[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is guys having long hair "just a phase" or you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: image%3A402410.jpg (174KB, 1200x889px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A402410.jpg
174KB, 1200x889px
Is guys having long hair "just a phase" or you can be a mature adult with it?
Talking about heterosexual cis-males.

Long hair is too attractive (in real life of course)
>>
Depends how long.
>>
>>17203314
Like longer than chest-long. To the waist or hips.
>>
what is a phase about it? hair grows, cutting it is the strange thing to do.
>>
>>17203316
Long hair needs good care, cutting it is easier.
>>
File: hm.jpg (17KB, 179x260px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
17KB, 179x260px
You can pull it off. Deff not impossible. Pic related is a good example.

Just remember that it's all a meme, Anon.
>>
How much guys cut their hair after growing up?
A girl is asking.
>>
>>17203312
Dunmo yet, i have long hair a d I've been growing it for years now

I grew fond of it and the only reason id cut it now is to donate hair for cancer patients or something

Girls like playing with it too

>>17203327
Im retarded when it comes to it but the tips should be cut every now and then
>>
It depends entirely on the kind of person you are and who you associate with.

"Mature adult" is vague as fuck, be more specific.
>>
>>17203315
Even for a girl I would say that is strangely long
>>
>>17203348
What if some guys grow hair to feel like rockstars or to get attention? When they settle and don't want to be rockstars anymore they may cut their hair.
>>
>>17203359

Dude I know metalheads who are in their 60s and despite being well adjusted and functioning adults they still have long ass hair.
>>
They say

They can wear anything

So hair
>>
>>17203312
Bump, I am also interested

Current GF been insisting on me doing the soccer-player looks with medium hard + hairband and later just letting it grow.

Problem is that I don't have the soccer player body to go with it and I am the "definition" of an average adult male, so hard to figure what to do.
>>
>>17203400
typo: medium HAIR (length)
>>
>>17203400
Op here, a gf wanting you to change looks is a bit off.
>>
>>17203400
That kinda sounds like a red flag. None of my girlfriends insisted on a look change, some of the have suggested clothes but.. I would just keep doing what makes you happy OP.
>>
>>17203413
>>17203436

no no, she is not insisting on a look change, I told her myself that I had long hair, that I like long hair and that I had plans for long hair when I get past the 40s or 50s and give no fuck about anything anymore.

She is just lobbying to it much earlier.
>>
>>17203312
>>17203315
I'm a 22 y/o guy and not into men in the slightest.

My hair was more than halfway down my back (would have been further if straightened) until like 2 months ago when I started trimming it. Even now though, still almost halfway down if I brush it out enough.

Although I am considering cutting it all off since I haven't got a REAL haircut since like 7th grade.
>>
>>17203455
>she is not insisting on a look change,
>>17203400
>been insisting on me

Extremely poor choice of words, sorry.

She has been "lobbying", not insisting. And the original idea was actually mine.
>>
>heterosexual cis-males
>"Cis-" prefix

Are you sure you are asking advice in the right place?
>>
A lot of guys experiment with their hair at one point in their lives.

Some guy I know went from normal, average short male hair to blue manbun, then back to normal. lel
>>
>>17203468
Is cis- a joke antonym to trans- as in chemistry?
Otherwise I shouldn't have used a word I don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>17203485

What do you mean? Most people that use the term "Cis" in my opinion, come to 4chan, not for help but to complain.
>>
>>17203490
Sorry then, I meant not-trans men or women in my opening post.
>>
>>17203496

It is alright. I am thinking I should have been a bit nicer, my bad.
>>
My husband has mid-back length hair and is a supervisor at USPS. He wears it in a manly bun at work.No one gives him shit about it.

The "mature adult" thing is kind of a misnomer. Does he check all the major "adult" boxes off? Yes. But he also watches anime, plays video games and D&D, and dresses like it's 2005 and he fell into a clearance bin at Hot Topic in his time off.

Wear your hair long if you want. Some professions will make that choice harder than others, but that's literally the only potential problem you're going to run into.
>>
>>17203312
>Is guys having long hair "just a phase" or you can be a mature adult with it?
You CAN be a mature adult with it -I am- but there is a catch. It has to be clear that you are not just neglecting it. This, in turn, requires good grooming and hygeine practices. You can't just say "I don't give a fuck" and it can't just look like you do. Long hair is tough to take care of, but you have to put in the time and effort, or it won't work for you.

Are you prepared to do that?
>>
I see long hair on men like visible tattoos or piercings, to each their own and I certainly don't judge people based on appearance but you have to realize that a lot of people will judge you for it - you'd fit better into a metal band than, say, an investment bank - but in the end it comes down to personal preference.
>>
All the hipsters in this thread need to get haircuts.
It looks stupid.
>>
i swear that's what happens when you stay on 4chan.

these people make you think natural human shit like growing hair is immature or wierd or some shit.
>>
>>17203789
>manly
>bun

Lol. Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>>17203327
I had a ponytail pretty much down to my ass all through highschool but I cut it when I went to college and now keep my hair essentially buzzed. Actually had nothing to do with maturity, one day during winter my hair dryer broke and I didn't want my hair to be frozen all day so I said fuck it and just buzzed it off. Just felt way better honestly.
>>
>Be guy
>Have fro
>Everyone but redneck faggots love my hair
>Women love to run their fingers through it

It isn't a big deal but I know I'll have to cut it for the service.
>>
I used to have long hair, below my shoulders. I was 21 and in a stoner-rocker-hippy-partyboy phase. I got a crazy emo girlfriend who absolutely loved it. As she was in the process of breaking up with me I realized she would fangirl over all sorts of fantasy actor faggots with long hair and I cut it all off to not look like her "type". These days I have tattoos and a pierced ear but I wear mostly plain dark clothes and have a short undercut and I get laid waaay more
>>
>>17204989
How do you take care of it? How do you cut it?
>>
I have really thick hair that in high school I would let grow out to about my chin. Despite putting in no effort, my hair was always soft and shiny and girls would either mire or be jelly.

Then I joined the military for the college money and I've still got 1.5 years before I can grow it out again. I fucking miss having long hair and walking outside on a windy day. It felt liberating.
>>
I couldn't get a good job with my hair so I cut it off.
>>
>>17205389
Fucking beta.
>>
File: sfgsoudfgsuibvh.jpg (50KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sfgsoudfgsuibvh.jpg
50KB, 500x281px
>>17203312
>tumblr terminology
>>
I seesaw between short and shoulder length. I like it both ways, and I tend to shave it in summer, but I have kinda defaulted to letting my girlfriend choose simply because I am cool with everything and she had to look at it every day. As long as she doesn't tell me to go bald, I'm happy.
>>
>>17205395
I guess. I'm 30 and don't want to die of poverty
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.