[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have a very verbally and physically abusive ex-boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1446450729865.jpg (141KB, 999x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1446450729865.jpg
141KB, 999x1254px
So, I have a very verbally and physically abusive ex-boyfriend (he hit me a couple times in the past so I left him) who wouldn't stop calling and texting me when I told him we're done. He even came around my job (and still sometimes does) several times.

Since then when it was a common thing, I moved to a new apartment and only told people the address if I trusted them. Yesterday I get another text from him asking how life is going. Tonight my neighbor said that some man (who roughly matched his description) knocked on my door and waited a bit while I was at work. I'm starting to get very scared -- I've told him MANY times verbally in person, over the phone, and in text that I don't want to see or talk to him anymore.

I have a gun and I don't know when it's legally safe to draw it. I'm afraid he's going to show up on my doorstep soon, and if he does, I want him to know I have a firearm and that I'm ready to use it. If anything happens, I want to be able to draw my gun and maybe call the police while I make him wait. What EXACTLY constitutes drawing my gun at my door?
>>
>>17195176
>I have a gun and I don't know when it's legally safe to draw it.
Merica, fuck yeah.
>>
>>17195176
Look up your local laws, be it state, or otherwise.

If you have the option, have a friend sleepover, or spend the night with them.
>>
Also, I'm in California.

>>17195181
Obviously I know I can draw and fire if I feel like my life is being threatened, but I'm asking how far I can push those definitions -- I definitely feel very threatened by him, especially if he's going to show up at my new place that he shouldn't even know about. I don't know if I can draw my gun in the situation that he's at my door, I ask him to leave, and he doesn't.

Also, fuck you. Why are you on /adv/ if all you want to do is spam?
>>
>>17195195
>I don't know if I can draw my gun in the situation that he's at my door,
you cant on that one

have you called the cops on him before for hitting you? if theres a record on that then if he gets close to you, you can tell him to not do it, if he ignores it then youre free to go. then you can claim it was self defense because of what has happened before.
>>
>>17195221
>have you called the cops on him before for hitting you?

Unfortunately, no. I wanted to try and take care of it myself by leaving, but I didn't realize that he would be this way. I think I'm going to file a police report.

> you can tell him to not do it, if he ignores it then youre free to go
What if I open the door, he's standing there, I tell him to leave and he doesn't? Does that constitute drawing my weapon?

I know that this goes against the idea of only drawing if you have the distinct intent to kill, but the law does allow you to draw if you feel like your life is being threatened. You can draw and aim, tell them to get on the ground and wait for cops to arrive. I just want to know if I can do this without him attacking me or assuming a threatening stance. I don't want to shoot him. I would if I had to, but I don't want to.
>>
kind of tangential, but...

give us some info about the firearm, OP. what model is it? what caliber? how confident are you in your ability to use it?

you should be aware that, if push comes to shove, you may very well have to shoot that fucker... and there's a good chance that it won't do what you think it will. hell, there's a thread going on over at /k/ right now about how easily a lot of people are able to stay up or run after getting shot.

i just don't want you getting fucking murdered after grazing a dude with a couple of 22 LR or .380 rounds.

more on topic: call your local police station and ask these questions. they will be able to answer you much more reliably than we can.
>>
File: 1350193281178.png (211KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1350193281178.png
211KB, 1680x1050px
You need to check carefully with your state laws. Some places you can shove the noisy end of a barret .50 up their left nostril just for looking at you and everything is fine and dandy, other places if the wind blows in a certain direction and presses your shirt up against the pistol in your waistbelt in a way as someone can see a vague outline of it ("printing") that's an offense called brandishing, for which you can go to jail.

Some states have what's called a "duty to retreat" which is fairly self explanatory - even if someone is in your house with intent to harm you you're obliged to try and flee your own property before using force. Other states have something called "castle doctrine", which means if someone's stood on your front stoop you can put half a dozen new breathing holes in his chest and the cops will just come and take the body away no questions asked.

You need to practice with your weapon. A lot. Practice until you can load it, fire it and clear malfucntions with your eyes closed. Doing something in a relaxed envirmoent with all the time in the world is very, very different from doing it when you've gone from "asleep" to "about to be murdered" in seven seconds.

Make sure your weapon and ammunition are up to the job. Use a gun that fires every time - all skill is in vain when an angel pisses in the flinlock of your musket. If your gun isn't chambered in 9mm or, better still .45ACP, throw it out and buy one that is. For ammunition, use +p+ or +p if it won't take the former, and always use bonded JHP's. They give the highest energy transfer to target and also the lowest overpenertration, so you don't kill your neighbours kids when you miss.

Lastly, shooting to wound is a hollywood meme. You probably can't aim that well on the range, and you cartainly can't under pressure. Always and only shoot to kill. If he lives you might find yourself paying millions in compensation, if he dies the judge only hears your side of the story. Dead men tell no tales.
>>
Fuck it. If he shows up, just shoot him in the knees.

Tell him the next one goes in the spine. His choice gets to be;
>Crippled.
>Really crippled.

I'd say wait at home, and when he knocks, shout through the door telling him to go away. Don't respond to him after that.
Fucking psycho like that will probably be angry that you're "disrespecting" him and try to break in.

Then you get to shoot him.

Also, have a fuck buddy there with you - once you fuck his legs up, make him watch you ride your fuck buddy.

Not tryin' to be edgy, not even a man-hates (I am a man) but I've dealt with people like this before. They literally believe they have a "right" to do whatever they want to other people, and get angry when they fight back. The more you fuck him up, the better.
>>
>>17195431
>give us some info about the firearm, OP. what model is it? what caliber?
It's a 40 caliber Smith and Wesson M&P shield. It's my first gun, but I've put about 1,200 rounds through it at the gun range. I feel like I've broken it in and gotten very used to it.

Thanks for the input

>>17195453
>You need to check carefully with your state laws.
How exactly should I word this? What I want to know is when I can actually draw my firearm on someone who's standing at my front door. Also if I'll get in trouble for just drawing it and not shooting it (using it to deter rather than to actually shoot).

>>17195465
I really don't want to shoot him, but you've given me a great idea as to how I can deal with the situation from the get go. Thank you for your advice!
>>
>>17195176
It is called stalking, it is against the law, and after warning him one more time you can get an injunction forbidding him from coming near you or contacting you. If he does, he goes straight to jail, without a trial.

Talk to the police.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.