[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish speaker here. I would like to acquire a nice british

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Spanish speaker here. I would like to acquire a nice british accent while I learn the language.
Personally I'd love to get a pure RP accent, or a mix of RP and whatever is this called (Ciri's accent, the girl):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzre4FifXM

By "Received Pronunciation" I mean something like Ian Mckellen or Stephen Fry, and by "whatever is this called" not sure if it's called Southern, West Country or Essex.

Perhaps I didn't searched enough, but is not that easy to find resources (audio, media, books) for this specific accents.
Could you help me?
>>
That map is terrible
>>
Listen to BBC Radio 4 as much as you can, ideally when you're doing household chores and the like. A majority of the accents are RP some of the content is really interesting, while some of it is incredibly boring.
>>
>>17136081
>BBC Radio 4
I heard that Radio 4 is now a multicultural place that left aside RP to make it more commercial.
>>
>>17136064
Just listen to the BBC a lot.
>>
>>17136260
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10174136/BBC-wont-employ-posh-voices-any-more-says-Charlotte-Green.html
>>
>>17136064
Hey Op I'm a British woman with the Queens English dialect. I'm interested in learning Spanish and I'd be happy to help you learn my dialect
>>
>>17136612
OP here. Actually, I'm pretty interested. I speak the spanish of Madrid, which would be the most "neutral" one (used all around the country, on TV...).
How can I contact you? Interpals, Skype?
>>
>>17136064
that map is wrong. the republic of ireland is not part of the british isles, its a completely separate country. also, scouse is not an accent in ireland.
>>
It would be extremely impressive if you could manage this without spending a lot of time in the UK and having a voice coach.

You'll need to study the language (don't just imitate the sounds -- actually understand how they're being pronounced), speak English a hell of a lot, intentionally try to put the accent on when you speak it, and since you're Spanish you'll need to slow the fuck down when you speak English.
>>
File: British_Isles_terms.gif (46KB, 463x655px) Image search: [Google]
British_Isles_terms.gif
46KB, 463x655px
>>17136638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles
>>
>>17136638

Ireland is part of the British Isles. You should probably learn basic geography before you start lecturing others on it.

They fact they don't consider themselves British is irrelevant. Just so you know, Great Britain isn't a country and neither is "Ireland". They're islands.
>>
test
>>
Tbh, Anon, as a fellow Spanish who's also learning English, when it comes to accents, speaking with native british is a very good idea!

>>17136640
This Anon of here explains it very well. If you practice your speech constantly by speaking with people with the accent you wish to learn. Careful, though, as our accent clashes with several sounds from the English language, so start slow, no rush needed. Listen to the Anons offering you for help and I'm sure you'll be learning in no time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.