[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is it that I am not keeping up with recent celeb news

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 760_494_csupload_41702142.jpg (57KB, 760x494px) Image search: [Google]
760_494_csupload_41702142.jpg
57KB, 760x494px
How bad is it that I am not keeping up with recent celeb news in my country? My mom likes to show me new music videos released my local celebs here. The truth is I don't really care. Even for Anglo celeb news, I don't really care and I'm not that up-to-date for that.
I don't want biased, r9k-tier advice.
>>
There is nothing wrong with not keeping up with celebrity gossip. That stuff is trash. Be proud of yourself.
>>
>>17136424
You sure this is not biased advice?
My mom says it is cool to keep up with recent celeb news and she likes to tell me recent celeb news (eg. dates, breakups, marriages, new babies, pregnancies, recent concerts, new songs, new movies, public appearances, etc).
>>
>>17136434
it's pretty sick, how society overall is so absorbed in the private lives of other people.

as far as celebrity gossip goes, just smile and nod when she's onto it. whatever you do, don't do any research just to dish with her, even the smallest bit. she'll never let it go at that point, and that only encourages the voyeurism.
>>
>>17136449
ignore the obviously biased part. just smile and nod, but don't encourage it.
>>
>>17136452
You're the one who is biased
>>
>>17136421
Feign interest because it is your Mom.
It's probably one of the few joys she has in life--thinking she has this connection with her son.
>>
>>17136505
>son
I'm female
>>
>>17136512
I'm writer
>>
No, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm the same way, i couldn't care less about what's going on in that craze. My mom is similar too, but she has a huge interest about it. As much as i don't care, i don't ever want to make my mom feel like she can't be content with her interests, and she knows we don't share the same interests, but i love it when she's passionate about an article or new music track. Quite honestly, i listen to her, i watch her get excited.

In my case, i do so because she does the same for me, and she doesn't care for my interests. I don't know if you and your ma have a similar relationship like me and my ma, but i hope this perspective gave you a little insight.
>>
>>17136531
My mom doesn't do the same for me though... ;-;
>mfw my mom say that I am wasting my time for learning languages and that I just want to use this as an excuse to travel
>>
>>17136539
Are you that languages are useless coz my parents said so guy?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.