[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend spends all of her money on stuff she doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1452583748707.jpg (790KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452583748707.jpg
790KB, 1920x1080px
My girlfriend spends all of her money on stuff she doesn't need (figures, collectionables, ..) and then complains on how she's broke.

While I think it's a waste of money, it does help her deal with her anxiety I guess. But it's getting a bit out of hand. Her bedroom is borderline a hoarder's bedroom and she can't stop buying shit.

I tried to tell her once she should save up, which she does, but all of the money that doesn't go into savings is spent on shit she doesn't need.

I feel it's none of my business -BUT - I'm a little worried that her collection will turn into hoarding.
>>
>>17207309
That's nasty and gross man does she even keep the figures clean?
>>
>>17207325
Oh ya and hoarding is an emotional and form of OCD, the emotional part is she's filling a void that's there so she's lonely? You tell her not to do one thing and she does it, why? For your attention. This is where the mild OCD comes into play.
>>
>>17207325
You know what. She does not. Never thought about it.

>>17207331
She does have OCD but I didn't know hoarding WAS part of it. It explains a lot. She is pretty lonely aside from me and a couple of friends she has (tho she usually prefers to be alone herself)
>>
Anxiety is a meme condition. It's what lazy people use as an excuse not to fix real issues. Your girlfriend is a retard who buys useless shit. That has nothing to do with being anxious.
>>
>>17207359
>anxiety isn't real
>says her problem doesnt' fit in anxiety

choose one
>>
>>17207359
>retard
I think you should educate yourself on that word
>>
>>17207309
i cant remember the artists name but he said something about people like this. he said they like to collect figure, and collectables because it makes them feel like they are creating their own world. im dont really believe this myself but i guess its something to consider.

i think buying figure is a waste of money. sounds like your gf needs a proper hobby.
>>
>>17207389
well I like having figures. They're very pretty.
>>
>>17207387
Not that guy but to be honest anxiety is a meme condition. Saying you buy shit to ease your anxiety is just a fancy way of saying 'I distract myself so I don't feel so anxious'. Anxiety is an uncontrollable reaction to a situation, like a fear almost. It's not the same as feeling uneasy or unsure about something - that's normal. OPs girlfriend doesn't have anxiety, she's got something else going on. So in a sense, she is just buying shit for the sake of buying shit.
>>
>>17207399
All girls do that. Wether it be clothes, make up, food, toys, alcohol, concert tickets. Heck all these sort into hobbies right?
>>
>>17207399
People have anxiety attacks man. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean no one else does. People are capable of feeling anxiety regardless of situation, if there is even one.

>>17207403
I never thought about that. You're right
>>
>>17207394
are you obsessed with them though? i like having the odd figure on my self because it looks cool but i wouldent have more than a couple in my room.
>>
>>17207309

It's your business in that if it bothers you so much you can leave. You don't have to put up with anything but realise she might not stop at request.
>>
File: 1328327258391s.jpg (2KB, 126x103px) Image search: [Google]
1328327258391s.jpg
2KB, 126x103px
>>17207399
>anxiety is a meme condition
>Anxiety is an uncontrollable reaction
>>
>>17207515

Not OP.

"Anxiety" is a meme condition, as in when someone casually mentions it or goes out of the way to let you know.

Real anxiety isn't anything that you're proud to talk about.
>>
>>17207517
shut the fuck up with your 4chin buzzwords. Meme condition. How sad do you have to be to think your opinion is relevant.
>>
>>17207523
I'd like to offer a witty rebuttal, but your stupidity has left me lost for words.
>>
>>17207523

Jesus fucking christ. I'm not even the person that said that in the first place but I knew what he was fucking getting at.

Haha "How sad do you have to be to think your opinion is relevant" are you kidding me?
>>
>>17207531
i guess u have a meme condition too :\ since i find u retarded, and retardation is a made up word
>>
>>17207538
>emoticons
>>
>>17207517
>Real anxiety isn't anything that you're proud to talk about.

People probably don't want to talk about it because assholes will tell them that talking about it proves it isn't real.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.