[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody here on antidepressants? what are you on, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 400x386px
anybody here on antidepressants?

what are you on, and would you recommend it?
>>
>>17149119
When I was a teen I occasionally used marijuana, it helped desu.
>>
>>17149125
i don't think i can get a hold of any right now, unfortunately. i'm canadian so i'm holding out for the legal weed we were promised.

weed would be worth a shot though. cause i know antidepressants are kind of a long term commitment. you have to take them for like a month before you feel anything, and then you pretty much can't stop, and you're stuck with whatever the side effects are for the rest of your life.
>>
My friend has recommended St John's Wort as one of those alternative medicines. Has anyone tried it? Does it work?
>>
File: is gud mate.jpg (8KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
is gud mate.jpg
8KB, 212x212px
I'm on Venlafaxin, it's the only thing keeping me alive right now. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
zoloft, it takes 3-4 months to work so nothing has changed as of right now
>>
Lexapro, it works for me. I got really jittery for a while so I went on Lyrica to calm my nerves but I'm off that now.
>>
>>17149512
The same thing happened to me on lexapro. If anything it made me feel more shit because i was so jittery that it made me anxious
>>
>>17149119
I was on Sertraline, before I made the mistake of thinking that I didn't need it anymore.
It was good, it gave me life and energy.
Not a big difference, but it made me realize that I have wasted my childhood and gave me reason to start working for a better life.
>>
>>17149119
I'm on buproprion (wellbutrin, etc.), sustained release (150mg 2X/day). Mild but effective. Sadly, didn't make me quit smoking or lose weight. But my mood is without question improved.
>>
I've been on Sertaline (zoloft) for about two years now and it has helped me immensely. The only downside I've had recently is some extreme heartburn with some intense saliva production and burping. I filled a 500mL bottle with my saliva in one episode which lasted three hours, this happens probably twice a month. Also it takes 2 hours for me to climax so I don't even bother masturbating anymore. other than that it has been a fantastic experience because I'm actually moving on with my life now.
>>
I stopped taking them. I really don't know why. I didn't think they were doing anything and then my doctor/therapist just kinda forgot about me and what I told them.

I'm going to assume it's worth trying to find something that works. i just don't want to deal with negative side-effects. I thought feeling something was better than nothing. But I don't have the energy or drive to do anything anymore. It's a chore to get out of bed. It's a chore to do anything.

That got bloggy really fast, my bad.
>>
>>17149169
They don't have long term side effects you spendously silly amerilard, I took SSRI anti depressants for a few months then went of them because I realized taking pills doesn't do shit for you, if you want to feel pseudo-happy anti-depressants won't dk that, all they do us numb you so you don't feel as much I guess
>>
>>17149119
Also they take away your sex drive completely and lower your testosterone levels of that's a problem for you
>>
>>17150856
not a problem at all. the only thing that would be a problem is if it lowered my energy and motivation, because that's what i'm trying to get back in the first place.
>>
>>17149125
>>17149119
Just coming back to preach more to the church of pot, no known side effects when used sparingly, it also increases your sex drive, helps with headaches, relaxes your muscles, helps you sleep and can help treat cancer (among other things I'm sure I've forgotten.)

I don't recommend using pharmaceutical drugs because they usually have a lot of side effects and sometimes don't even work.

I know you're waiting for it to become legal in Canada, and I applaud you for that, but make sure you see how it works when it's eventually (hopefully) legalized for you.

Remember, OP, that depression isn't always a bad thing, it's OK to be sad sometimes.
>>
>>17150865
I know you don't want to hear this but as someone whose been on anti-depressants I can say they don't do shit for you except break your dick, I went from fapping twice a day to once a week
>>
>>17150889
That sounds like someone who never experienced real depression would say, depression definitely is a bad thing and isn't at all ok you retarded faggot
>>
>>17149119
I only have mild winter depressions, but occasionally they spill over and stay present the whole year.
I don't trust the pharma industry, and i don't take antidepressants because i doubt their effectiveness.

But i do take, Shrooms, DMT, Ayahuasca and Peyote.
I would not suggest to take a strong hallucinogen (in use since thousands of years) over a double-blind tested commercial pharmaceutic product, but it defiantly works for me.
>>
Bupropion since it works on dopamine and doesn't have sexual side effects.
>>
>>17150898
From grade 7 to 12 I had no friends, I only left the house when needed, and felt trapped in my own mind. I also had no personal hygiene and had incredible feelings of self loathing.

You shouldn't just assume things about someone life when you have no idea, a paragraph or two does NOT give you a mirror into anyone's soul. Now I feel like shit, but that probably makes you happy, since you're likely a troll.

The goal of being forever happy is a concept created by corporations, "to be happy you just need to buy this," "just take this pill," blah blah blah, in reality it's sometimes OK to feel sad, if you believe you have to always be happy it will just make you feel worst.
>>
I was taking Numencial, it is sulpiride with diazepam, it worked, but I preffer smoke weed, lol it is more natural and I'm not depressed anymore, even if I'm not smoking
>>
>>17150920
People don't want to be sad though, I want to be happy I don't want to be fucking sad being sad sucks
>>
I never really liked any of the anti-depressants I was on back when I still took them, they just made me feel stuck(best word i could think of). I did find weed to be helpful(also may help with weight gain due to munching), but it is also not something you would want to rely on fully because of tolerance and the slight possibility of getting hooked on it being an escape. Now I use a mixture of both weed and working out. after a while i just kinda had a drive to keep working out.
>>
>>17150889
>Remember, OP, that depression isn't always a bad thing, it's OK to be sad sometimes.
depression isn't being sad sometimes, it's being sad all the times. and it's not really even sadness exactly, although that's obviously an element to say the least. it's like a complete depletion of energy and motivation. my brain is functioning at like 15% of it's power level.

except when i get lucky and have a random manic episode, i pretty much feel this way all the time. shit sucks.
>>
>>17149119
Paroxetine, kept me from wanting to die and helped me cope with loss, but couldn't get a boner nomatter how hard I tried; if you don't mind that it's pretty good
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.