[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be starting a band soon, will be the only guitarist there.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1460578850754.jpg (81KB, 669x573px) Image search: [Google]
1460578850754.jpg
81KB, 669x573px
Gonna be starting a band soon, will be the only guitarist there. We have no vocalist, and I might be the lead vocals as well.

1. How do I improve my singing? I don't feel like it's bad, I think it's around average/a bit above average, but I sound like shit compared to Alex Turner, Thom Yorke, Dave Grohl, or Matthew Bellamy. How do I improve my voice to be really good?

2. How do I think of lyrics? All of the lyrics I think of are either 3edgy5me or too melodramatic for an Ed Sheeran song. Is it necessary to get knocked up to think of non-shitty and good lyrics?

Thanks faggots.
>>
>I sound like shit compared to... Thom Yorke
You've set the bar pretty low for yourself. Practice crying into the mic and add some echo to it.
>>
>>17228524
lmao nice1 i kekd
>>
>1. How do I improve my singing? I don't feel like it's bad, I think it's around average/a bit above average, but I sound like shit compared to Alex Turner, Thom Yorke, Dave Grohl, or Matthew Bellamy. How do I improve my voice to be really good?

The same way anyone else does, find some way of learning. I can't contain the amount of knowledge you would need to learn in this post. Find a teacher, or watch some videos online, something like that. Practice a lot. Recognize that your voice is an instrument as well, and should have some melody that's reasonably distinct from the rest of the instrumentation. That means rhythmically just as much as it means melodically. Also, if you're gonna have idols, have better ones.

>2. How do I think of lyrics? All of the lyrics I think of are either 3edgy5me or too melodramatic for an Ed Sheeran song. Is it necessary to get knocked up to think of non-shitty and good lyrics?

A good way to start is to maintain an objective tone. Rather than just having a three minute political rant with guitars over it, go into detail about a setting that shows some problem or larger societal issue you see. And rather jerking off about your sadness and depression, describe some situation that may make one depressed/uncomfortable. Lou Reed was a shitty singer for the most part, but if there was one thing he was good at it was lyrics. Heroin for example doesn't mention sadness at all, and it's not even told from the perspective of the singer, but at the same time it's incredibly somber. If you want to go beyond that into sung poetry, start reading a shitton.
>>
File: 1460243470296.jpg (44KB, 649x387px) Image search: [Google]
1460243470296.jpg
44KB, 649x387px
>>17228567
Thanks for the informative post, that helped me go in the right direction. I have a few questions though.

>Also, if you're gonna have idols, have better ones.
This isn't a question but what's wrong with mine? I admit Dave and Thom aren't exactly good (like the first post pointed out) but I really dig Alex and Matt's singing in their respective band.
>If you want to go beyond that into sung poetry, start reading a shitton.
Where do I start? I've despised poetry ever since I was young, because I never saw a point to it.
>>
File: 1460673728759.jpg (55KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460673728759.jpg
55KB, 401x400px
1)don't try to emulate any other singer, you'l just sound like a shitty version of them. How alex turner, thom york, etc sound shouldn't be how you measure your signing. A lot of professional get vocal training, it can do a lot for you if you have that option. If not, Keep practicing different songs to further your vocal training, and it will get better with time. If you keep it up, in a year you be surprised at how much better you sound in comparison.

2) Lyrics can be a pain in the ass to write without proper motivation, i often go through 30 or 40 songs to find 10 solid ones. Again practice is key here, the more you write the better you will be(not 3edgy5me). It's important to take advantage of any thought clouds of lyrics or a song concept you have, and expand on it. writing lyrics for me is just take thought clouds or inklings of how i feel about a certain person/situation and running with it. Just don't get too emo with it, or throw yourself a pity party via song.

good luck anon, you'l kill it
>>
>>17228625
>This isn't a question but what's wrong with mine? I admit Dave and Thom aren't exactly good (like the first post pointed out) but I really dig Alex and Matt's singing in their respective band.
Alex and Matt are alright. It was specifically Thom I thought was a weird choice. But that's all personal taste, I guess.

>Where do I start? I've despised poetry ever since I was young, because I never saw a point to it.
Then you might not want to do sung poetry. If you do, just start reading some famous author. They usually have at least average prose. Go on from there.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.