[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I last had a period in March. I don't have sex and I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 640x1136px
I last had a period in March. I don't have sex and I haven't kept a proper track of my cycles before this.

When do you know if it's something you should see a doctor about?
>>
File: 4549629008_8f32650b7c_b.jpg (305KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4549629008_8f32650b7c_b.jpg
305KB, 1024x683px
Shouldn't you be in the kitchen cooking or making a sandwich?
>>
>>17136143
http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/a-question-of-health/question-of-health/Missed-or-infrequent-irregular-periods

>as long as 40 days
>occasional blip in a cycle can be normal

>Reasons to see your doctor include:
>if you’ve missed three or four periods in a row
>haven’t had a period in six months, and you are not pregnant

There you go, keep tracking and chances are pretty high that there is nothing wrong with you with current information.
>>
>>17136144
sure honey how many tendies do you want?
>>
>>17136162
How do I determine if I've missed two or three, if I have no idea how long the cycles should normally be?
>>
>>17136167
>http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/a-question-of-health/question-of-health/Missed-or-infrequent-irregular-periods

Are you 12? Did you bother to read that page?
It is in 2nd paragraph jeez:
>A regular menstrual cycle is usually between 25 and 35 days, but may be as long as 40 days.
>>
>>17136173
But how do you know if the cycle is normal or if they are constantly and consistently missed or late because I am constantly under permanent, endless stress?
>>
>>17136185
You don't. You could be tracking your menstrual cycle for years before figuring anything out. Welcome to womanhood.
>>
>>17136187
I think I'll just kill myself instead.
>>
>>17136185
>I am constantly under permanent, endless stress
I don't need to be doctor to tell you this:
Stress isn't good for you. Fuck stress can gift you multiple diseases on top of your irregular period.

Stop caring about your period so much and maybe solve your life problems so you aren't under "permanent endless" stress.
>>
I'm not opie but is it normal to track periods? I've been casually doing so for years and have a huge amount of data saved, so I know what's normal for me and what isn't. My body is surprisingly regular too.

Also is it really okay to have sex without condom on period?
>>
>>17136185
If you're under enough constant stress that you can't be sure, then you need to see a doctor anyway. Prolonged stress, especially stress severe enough to suspect as being a cause of amenorrhea, isn't good for the psyche (or the body, for that matter), quite apart from the amenorrhea itself.
>>
>>17136193
I can't leave the family situation because my family just can't fathom the concept that being around them is bad for me. If I could get an actual doctor's note proving that I literally have physical stress symptoms that they can't explain away as just being dramatic or too sensitive, they might let me go. I don't have the mental resources to fight them all off all at once constantly nonstop with nothing on my side.

How do I know if missed periods are proof of stess or not?
>>
>>17136197
>I'm not opie but is it normal to track periods?
It's not something most people do, but it's well within the bounds of normality. There are even apps and devices to help people do it.

>Also is it really okay to have sex without condom on period?
It depends on the level of risk you are prepared to accept. The odds are low -much lower than at other times- but they are not zero.
>>
>>17136197
>Also is it really okay to have sex without condom on period?
NO. Having a period just means you weren't pregnant during the *last* menstrual cycle. It says nothing about when you will ovulate in the current cycle. Not to mention that while you are having your period, your uterus is basically this one big wound where a scab's just been pulled off and the risk of infection is high. Some people whose bodies are especially sensitive don't even masturbate during their period for the same reason.
>>
>>17136203
Have you spoken to a doctor about your stress? You do not need to be gaslit into believing that you need "physical" symptoms of stress in order to prove that you have stress. That's as absurd as saying everyone who does not cough cannot possibly have a cold.
>>
>>17136203
>do I know if missed periods are proof of stress or not?
This is one of many question even professional doctors can't answer you for sure. Maximally they can take a guess based on some statistic.

Just go with the article: no period in 6 months: go see doc.

>my source of stress is my family
Yea, now maybe go make new thread, write your life story about how your family destroyed you and maybe someone can give you advice on this problem too.

Don't forget to put your age there so we know who are we dealing with and split text into paragraphs so somebody will go through trouble and read it :-)
>>
>>17136214
No, but I am waiting in line to a psychiatrist.

You have no idea how fucking dense my family is. They love me, they really do, they're not abusive, just abrasive. Mom did not grow up in a society where mental illness is real. She believes in it like you'd believe in god or the female orgasm, it's a matter of I-guess-it's-out-there-because-I-am-yet-to-have-solid-empirical-proof-that-it's-fake.

The concept of "I am under too much emotional distress to devote large chunks of my freetime to helping your doomed greenhouse project" is just pig latin to her. I need physical prood that these people are literally killing me. Self-harm won't do, they'll just take the knife away and tell me not to do that again.
>>
>>17136226
That's not your family being dense, that's your family probably having various misconceptions about mental health issues, including the idea that if they refuse to acknowledge it, it prevents you from being labelled as a lunatic and they're doing you a favour for it. Plus, they're not doing this out of love for you, they're doing this out of purely selfish interests (who wants to acknowledge they have a family member who is mentally ill, plus until now you have shut up and gone along with their bullshit schemes and given them what they wanted so far).

Of course acting out isn't going to cause them to acknowledge what is going on. They are the exact type of morons, who, at your funeral after you have actually killed yourself, dab at their eyes going "she was such a bright and sweet girl, I have NO IDEA what could have possibly driven her to suicide".

