[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short, I've been living with my GF for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 8a8ivjE.jpg (61KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
8a8ivjE.jpg
61KB, 670x502px
Long story short, I've been living with my GF for about 2-3 years now in this apartment. I want her to leave.
She is not on the lease, and her name is on no bills. She pays me 1/3 of the rent (I pay 2/3 and bills).

She is a lunatic. This will not go smoothly. I was wondering what resources I have for this sort of thing and how can I carry it out? "Talking it out" has been exhausted. I want her gone.
I'm a good guy I really am. Her drug and drinking problems are creating a great pain in my life.

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this?

I'm pretty much begging for help here.
>>
File: PAYING_thumb.jpg (29KB, 335x230px) Image search: [Google]
PAYING_thumb.jpg
29KB, 335x230px
You could move all your stuff into storage, then move yourself into a studio apt across town.
>>
>>17169417
Legally she's a resident. You're skirting a shit storm of legal problems with her not being on the lease. The rental company can force you out and also force you to continue to pay until the unit is rented.

If you can do it on the quiet, yes try to get her to leave peacefully. If she won't , you're going to have to serve her papers. She will have 30 days to respond to them and you will have to go to a magistrate or the court. In the meantime, you can't throw her stuff out, change the locks, etc etc.

If you don't have much time on the lease left, ride it out, and don't invite her to move with you. Don't tell her where you're moving.
>>
>>17169431
great idea

>>17169448
great advice. I have to give a 2 month notice before the lease ends. It's a smaller building so the landlord will likely need to show it and stuff so that won't be good.

This is such a fucking mess
>>
>>17169448
>Legally she's a resident
what?

I'm in a similar situation as OP. Myself and a friend (who no longer lives with me) are the only ones on the lease/rental agreement. There is 3 other people here now. Fortunately for me they will all be moving out shortly without any fuss, but how are they a resident if nothing says they are? Honest question
>>
>>17169471
Tell us about her and how this mess came to be anon
>>
>>17169516
Establishing residency doesn't have to be through being on a lease or having bills in your name. The law works both for and against people trying to establish residence as much as it does for those trying to deny residency to someone else. This applies to squatters and batshit girlfriends.
>>
>>17169517
The usual live in girlfriend stuff with some drug and drinking issues peppered in.

The usual:
>shit talking me to her friends and mother
>doing that thing where my accomplishments are "She/We did it" and anything she doesn't agree with is my fault. Ex: If I don't do HER dishes I "Never do the dishes"
>general hypocrisy
>completely ungrateful. very entitled.
>generally lives like a teenager but is 25.
>drinks 7 beers, tries to make out with whoever has the most status in the room.
>long history of drugs (coke, crack, lsd, mdma, you name it), totally dependent on weed now.
>basically tells me what I want to hear than does some shady shit, when I complain it's MY fault not hers.

It's totally exhausting, I want her gone, out of my life. She talks about marriage and shit but she is such an ungrateful fuck up who completely isn't aware of what she is doing. The whole time with a George W Bush like arrogant nature about it. I'm the fool here. She knows I'm a sucker. I bought her lies and her bullshit. Now I am stuck. I need her gone big time. I will learn from this.
>>
>>17169606
You sound like a good lad OP. Sorry you chose a shit person to live with. Have you spoken to her mother about this, showing concern for her well-being?

Honestly while she's outside you could just throw away all her shit and change the lock on your door and she would have no legal way of coming back in. If she says she lived there before it's your word against hers. Get your friends to back you up.
>>
>>17169682
This would only work if the police can see past the situation and see it for what it is.

Everyone should go read up on residency laws, eviction, Tennant law and whatnot for their respective states / provinces. She won't be thrown out and OP will legally be forced to let her stay in the home until she leaves of her own accord or until OP goes through the courts
>>
>>17169691
Do you think she would call the cops considering she has a history or using illegal drugs and currently does weed?
>>
Well I would store everything of importance to you in a storage locker or at a relatives house. If she is batshit and loses it, might go Elin nordegren on your shit
>>
When does your lease end OP?
>>
>>17169417
run , just move .
>>
>>17169697
She has the right to just that. But it'd be a pretty risky and dumb move on her part.

