.

>>17228596
Also wonderful points. I understand I can't have someone who's _everything_ I want, I just feel like when I watch gamegrumps, he has too much to say about how it's childish and I'm rotting my brain because I don't watch documentaries and NPR every day.

I'm still trying to grow every day. I feel so stupid sometimes though because he seems to know all this stuff that's "basic knowledge", and I'm just a clueless idiot. I'm there for him emotionally, he just doesn't trust me enough to lean on me for support, I think.
>>
>>17228571
You'd do well to be real careful with believing that you love someone this early in a relationship. i wouldn't worry too much about how much you bring to the relationship. If you're meant to be, he won't care either. As the anon above stated, communicate your feelings. If that doesnt work, I'd be very very skeptical as to how long your relationship will last.
The advice my grandpa gave to my mother and all his grandchildren is to marry your best friend. Find someone you love to spend time with doing the things you love
>>
>>17228617
>he has too much to say about how it's childish and I'm rotting my brain because I don't watch documentaries and NPR every day.
He's a boring piece of shit, then. Being an adult and enjoying childish bullshit isn't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>17228617
An Iron Rule of relationships for me is to assume that whatever qualities a person has before I get with them, especially if they're qualities I don't like that much, those qualities will be there to stay.

In the instance of your BF it's his criticism of your interests, which probably has to do with his general demeanor. You can stay with him, and live with it, or leave and find somebody better for you. Things can be worked on, but don't assume they can, just like you wouldn't try to finance a car you know you can't make payments on now because you hope you'll get a better job and be able to afford it in the future.

I haven't had a real girlfriend in a while now, but most girls I meet end up turning me off because they think ill of my passions. Or I get that impression based on the negative, dismissive remarks they make about them, so I'm aware of how you feel. Personally, I don't think you have to have everything in common but, it really helps when somebody is open to your interests and respects them, to put it that way.
>>
>>17228629
That's another reason why I won't tell him I love him. I can't be sure whether I love him as a human being or if I'm in love with him. Fairly certain it's the former and my brain is high on dopamine and confusing it for being in love.
I basically live with him. Tonight is the first night I've been home for a whole evening in three weeks.

>>17228636
I can't say I took the time to get to know him super well before we got into a relationship, so that's on me. I met him once a year and a half ago with my boyfriend at that time, had a giant crush on him. Saw him again on my own two months later for an anime night at his place, never spoke more than a few sentences with him that night. Then a year later, I asked him if he wanted to hang out and draw together. Slept with him that night, then we started talking and regularly sleeping together. We rushed into this and did it all fucked up. So that's a factor.
>>
>>17228652
I'm not sure it was rushed. There's no definitive timelines on relationships. However it's important to vet for crucial things and not just overlook issues, red flags or signs of incompatibility, but this is precisely what people do when they see someone they like.

Speaking of, exactly why did you like him so much anyways?
>>
>>17228735
Honestly, when I first met him, he was the only person who has ever actually encouraged my dream instead of telling me my dream is garbage. Plus I saw his apartment the first day and saw so much of him in his bookshelves and on his walls that I just fell for him.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.