[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night in the very early hours of this morning at like 12:15am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: redlight.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
redlight.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
Last night in the very early hours of this morning at like 12:15am or something, I wasn't paying enough attention while I was driving, and I went straight through a red light. I stopped immediately after realizing what I had done, looked behind me to reverse but there was already another car stopped at the line, the cars coming from my left were slowing down to let me pass, there were no vehicles coming from my right. I had no choice so I went slowly looking all around me to make sure it was safe and carried on. No accidents occurred, but I made a mistake.

I passed my test at the start of this year and only got my car about a month ago, so I'm still in that period where I only need 6 points to lose my license, and the penalty for going through a red light is 3 points. I'm absolutely shitting it and can't stop worrying about this. It was night time, and I didn't notice any flash from any cameras. I checked out the place where this happened on google maps and although the picture is out of date there don't seem to be any cameras there. I'm going to drive back there today I think and scope it out. Does anybody have any experience with this? Have you ever ran a red light and got away with it? How long would you expect it to take to hear from them?
>>
If the ticket isn't served to you by an officer or state official it's not valid.

Just like how you can't get summoned to court through the mail

Chill.
>>
Mistakes happen. It wasn't a big deal. In fact, if wager if you tried to turn yourself in for your heinous crime they'd brush you off. I don't believe traffic cameras trigger unless you're speeding. Just be more careful and don't get into an accident wallowing in your paranoia that the traffic cops are after you. So, what the last guy said. Chill.
>>
>>17135997
>>17136009
I live in the UK, laws are different here aren't they?
>>
>>17135925
>>17136013
You have only been driving for a month, you shouldn't be driving on your own at unsociable hours in areas you don't know until you have a bit more experience and can see glaringly obvious red lights in the dark.
If anything bad did happen, you will get a letter in the post, sometimes other drivers report you and give the police dashboard camera footage, most don't, I wouldn't worry if I were you.
>>
>>17136013
Even so. It's not a major crime. You didn't do it intentionally and you even stopped to make sure everything was fine. I guess the UK has less crime but I'm still sure they have better things to do than hunt you down. If you're really that worried, talk to a cop and see about paying a fine to make you feel less guilty. Odds are, they'll tell you not to worry about it. At any rate, you won't have to worry anymore. But most importantly, just drive a little more carefully. Leaving the scene of a traffic violation is nothing like leaving the scene of an accident. But it seems that you're feeling like you've committed the latter. I don't think you've done a crime at all. Just a little mistake. It does happen sometimes. As long as nobody was wronged you should be fine.
>>
>>17136013
>I live in the UK, laws are different here aren't they?
I thought you did mate. Oh, and you're fine. For starters the camera on traffic lights doesn't start working until the light's been red for about 5 seconds. If you go through as it changes it won't pick you up. Also, they're about as reliable as an argos watch and very expensive to maintain, the result of which is that a lot of them just get left shutdown. You need to be travelling above a certain speed to trigger them as well, about 12mph iirc, and you need to be doing that speed about four car lengths past the light - the camera looks along the road, not down at it.

>It was night time, and I didn't notice any flash from any cameras.
Modern systems don't use visible light cameras at night. There are potential liability issues with having random bright flashes at a point where drivers needs to be 100% focused on the task at hand.

If you're really that worried though, go back there in the day and look to see if there's a camera. Signal cameras don't have to be signposted like speed cameras do, but they're really easy to spot - they just look like miniature gatso's. Even if there is one though it sounds like you'll be fine anyway.

Source - I'm an engineer at Siemens traffic control systems.
>>
>>17136047
>>17136032
>>17136017
Thank you for your input guys I feel a bit better about the whole thing now. I guess the only thing I can really do is hope for the best and wait. If I have been caught I'll just have to take it on the chin and be more careful next time, I just hope I haven't because it was a genuine honest mistake and I'm not gonna let it happen again.
>>
>>17135925
The first rule of the road is "Do what is safest." You should not have run the light but, having run it, your legal responsibility was to get out of the way as quickly as possible.

You can just wait and see if they have an automatic ticket-issuing system (which, despite an earlier responder, IS totally legal). If you haven't heard in 3 or 4 weeks, relax.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.