[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have really bad anxiety and my boyfriend pushes me to do things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have really bad anxiety and my boyfriend pushes me to do things that increase my anxiety.

He doesn't understand and thinks I am being difficult.

I don't know what to do. I am pretty sure he is starting to hate me.
>>
you guys do not sound compatible. try explaining to him how serious it is to you. if he doesn't even try to understand that, he isn't gonna be good for you.
>>
What does he pushes you to do?
>>
>>17214650
He wants to go to a new restaurant that just opened in town. I can't do it yet because it will be so new and busy and outside my comfort zone. It's so selfish, I know. I just can't do it.
>>
>>17214656
If you are panicking from crowded places, that's a medical condition. See a therapist and sorry it out.
>>
>>17214656

That's a pretty normal couples activity, it's not like he only wants to go to push you. It really sounds like you need to get help for this if it's affecting your life this much. Otherwise you're just forcing him to live as if he's got anxiety too, which is just as unfair as him trying to make you live as if you don't have anxiety.
>>
>>17214656
Nobody would care about fucking you. :3
>>
>>17214656

Just making some ridiculous assumptions here, but I suspect you are a fairly young women that doesn't actually have particularly bad anxiety issues.

My evidence being that you refer to this as your bf pushing outside of your comfort zone
and your bf doesn't realize how bad your anxiety is. It also sounds like you haven't sought out serious professional help.

I've been around people with serious anxiety disorders and making them do something that caused them real anxiety would result in a fucking breakdown. Not just a bit of discomfort.

If you are in fact a shy 19-year-old then you do kind of have to suck it up and expose yourself to situations like a busy restaurant, because you need to get over this to function in society and exposure is one of the most simple ways to do it. It's easy to be lazy and let feelings of anxiety stop you from doing things because you have to put in the effort to manage your feelings. You can't ask someone to be in a relationship with you though, if you can't be bothered putting in any efforts to deal with your problems.

Equally if you do have "really bad anxiety" then go see a fucking doctor and get some propranolol.
>>
Don't see a problem with not being good with big crowds. Occasionally you should get to veto his choice of a crowded restaurant in lieu of one a little less populated.

Or you guys just aren't compatible and you should date someone slightly more shut in.
>>
>>17214656
I wouldn't say wanting to goto a new restaurant is "pushing" you.

Seek help, its not like hes trying to get you to rob a bank with him
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.