[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was failing one of my classes in university; was failing everything,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ad_133841213-e1399139960953[1].jpg (86KB, 1000x607px) Image search: [Google]
ad_133841213-e1399139960953[1].jpg
86KB, 1000x607px
I was failing one of my classes in university; was failing everything, assignments and tests but when it came to the final exam, i killed it, got 98% and passed the course. Now the problem is that i got extra time to write this exam, so after everyone else finished the exam, i was still writing it. The proff fucked up and uploaded the solutions while i was still writing the exam.

I wrote this exam a month ago and now my school is accusing me of cheating on this multiple choice exam based on 2 reasons:

1. i was failing and suddenly got a really good grade
2. I used the solutions the proff posted

I was quite shocked myself i did so well, I didn't cheat I studied my ass off and paid a lot of money for tutors($1500+), i even have tutor bills to prove this. I also made some educated guesses on the exam. I have a meeting with the dean coming up and i dont know what to expect, i really don't want to redo the exam or even worse, retake the course. another problem is im studying for 6 other courses right now and forgot this course material already. What to do? ill take any advice. I was suppose to graduate after im done with my 6 courses
>>
I don't really understand how'd you got yourself into this situation but just go there, explain how you explained here and take the bills with you.

You're some rich-ass motherfucker that you can afford 1500 bucks for tutors tho...damn.
>>
File: 1457035146436.jpg (66KB, 956x631px) Image search: [Google]
1457035146436.jpg
66KB, 956x631px
pic related is all you will need to say
>>
>>17167612
im offended that my school had no faith in me

>>17167665
thanks, i appreciate it!
>>
>>17167693

Get your student hand book / rules.
And maybe talk to an attorney.

Record the conversation ( tell the dean you are recording it)

They can accuse all they want.

If they dont have proof your in the clear.

If they try to force you to retake the exam , say no.

If they say they will take action against you thats why you have an attorney.

Do better in class. Go to class. Meet with profs in office hours. Go to study sessions and reviews. Ask question. Do homework. Study.

In the long run. Know you will have a target on your back. You cant fuck up. You cant use material with out reference, ext. They will be on the look out for you
>>
>>17167719
Me again.

I had the same thing happen op.

It was a math class and i was doing horrible. I was taking care of a terminal family member. And it was the only class that i was doing bad in. ( all my other prof were understanding and let me submit work late and not be in class). That math class had daily quizes ( like it was high school) board work , and so forth

Came to the final and the prof and i cut a deal. What i got on the comprehensive final was what i would get for the class.

Got it in writing.
Signed by him, dean, and my chair.

Day of exam i was in hospital for last rites . So by arraignment I took it at the testing center, with a proctor, video taped.

Pull a 99% out of my ass.

He protested.
Demanded i retake.

Dean , chair, and proctor said no.
>>
>>17167719
>>17167736
thanks for the advice bro, im actually looking into a lawyer right now and Im glad your situation ended up well. I didnt know the proctor gets involved too, i was really nervous for this exam and very figgity, i've made eye contact with the proctor a couple times and i hope she doesn't think i was shady or anything
>>
>>17167597
Although they have to find proof that you cheated, if there is any way that you can prove that you didn't, your case would be much stronger. Duh.

Present your notes and other efforts you made in your study processes.
Bring your tutor billls as well as any work you did during your tutor sessions. You are trying to make yourself as reliable as possible.
If you can, compare and contrast the solutions you gave to the solutions provided by the proff. If they are exactly the same, then a retake should be no problem as the thought process would be the exact same. They could then compare the retake solutions to the thought processes of the original exam to test for similarities.

But logically speaking, a retake wouldn't be such a bad idea. You should know the material if you studied your ass off and you should make a decent grade.

You may not *want* to but you may *need* to, lest you be kicked out. The main thing is that you again, try to make yourself as reliable and open as possible. Gaining the university's trust is key. You want to be likeable and you want to make yourself transparent. Assuming you actually didn't cheat.

Good luck. This is coming from someone who was in a very lengthy cheating scandal a few semesters ago.
>>
>>17167900
thanks bro, ill take your advice
>>
>>17167597
>The proff fucked up and uploaded the solutions while i was still writing the exam.
This is pretty damning, it'll be up to you to show that you didn't use this to answer.

>another problem is im studying for 6 other courses right now and forgot this course material already.
What's the point in taking this course if you haven't even learnt anything?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.