[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have math disability >know i'm going to fail math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: even-god-wont-save-you.jpg (157KB, 700x821px) Image search: [Google]
even-god-wont-save-you.jpg
157KB, 700x821px
>have math disability
>know i'm going to fail math class
>final exams are in less than a week
>teacher warns me not to fail
>realize no amount of studying can ever help someone who is literally impaired
>it was a mistake not to demand to forego the class entirely
>don't know what to do anymore
What the fuck do I do? What happens if I fail the class? I wanted to be put in an easier math class once I found out it existed, but the counselor told me its scheduling would interfere with a language class (which I don't even care about) and that it was too late anyway.
I'm freaking out.
>>
You're boned. What exactly do you have a disability in dude? Like I was total shit at math in highschool (D's and C's if I was lucky)... but now I'm doing well in university math... I just started doing more problems, and now I feel confident in my ability.

I would just try to study as much as possible... if you don't understand the math, just memorize how to do different types of problems. It might take longer, but you should be able to do decent.
>>
>>17177981
>what is cheating
>>
What disability? Is it Dyslexia, or is it that you're just shitty at math and everyone's too afraid of hurting your feelings to tell you?
>>
>>17177981

You don't have a math disability.
You're probably one of those people that goes around saying "I'm no good with math" while you've probably never studied or put an effort into it.
>>
>>17177981
Dafuq is a math disability?

Sounds like someone lazy is just making excuses...
>>
>>17179626
Not OP, but it's called dyscalculia. Like dyslexia, but with numbers.

It's a real thing. I work as an aide for elementary children with learning disabilities. It's fairly common.
>>
>>17179632
Also, OP, you can get tested and join the disabled student program at your college. They give you more study time, time for exams, and someone to personally tutor you. At least, I have this in my college, you should check and see if your college has this type of program.
>>
>>17179632
If op is in Algebra or above this shouldn't affect him. I'm assuming it means flipping digits right?
>>
File: perfect grades.jpg (25KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
perfect grades.jpg
25KB, 350x525px
>Figure out what kind of maths the test will cover
>Invest in TI 89 calculator
>Notefolio editor
>YFW passing grade
>>
>>17179632

I have dyslexia, but that doesn't mean I'm some window-licking tard bard who can't pass English.

Somehow the world is filled with people who are "just bad at math" despite being pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>17177981

>I have a very specific form of dyslexia
>not full blown dyslexia, just specifically related to numbers
>mfw

This is "assburgers is a real thing!" All over again isn't it
>>
>giving yourself all those knarly labels
>not even positive

Fun life you must be living there senpai. I'd take a knee and drink water.
>>
Have you tried studying?

Life ain't fair, kitten.

IF you struggle, you need to work harder than everyone else to keep up.

Tldr get off 4chan and get back to studying
>>
>>17177981
Teacher here.

There ARE ways to overcome your "disability", though it may be too last-minute now.

What you think is a mental impairment is most likely a mental block against a particular way of teaching. The big mistake a lot of teachers make is teaching you something one way and then, when you don't get it, just repeating the same teaching method over and over until your brain just shuts down.

The trick is to find a whole new way of approaching the subject that your brain hasn't become allergic to, and for that you need an inventive teacher or tutor, who can say "Forget everything you've ever been taught about math - most of it never sank in anyway. Let's look at it this new way. . . . ."

(Quick example, a student whose brain just shut down at the very mention of algebra until I said algebra is just arithmetic written sideways. Instead of
+2
___

you write 2+2 = x, but it's the same thing, only sideways. She got it immediately, and we went from there.)

Maybe someone here at /adv/ can recommend a book or tutor that can do that for you.
>>
>>17180581
its not only flipping digits. It's getting concepts confused, struggles with manipulating numbers, unable to comprehend connections between numbers.

It's not simply 13 is 31. Even dyslexia, is not only seeing "rat" as "tar."

>>17180604
Well good for you, but not everyone has the same opportunities or help or brain functioning as you. In English, you are getting your ideas onto paper. In Math, it is much more strict, does not need your opinion, it solely needs you to just do it, and do it right.
>>
>>17181357
I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. Are you saying they don't understand rules? Once you take away numbers, math just becomes a set of rules you have to follow.

Do these people not understand the law? If you can't get basic rules and definitions down maybe college isn't for you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.