[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strange is it to have an online friend of the opposite sex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: dog-swim.jpg (747KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
dog-swim.jpg
747KB, 1000x664px
How strange is it to have an online friend of the opposite sex and not to be in an LDR? From what I've heard, this is not very common (i.e. either online friends of the same sex or two people in an LDR)
>>
I think it's pretty normal. My best online friend is male and our relationship is basically brother/sister. Same goes for my other female friends.
Not every opposite sex online friend has the intention of being in a LDR.
>>
>>17170025
I can't see why it wouldn't be common. I see a lot of questions about "is it ok to have an opposite-sex friend" on here. is everybody expecting everybody else to exclude half of the species except for sex and dating or something? I've always had both girl and guy friends online. less pressure, more ability to be yourself without worrying about IRL shit getting in the way. I mean yeah there might be orbiters, but I didn't really get the sense from most of my opposite-sex friends that they were orbiting. just sharing common interests.

can be hard to meet and get together to do stuff though. but I like to take road trips, and I have occasionally taken weekend trips to neighbouring states to hang out with friends there, or planned extra time into a trip to make a detour and hang out with someone for an evening or something.

and just in case it ever comes up: if you do happen to get into an LDR, they are kinda unfulfilling on the whole and don't tend to last unless you're actively making plans to meet in person or move closer together (if it progresses that far).
>>
>>17170034
Ah interesting. It's just that I recently searched for videos related to meeting online friends irl and almost all of them have a teenage girl meeting another girl (they meet because of common interests such as Instagram, One Direction, etc).
Just curious did you guys meet irl? I'm a girl and I feel the same way as you about how it's like a brother/sister relationship. You sure he doesn't like you back?
>>
>>17170043
Well I searched for "meeting online friends for the first time" videos on Youtube and more than 90% of them have a young teenage girl meeting another young teenage girl.
I told another girl that I have a male online friend and she finds it strange and said that she has never really made any male friend online.
>>
bump again
>>
I have a online friend who lives in Europe. She's a girl. we have become very close friends, I care about her a lot! Granted, I actually like her quite a bit, and would totally date her if she didn't live so far. But I know a LDR is pointless. So we are just good friends instead. I've met her once before IRL, and I'll be meeting her again in just a few months. I can't wait!
>>
>>17170346
Oh so you actually like her! Do you think you will lose contact with her if one of you finds a partner? Would you tell her that you like her a bit?
>>
>>17170468

>do you think you will lose contact with her if one of you finds a partner?

nope. I mean, I don't plan on having a partner in at least the next 5 years. however for her, I really wouldn't be surprised if she gets a boyfriend in the next year or so. She's a very attractive girl, and she tells me guys always talk to her. I understand it's a matter of time before she does get a boyfriend. I know this, but I don't want it to effect our friendship.

>have you told her you like her a bit?

She knows, and she's even told me in the past that she likes me. The thing is we are both realists. we both know that LDRs don't work, especially with the distance we are dealing with. On top of that we are both on different paths life and career wise. So even tho we do have some feelings for each other, we know that it wouldn't work. It really sucks, but it's just the reality of the whole thing.
>>
>>17170515
What's her initials?
>>
>>17170546

Why?
>>
>>17170515
>I don't plan on having a partner in at least the next 5 years
Why? How can you even stand being single?
>She knows, and she's even told me in the past that she likes me
Were you the first to tell her?
>>
>>17170603
Sounds familiar
>>
>>17170515
Also, have you ever done anything slightly sexual with her? (Eg. Hold her hand, touch her hair)
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 364x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 364x470px
>>17170616
>Why? How can you even stand being single?

I don't know. I just don't take the initiative. It's really not all that bad being single Tbh.

>were you the one to first tell her?

Yes

>>17170622

What's the initials of the person you're thinking of?

>>17170634

when we hung out, whenever we walked somewhere she had her arm through mine just like pic related. and I'd occasionally just pull her in and give her a hug from the side and stuff. When it was time for me to leave, I gave her a big hug and a quick kiss on her cheek. She smiled and then pulled me back in and have me a 3-4 second long kiss on the cheek. Then funnily pushed me away, gave me a shy smile and wave and walked away
>>
>>17170651
Starts with J, if I'm right you let me know the second part
>>
>>17170651
Hey I am a girl and I am in a simipar situation. Shoyld I tell my internet friend that I have some teeny weeny bit of feelings for him? Really scared of ruining our friendship
>>
>>17170651
For the cheek kiss did you actually kiss her cheek or the air?
>>
>>17170658

You're thinking of someone else

>>17170661

I don't know anon, I'm not sure how well you know this guy. How far does he live from you? How well is your friendship?