All boils down to what kind of drama lama bullshit you want to put up with. Status quo or atomic fireball horseshit
>>
>>17169606
OP I feel like you should tell her how you truly feel. Just stay calm and collected while telling her how you really feel. To add the icing on the cake you can say something about not seeing her in your wedding. The drug history is a big major red flag for women you want to settle with.
>>
File: Rule_34_by_LuigiIII.jpg (30KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
Rule_34_by_LuigiIII.jpg
30KB, 680x544px
>>17169741
If you read the OP he said he tried that already
>>
>>17169697
I wonder if I could just call the cops and say "There is a huge bag of weed in my house". I wonder if they would work with me on this. I feel like they wouldn't.

Thanks for all the help guys this is really helping me figure shit out.
>>
File: pallet_3_copy.png (226KB, 453x291px) Image search: [Google]
pallet_3_copy.png
226KB, 453x291px
>>17169763
>>17169704
>>
>>17169417
Break up with her, as smoothly as you can. She will then probably choose to move out on her own.
>>
>>17169417
I think the easier option is for you to leave to a new apartment OP. Explain the situation to your landlord.
>>
>>17169697
>does weed

kek
>>
>>17169417
kill her
it is the only way
>>
>>17169763
Wouldn't you be convicted for the weed since your name is on the lease?
>>
>>17169815
good question.
>>
>>17169417
How much time do you have left on the lease?
>>
>>17169691
This is actually a terrible idea. Rules for establishing residency vary by state, but just throwing someone's shit out into the street is a very good way of getting the police involved. At that point, she holds all of the cards. Even if she was doing something illegal or in gross violation of the lease, evictions take time and are an enormous pain in the ass. OP would be in serious risk of having to go to court over something like this and he'd almost certainly be on the hook for damages.

Also, if the police show up and drugs are found its very likely OP will be arrested as well.
>>
>>17169792
Landlord might not care. I've had tenants come to me with stories like this and the best I can do for them is to start showings and try to rent the place out so they can terminate early. I'm not eating a few months of an unleased unit because someone's relationship went sour.
>>
>>17170567
He would, unless it is physically on her person.

In most places it is illegal to change the locks in this situation, and throwing her things away is another lawsuit. It is also petty, and will look poor to a judge.

Either ride the lease out, and break up with her now, or move out yourself; she may move, or you can serve her with a Notice of Eviction. Your landlord could let you break the lease, if you explain the situation.

Move all of your valuables, and important documents. Any shared accounts?
>>
File: 1400696824393.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1400696824393.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>17169525
I believe this will vary state by state because I know that establishing residency typically requires a form of residence (i.e. bills, her DL license reflecting that address, etc.)

Perhaps you could ask her to pay more rent and ride it out. If she agrees then you should be able to save a nice portion, if not then let her know that she needs to start looking else where. Bottom line though, you should let her know that you're no longer wanting to be with her.
>>
Great thread. Thanks for all the support. It's been on my mind the last 48 hours.

>>17170682
Wow this is ingenious. I should ask her to pay more rent.
>>
>>17169417
Whatever you do, buy a small recorder and record your conversations with her. (at least if you live in a one party consent state, in two party ones courts throw that shit out).

Record your conversations with her if she really is crazy.

Crazy bitches love crying rape when you try to throw them out.
>>
>>17169417
move out and don't let her move in to your new place
>>
>>17171392
dont do this unless you live in new york or nevada. you need two party consent in all other states if there is a reasonable suspicion of privacy, which would obviously exist in her home. new york and nevada have a one party consent law, which is why shows like crank yankers always record their pranks in either las vegas or somewhere in new york state.

if your lease is up within the next couple months just find another place to move into and do it. if you can afford to pay rent on two places for a couple places then go ahead and do that, move into the new place on your own one day and leave her an eviction note when your stuff is out. make sure your landlord knows the situation in case she decides to damage the apartment so they don't think you did it.

or you could have her taken care of if you know the right people...
>>
>>17171436
that is literally not true

i live in nc and it's a one party consent state. dont spread fud
>>
Thanks for the help everyone !
>>
Very quietly... Put the things you care about in storage. Anything that cant be replaced.

Then break up with her. Hard.

Stsrt bringin tender hook ups home. What evey you can to drive a wedge.

Hope she goes.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.