[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not interested in marriage, or partying much However;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 220x200px
I'm not interested in marriage, or partying much

However; I'm curious as to what the point of a stag or stagette is.
I have only been recently introduced to the idea and it seems pointless.

Isn't a marriage a celebration enough? Isn't getting strippers the opposite of what a marriage is about? I have only heard stories of disrespect and would like to hear opinions, stories and reasoning.

Cheers!
>>
>>17194558
>Isn't getting strippers the opposite of what a marriage is about?
That level of commitment can only be justified by first getting all of the cheating out of your system.

Just kidding, it seems to me like an easy way to set yourself up for regret of your commitment. I wonder if there is any correlation between stags/stagnettes and cheating or divorce.
>>
>>17194577
Yeah I agree. It just seems so negative and like a huge contradiction.
>>
I didn't have a bachelorette party since I eloped but I wanted one. It's more of a last hoorah between friends. Before I got married I could stay out late and randomly go visit my best friend out of state but once I got married I wanted to spend 99% of my time with my husband. My best friend is still my best friend but I can't up and leave my family to go see her on a whim.
>>
>>17194650
Shouldn't you be spending all your time with your partner anyways?

I mean- I feel like this is an excuse. You can hooray with friends whenever you want. You're an adult.
>>
A bachelor party is one final hurrah, one final night of debauchery before a lifetime (or rather 10 years, on average) of marital mediocrity :)
>>
>>17194656
You're on to something. In a proper marriage based on trust and mutual respect, you'd think that both people could do whatever they wanted to because they are adults

But a bachelor party is an antiquated thing that came from the assumption that once you're married, happy fun times are over and it's time to be a family man
>>
>>17194650
You've misunderstood. This post is about having sex at said party. Having "a party" at all is a completely separate issue.
>>
>>17194656
I do spend all my time with my husband. He's an amazing man who I love dearly. But there are some things that I just need a girl for, just like there are things he just needs a dude for. I mean honestly, can you imagine spending 24/7 with the same person?

And hooraying with friends isn't always that easy. Before I got married I lived on my own and could leave my apartment whenever the hell I wanted. I loved doing midnight Walmart trips and getting some French fries at McDonalds on my way home. Now that I'm married I'm not going to do that. Yes, I am an adult and can do as I please but I also respect my husband and our family. He works early shifts so I'm not going to wake up the baby and turn the obnoxious alarm off and open the garage to get some fries at 3am.
>>
>>17194692
I dunno; I think this is unrealistic. Being an adult is doing whatever you want to do. Is go to McDonald's past midnight married or not.

I don't understand why you're dictating your life with pre and post "marriage"

If you want to choose to do these things and to have marriage as a device for control; isn't a stag/stagette opposite of that and its core values?
>>
>>17194692
Wow enjoy your lonely life being "happy". No wonder why you wanted a stagette you troglodyte cunt
>>
>>17194705
You bring up a good point about an adult doing whatever they want to do but in a marriage it isn't single sided. I can promise you if I got up and left right now my husband would be worried sick about me especially if I didn't tell him. And if I did tell him he would still be worried sick because it's 2 am and it's raining on Memorial Day weekend and there are a lot of drunk drivers out right now. Yes, as a grown adult I CAN leave but I won't, like I said, out of respect for my husband.

Marriage isn't a device of control, it's learning how to coexist with someone else. It's bringing two separate people and joining them into one. A bachelorette party is your last chance of being a separate person. It's accepting that in a few days you will be joined with someone. It's embracing the new chapter in your life. I think they are great, but feel people abuse them. Just like you, I don't feel that strippers and hookers and the whole caboodle should be part of the hoorah.
>>
>>17194711
I am enjoying my life! I love being married, it's so great! I really hope you are able to find someone to share your life with!
>>
File: 1464492548080.jpg (92KB, 422x594px) Image search: [Google]
1464492548080.jpg
92KB, 422x594px
>>17194692
>I loved doing midnight Walmart trips and getting some French fries at McDonalds on my way home
>>
>>17194716
This sounds like a bad relationship. It sounds like you couldn't coexist before; because honestly- any marriage wouldn't change that.

Were you still living together before marriage? Could you spend time with your friends? Why not do these dubbed "irresponsible" things WITH your husband?

I'm going to have to agree with mean anon- you don't sound happy, fulfilled and your life sounds rather controlled.
>>
>>17194720
Me and my girlfriend are going to Egypt, seeing our friends whenever we want and not worried about disrespecting each other because we're not concerned about doing the wrong thing; like throwing childish parties "for the last time"; because we have fun and love each other.
>>
>>17194722
It's always interesting to see how others view a relationship.

Ours is actually quite amazing. We did, indeed, live together before we got married. He actually bought me a house before we were married too! I spend lots of time with my friends and so does he! We even try to hook up our single friends. And of course I do these "irresponsible" things with my husband, just not as often as I was before living together.

Example, my husband is a triathlete and I'm a marathon runner. Our training never matches up and he prefers morning workouts whereas I prefer evening workouts. In 3 hours he will wake up and do his workout. I can wake him up right now and convince him to come to Walmart with me but that's mean. He has to wake up soon. He needs his sleep.
>>
>>17194726

That's really great! But why do you assume that all bachelorette or bachelor parties are bad? Not all of them include hookers and blow.
>>
I think if you're assuming you won't be able to "have fun" when you're married, you aren't marrying the right person
>>
>>17194743
>Not all of them include hookers and blow.
Again, that's what fucking OP made it clear he was talking about, and you've been derailing the thread single-handedly. So I have no clue why you are surprised to be misunderstood.
>>
>>17194786
Why are you so angry? Chill homie, let it go.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.