At the end of the day, it is not as though your family has physically shackled you to your house. Find a furnished room with a weekly rent, cart your personal belongings in the back seat and drive out.
>>
>>17136237
It's not about stigma, they do understand that mental illness is real, but only the way tsunamis and AIDS are. It's something that happens to other people. My sister's depression is aknowledged to the extent that we've accepted she'll just NEET forever with no intention of moving out before mom dies.

The last time I tried to kill myself, mom did pull the whole "next time you should just talk to us when you feel bad! (:" and I was too hung over, exhausted and poisoned to try and remind her of all those times I have tried and she's just told me to Look At The Bright Side Of Life. The first time she heard I'd asked a school nurse for help for depression at 14, mom just told me I'm not depressed, I just need to eat more vitamins.

I need a car in order to get to work. I've used mom's car, I have no idea how to buy my own. I have no trusted adults that I could ask for help, and mom won't help me buy a car because she can't understand why I'd want to move out at 22 because her mind literally cannot compute that I can't live like this anymore.
>>
>>17136258
Have you considered just walking into the ER and say you have suicidal ideations.

>I have no idea how to buy my own
MAYBE YOU COULD GOOGLE "how to buy a car" ON THE INTERNET I DON'T FUCKING KNOW.

You are fucking 22. At what age are you going to stop blaming your mother, however batshit she may be, for ruining your life as opposed to you going out there and doing it yourself? When you are 35 with a failed string of dates and no career to speak of? 40 with 2 divorces under the belt because no man wanted to deal with you + crazy ass mother in law + terminally depressed sister in law?

No seriously, look at yourself, take a good hard look at what rights you are entitled to and what you HAVE to do as an adult, and go do it.
>>
>>17136273
If you literally cannot fathom why someone with a mental illness would have a hard time functioning without support on the same level as someone without a mental illness, I don't know what to tell you.

All I need is some help, and if I can't have that, I want to die. The matter is, it can't go on like this. I hope giving tough love makes you feel better, because it really does not contribute to anyone else's well-being.

I'm sorry I can't be as strong and brave as you are.
>>
>>17136295
>functioning
Nobody is talking about functioning without support. I am talking about a fucking google search and you're freaking out because unless your mother or some other apparently more capable adult holds your hand throughout, you can't buy a fucking car.

Also, if you cannot function enough to be on the internet without actually googling up your own info (eg, about your own irregular menstrual cycles, buying a fucking car, moving out, how to get emergency psychiatric help), why the fuck are you fixated on this idea that you need to move out and be on your own?

>I'm sorry I can't be as strong and brave as you are.
I'm sorry you're a fuckwit who cannot differentiate the difference between your own mental health issues and the malingering, simpering need to be treated like a fucking baby and have people reword the information they link to you in a thread.
>>
>>17136304
I was feeling and functioning much better when I was living on my own, moving back to mom's once school ended made me collapse right back again. It's this house, it eats away at me and the first parts to go are always the ones I'd need the most.

If I am seriously doing so bad that the best source of mental and emotiona support is 4chan, do you honestly think that being mean to me is helpful to anyone?
>>
1) Are you on any hormonal birth control?
2) Are you of a healthy weight?
3) Are you under an abnormal amount of stress?

My periods were irregular before birth control, sometimes skipping months, because I was at a low weight. Now that I'm on the depo shot, I haven't had a period since October. Anything that messes with your hormones can mess with your period. Stress can delay a period. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but talk to your OBGYN for peace of mind.
>>
>>17136325
1) no
2) I'm about 168 cm and 57 kilos this morning so I guess.
3) I'm contemplating making a huge scene and cutting my arms open in order to get into a mental ward because I keep feeling like nobody will aknowledge my distress if I behave myself.

Do people actually go to gynecologists regularly, like going to a dentist? It's not like you can get cavities there.
>>
>>17136192
Seems sensible.
>>
>>17136329
I go regularly for my shot, generally women go regularly for their PAP smears. Even if you don't do regular checkups, it's good to have an OBGYN that you can call for occasions like this. But most likely, from the sound of it, stress is fucking you up.
>>
>>17136329
>I'm contemplating making a huge scene and cutting my arms open in order to get into a mental ward
That's not neccesary, you can just walk into a hospital and tell them you want to kill yourself. The end result will be exactly the same as a suicide attempt.
>>
>>17136356
Not exactly. Going willingly means you're less likely to be taken as a serious threat to yourself, and you'll have more choice when it comes to hospitalization. First time I went to the hospital for suicidal reasons, I was told "lol you're bipolar" and discharged that night with the instructions to see a psychiatrist. When I actually called a suicide hotline, the cops came to get me, detained me, and I was forced into a mental hospital for a little while.
>>
>>17136356
Will it? The last doctor I talked to knows that I self-harm whenever my anxiety peaks and said a therapist will be arranged for me, and no therapist has been arranged, because they need to prioritise emergencies and they do not interpret me as an emergency.

I want to be locked up and chained to a wall, a pat to the head and "there, there" before letting me wander off won't do.
>>
>>17136362
Just FYI if you're in the US what that hospital did was illegal and if you it had been reported to the department of health they would have been massively fined. Suicidal ideation is not bipolar disorder.
>>
>>17136381
That's the problem with mental cases. You can treat them however the fuck you want, and if they protest, it's your word against theirs, and one of you is provenly a lunatic.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.