[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An annoying guy from my lectures that I don't want to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1454846877320.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
1454846877320.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
An annoying guy from my lectures that I don't want to be friends with is stubbornly trying to befriend me. He keeps calling me out for a beer and things like that and I recently accepted his invite because saying "no, I don't want to hang out with you" seems very rude. We're both men.

How do I politely make it clear to him that I'm not interested in friendship?
>>
by saying "No, I don't want to hang out with you".

What other option do you have, offer him subtle hints? Boo-hoo you're going to hurt his feelings, he'll get over it.
>>
Why do you find him annoying and why are you not interested in a friendship with him? Insofar as I could tell, his interest in you will wane after a few beers that fall flat (har har) in conversation, he will stop inviting you out to shit and will call you a friend. Better than making enemies, no?

If you believe that his reason for inviting you out is to engage you in some kind of bullshit scheme (multilevel marketing, join a religion or some bullshit society, act as a wingmen for his PUA testing grounds), then point out the bullshit scheme that is afoot and say you are not interested in THAT.

Part of growing up and being an adult is to learn how to not make enemies out of everyone that you are not interested in. You can hold pleasant conversations and light friendships with women that you don't intend to date. You can occasionally greet a guy warmly at a party who you don't normally feel like hanging on the weekends.
>>
>>17136242
There's a difference between greeting someone warmly and going out with them. And all that about not making enemies is bullshit, if you're not interested in someone, don't act like they're your friends just for the sake of being nice. It will only annoy you.
>>
>>17136233
You may have to get rude at a point, OP, if the person is being so pushy about befriending you and you're not interested. You can try telling him that you're too busy or that something came up, each time that he asks, until he gets the hint. Otherwise, politely, "I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested." Period. Don't give in or give mixed messages. GL!
>>
>>17136242
>Why do you find him annoying and why are you not interested in a friendship with him?
He's awkward, boring and annoying. He's the type who is desperately attempting to be funny but has no actual sense of humor. If he does manage to say something funny, he'll just keep repeating the same thing over and over again for the next 15 minutes. At first, I gave him polite forced chuckles/smiles, but now I don't even pretend that he's funny yet he keeps on making horrible jokes one after another. He's also plain weird, makes strange jerky movements, cringy statements and occassionally comes drunk to classes. The guy is obviously a nervous wreck and depressed, which is why I was careful about not making him feel even worse about himself.

Also, I'm not a very social person and I feel like my social circle is already at maximum capacity. Having more friends to keep up with would feel like a chore.
>>
>>17136233
"look, mate. I enjoyed the beer but I am awfully busy these days and don't have much free hang-out time. Why don't you make a move on that blonde girl who sits next to you?"
>>
>>17136252
If it "annoys" you to acknowledge the existence of others in a positive fashion just because you don't have the immediate need for them, that says more of a social maladjustment issue on your end rather than anything else.
>>17136271
You're going to have to be straight to him without having to be mean. "You make me feel really uncomfortable and you're drunk half the time in class. I really think you should get professional help, here's the contact details for the university counselling service."
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.