[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it seems like my coworkers are avoiding me, ive been interning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1462156142331.png (473KB, 1080x848px) Image search: [Google]
1462156142331.png
473KB, 1080x848px
So it seems like my coworkers are avoiding me, ive been interning for about a month and it seems like theres been a change. Ive been reassured that I'm doing well, but recently my coworkers have been acting less and less inclusive as time goes on. We usually all eat lunch together either at a restaraunt nearby or in the office, but the last couple of days they havent been asking me to come with. And today they ate in a different office away from me. I cant help but worry that this means theyre planning on getting rid of me at the end of the internship rather than hire me on full time like they said they would initially. Am I being paranoid or are these clear warning signs?
>>
why would they be avoiding you?
>>
>>17154494
Only one way to truly get to the bottom of this...ASK SOMEONE THERE! You can speculate to yourself into a fit, and still manage to be wrong...
>>
>>17154511
No idea, thats why Im asking
>>
>>17154529
The risk I run by asking them is if they arent avoiding me and im truly just paranoid, then im outed as a weird paranoid intern guy
>>
>>17154494
Just ask, pussy. Straight out be to one 'Hey - are you fuckers avoiding me, yes or no?' Then they'll answer, and you'll have your answer..
>>
>>17154494

Everybody is nice to the newbie when they first start. If you don't embed yourself in the group straight away, they stop giving you chances and you fade into the background.

Were you particularly social when you began? Do you make effort to speak to them and make your presence known?

Maybe just start making more effort to speak to them. It doesn't have to be forceful, just ask individuals how they are, try and put yourself forward a bit and see if it makes a difference.
>>
>>17154494
>the last couple of days they haven't been asking for me to come with
As >>17154595 said, do your part too. Make yourself an important part of their group.
>>
>>17154595
Ive been pretty social, Im not autismo or anything but I worry I'm doing something wrong or trying too hard. Im thinking I may be paranoid, I just had a lengthy conversation with them. I think if anything the newness is fading and I need to make my own way socially like you said
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.