[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So everyone's graduating with their masters and jds and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
So everyone's graduating with their masters and jds and phds. Meanwhile, I can't even figure out what to do with my life and I've been working a simple desk job since graduating with my bs two years ago.

I go to the gym, play vidya, haven't been in a relationship in 10 years.

How do you all get what you want? And how did you figure out what you wanted?
>>
>>17154264
By identifying what you want, first of all. What makes you happy? What is your dream? What are your goals?

Then lay out the framework for how you will get those things accomplished. It may mean more school, or moving somewhere else, or joining a rec sports team to meet new people, or going out once a week to a different club to have a good time. Whatever you like. You know you, I don't. As with all things, you learn and grow by doing/trying. So start doing and trying. All things.
>>
>>17154281
>By identifying what you want, first of all. What makes you happy? What is your dream? What are your goals?

This has been ultimately the most difficult thing for me. Even my therapist has asked me to take a break from sessions for a bit for introspection. I simply am into too many things to pinpoint the one thing I want to do.

I do a lot, but don't have that one thing that makes me happy.
>>
>>17154287
I dunno what to tell you, dude. You know exactly what you have to do. This is a "you" problem. You gotta buckle down and find the focus to separate casual hobbies from real passions. Only then can you figure out how to turn your one or two true passions into job goals, relationship goals, etc.
>>
>>17154307
I'll try to do that. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>17154264
Why is working a simple desk job a problem? I can tell you that no matter why you go in life you won't feel different unless you convince yourself that where you are is where you want to be to some degree. As long as you are making a living and are able to support yourself you should not be required to be anything more. If you convince yourself that people are looking down on you for settling for a ba (which they may or may not be but probably aren't and you shouldn't care what they think reguardless) Then you may choose to go back to school. If you feel that you need more schooling to provide for your family better that is a different story.
>>
Need the following so I can help you better
>age
>degree
>interests/hobbies/etc
>describe the job you have now.
>>
Be glad you aren't in the same debt they are
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.