[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/. Currently running a VPN (private internet access)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: firefox.png (361KB, 1233x1176px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
361KB, 1233x1176px
Hello /adv/.

Currently running a VPN (private internet access) on a Windows 10 machine w/ Spybot Anti-Beacon installed and got Tails on a USB despite me only using W10.
Using DuckDuckGo on Mozilla firefox with the following extensions Decentraleyes, Disable WebRTC, HTTPS Everywhere, JS Switcher, NoScript, uBlock Origin and WOT.
All the history and cookies are erased per session on firefox, and for emails and uploading photos I use POMF and fake email generator.

Any other tips that could make my anonymity better?
>>
Uhh... Use Tails?
>>
>>17194359
Just to be precise: You're not anonymous with your setup. You just erased *some* (because I actually don't know the amount of information is spread while a person is using a browser) of your data which where created while using your browser. That means, only the data which were on your harddrive are deleted, but if someone else logged the data of a webpage which you have visited, it's still there, as long as the person of the webpage deleted it.
For example: If you illegally share something in file sharing network and some company founds out and wants to sue you, they don't even need your data. They could also have logged on their site and have data needed data.

So, a VPN can help you, as long as you can trust the company which offers the service. using Tails/Tor can also help to obfuscate your tracks. You can look into https://www.privacytools.io/ but it seems like you already have done a good job and this site will not offer much to you current setup. https://prism-break.org/en/ offers some more tips.
>>
>>17194359
What in god's tits could you be doing that warrants your secrecy?
>>
>>17195135
Not OP, but what in god's tits gives you the right to ask him? I mean, you sound oppressive, almost imply something bad. It can totally be that but if he wants to have his secrecy then it's totally okay.
>>
>>17195144
You sure are inferring a lot of things for an innocent person.
>muh oppression
fuck you

I'm just curious, because it's not like the kid's buying drugs off the darknet or anything.
>>
>>17195135
Using the internet. Legal system is full of tech-incompetent morons who will buy a lawyer's rhetoric.
>>
>>17195147
What does a lawyer's rhetoric have to do with anything?
>>
>>17195153
Being convicted of a felony?

If you really want a hypothetical, here's a weak one because I'm lazy: surprise illegal image posted on 4chan in browser cache being written to swap space and found with ~undeletion~ tools or more advanced disk analysis.
>>
>>17194359
>using duckduckgo
its not private
use startpage (https://www.startpage.com/)
>TOR + TAILS
And for super privacy, you MUST disable pretty much every extension - from personal experience, anything good on the internet is actually a security risk.
Even TOR can be broken, just not easily.
>>
>>17194359
Also, I would like to say that if the NSA really wants you, bad - then nowhere is safe. They WILL find you.

Not being paranoid here, just realistic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.