>>17170663

Actually kissed her cheek, she did the same for me.
>>
>>17170025
Honestly I wouldn't start an LDR with someone I had never met in person, so I don't think it's strange at all. That's really the only way I would view a female that I talked to online a lot, just an online friend. I don't really have any online friends though. I don't have any irl friends either so maybe I should try this online thing you kids are doing now.
>>
>>17170670
Different continent but very strong friendship. Would love a cheek kiss from him too.
>>
>>17170670
Btw he is Italian. Can I actually kiss him on the cheeks without freaking him out?
>>
>>17170686
>>17170724

That's funny because this girl is Italian ahah. Yes that's acceptable there.

If you want to kik anon we can. Since we are kind of in the same thing.
>>
>>17170740
No I mean actually kiss him on the cheeks not the air. Where are you from?
Dont have kik.
>>
>>17170761

I'm from the US.

it just depends. it depends on how comfortable you are with each other. If he really seems comfortable talking to you, then kissing him on the cheek would be fine!
>>
>>17170045
>>17170050
Who videotapes meeting up for the first time? That's so weird. I can certainly see that from some artsy instagramer, but when I met up with my nerdy 4chan male friend, I didn't document it at all.

We met for the first time at a convention we were both going to.
>>
>>17170724
Bump for interest
>>
>>17170025

You can't be in a relationship with a person you've only met online anon
>>
>>17170025
>How strange is it to have an online friend of the opposite sex and not to be in an LDR?
It's very normal.
>>
>>17170661
whats the first letter of his name, sounds familiar
>>
is it weird that i have a long distance-ish (5 hour drive) friend that texts me goodmorning everyday? (we talk everyday too). shes female i male. she used to flirt ALOT and said she liked me, granted that was months ago im not sure if she still does, either that or she put more focus on school like she said she would.
>>
>>17172135
Female here: whether she admits it or not, it's pretty obvious that she still has feelings for you.
>>
>>17170025
It's still about as strange as having a regular friend from the opposite gender
>>
>>17172367
for real? I mean i still like her but im kinda scared to ask her out. I remember during the first few weeks we started talking she told me she wanted to stay single till she finishes with university (this was before we started talking alot and flirting started etc). I think she said it again a few months after but i dont remember. only a year of school left anyways
>>
>>17172367
theres also another thing i noticed but i dont know if its worth mentioning, seems kinda dumb desu
>>
>>17172625

Tell us! :)
>>
>>17172710
has to do with emojis.... used to give heart one, now she doesnt really use any desu. maybe im overanalyzing this
>>
>>17172982

Haha I know I exactly what you mean. This girl I talk to would send me TONS of emojis. I woke up once and looked at my phone and I swear, there was probably 150-200 kiss emojis in the chat. Like she was probably clicking that button like 100 some times there was so many. Anyways, she doesn't send me those emojis anymore. And I thought just like you are now. Granted, it's different for everyone. Everyone has different reasons. But I asked her if she was losing interest in me, she just replied with "humans are like waves. Things are really up, and go down" I didn't really understand what she meant. But I think it just had to do with stuff in her life.
>>
>>17170025
I don't think it's really weird. I've always had male friends, and when I started meeting people online I made some male friends too.

One of my friends lives 500 km away from me, we met a bunch of time and text almost daily. He is great, funny as fuck, we have tons of interests. He's great.
Another guy lives a couple of hours away, by plane, and we met twice. I met him on 4chan a year ago. We're really good friends, he is an amazing person, we talk every day and I'm going to his marriage.
>>
>>17174004

Have you ever done anything sexual or intimate with any of your male friends?
>>
>>17174078
With the two guys I mentioned in my post? No. One of them has always been in a relationship, and with the other... we're just not really each other's type.

I dated a guy that was a friend, tho. So I guess that something sexual and intimate happened with one of my male friends.
>>
>>17174004
>I met him on 4chan a year ag
Seriously?
>>
>>17174146
Heh, yes. And on fucking /soc/, of all boards.
I was sick, posted in a skype thread because I was stuck at home all day and extremely bored. I spent hours talking to him since - same sense of humour, tons of common interests, really similar personalities.
He is just an awesome person.
>>
>>17174156

Because it was on /soc/... Have you seen a picture of his penis?
>>
>>17174174
>Have you seen a picture of his penis?
I don't think he ever posted his dick on /soc/. I don't even think he goes there frequently, he never mentioned 4chan after the first time we talked.
Also - He is engaged. We really never had anything sexual. I even met his fiancé.
>>
>>17173970
she would use them with her goodnight text but hasnt been using any at all lately. its not like she stopped giving hearts and used :) instead. maybe she grew out of it a bit. i mean i cant see her or anyone spamming emojis when theyre 30 or something lol its kinda childish.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.