[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice, i'm studying music but i need a way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: plsbro.jpg (6KB, 300x155px) Image search: [Google]
plsbro.jpg
6KB, 300x155px
I need some advice, i'm studying music but i need a way to fund my career because i got started last year and i'm 20, i'm learning to play the violin and i love it more than anything, but the problem is that i can't get a job that would allow me to study and still give my best to music.

There are no part time jobs near me and no jobs with a flexible schedule so I was thinking about starting a business but i'm not sure about what i could sell, i know some html and css so i could make a website but i'm not ready to start a freelancing career since i have no reputation and there are tons of people freelancing for the things i can do so i was hoping you could help me figure out what to do.
>>
Recent music grad here. You have some options. Managing websites, making your own, working graveyard shifts, are ways to avoid scheduling issues and still have time to practice. However, it may not be the most reliable source of income. I personally go for the 9-5, practice when I get home and occasionally play gigs at night or on the weekend.
>>
>>17185476

>excuses

people have done a lot worse and given it their all. this is kind of why adults hate millenials, cuz you act like you simply can't do something, but until recent history it didnt matter if you couldn't 'comfortably' do your best.

you had to work two part time jobs while also finding ways to study in between customers while also doing your work. yes it was hard. yes it was difficult. it took a LOT of adapting and doing things you'd never done before.

this is what is called 'life'.

you have to 'give your best' no matter what the odds are. thats how all the successful people make it.

the rest of us just say 'OHHH I COULD BE THE BEST IF ONLY I COULD DEDICATE MY WHOLE DAY TO THIS'

then proceed to shitpost on 4chan for 3 hours instead of squeezing in what they can.
>>
>>17185507
Where can i find a website management job?
>>17185525
this doesn't help me, i understand that maybe i don't seem enthusiastic about having to work, but i'm doing this, i'm just seeking advice on how to do it
>>
>>17185636

and i gave you advice: suck it up and do what you have to.

it doesn't help you because you are whiny and lazy.
>>
>>17185642
i don't see how you think this atittude could help anyone, i have to get money, i don't really know how i could do it, yeah i could do some shitty jobs but since i'm tired of those i think i'll be "whiny and lazy"
>>
>>17185649

>but since im tired of those i think i will be whiny and lazy

you dont even need quotes. you are literally being whiny and lazy.

so good luck with that.
>>
>>17185649
>i don't want to do something i dont like so i won't
>i won't work a lame job to find my dreams for future success
>I feel justified complaining
>i'd rather whine and complain

You're a fucking brat is what you are. Get a job you little shit, any job to pay fit your dream. or don't and stay where you are. This thread is an embarrassment
>>
>>17185686
it's not about something i don't like it's about being able to actually go to school so i can keep learning, it's all about the work hours so i have enough time to attend my classes
>>
>>17185701

except for how you very literally said:

>>17185649
>yeah i could so some shitty jobs but since im tired of those i think ill be 'whiny and lazy'
>>
It can't be helped. You need to keep looking for jobs, I dunno what you meant by "near me", like, 20 min walk kinda near or an hour of ride kinda near? Because if first then try searching on a bigger area.

Freelancing isn't easy but if you know some stuff you may try searching for jobs you can do remotely
>>
>>17185713
shitty jobs = work all day, get close to no money, what are you thinking i meant?
>>
>>17185719

the implication is just jobs you dont like, shitty jobs.

>work all day

we get this but when you say 'THERE JUST ARENT ANY PART TIME JOBS' thats bullshit. the country is made up almost entirely of part time jobs. part time jobs out number full time. getting full time work is considered extremely difficult. businesses refuse to give full time work because they dont want to pay for benefits.

>clsoe to no money

you are an entry level worker going for a music degree. you are not going to make much more than minimum wage. this is a choice you are actively making and are aware of. pretending you are worth more simply because you believe in yourself is not the answer.

you have a very skewed view of reality.
>>
>>17185731
i don't live in the u.s and i have worked before, IT work experience but i'm tired of 9-5 IT jobs that imply a total of 8 hour commute basically in other state
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.