[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of applying to the "Semester at Sea"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: joe-vs-the-volcano-at-work.jpg (21KB, 540x233px) Image search: [Google]
joe-vs-the-volcano-at-work.jpg
21KB, 540x233px
I'm thinking of applying to the "Semester at Sea" college program and seek a degree that focuses on international affairs. I'm 34, on short term disability for a back problem; also have a learning disability in math and an 'autist' - but aside from that, I'm intellectually bright.

Parents are against it and wont support me. They don't want me to quite my job, which has great pay and benefits - but I fucking hate it and the degenerates that constantly bully me there. I have no funds saved and one semester at sea is a hefty $23,000 at the cheapest. I'm think of applying for a government grant but not sure if that will cover the full costs.

>Is this a waste of time?
>What other financial options are there?

I currently hate my job. Hate my life. Hate my town and everybody in it. I have no future here.
>>
>>17130687
If you are 34 why do you still live with your parents? You're too fucking old for semester at sea anyways grandpa
>>
>>17130715
I live on my own goober...and you think 34 is old? What are you, fucking12? Get off your moms computer twat.
>>
>my job, which has great pay and benefits
>I have no funds saved
>$23,000 at the cheapest.

I think there is a problem here. Also don't be stupid, if you want to go back to school just go to school not to a bullshit 'abroad' program which you won't actually learn shit. It's just the experience you pay for. The government isn't going to give you vacation funds. Also how do you not have any funds saved, the fuck are you pissing your money at?
>>
>>17130743
True, but I love to travel and want to see the world. It would be well worth the risk, in my own opinion...but the realist (in me) concedes to your judgment.

~why don't you have any funds saved up
Did you not read the whole paragraph? Have you ever been mobbed by bullies? Its worse than a fucking highscool there.Try working 50 hours a week with your nads stuck in a vice and tell me if you can hack saving funds?
>>
I'm all for spending semesters away from school, but not when they are so costly. 23 grand is way too much to pay out of pocket just because you "like to travel" or whatever. Just go on a small vacation if that's how you feel, it's a lot cheaper.
>>
>bullies

So, what? Are you snorting your whole paycheck to cope? Try something productive instead, like lifting.
>>
>>17130766
So they rob you?

(Not him)

What exactly do you consider bullies and how do you get bullied at 34?

There are very few jobs where people get away with that.
>>
>>17130788
Aspergers and tourrets...and alot of other things. They've been getting away with this shit for eon's. Doesn't matter the age. These are not men, but animals...the place is a goddamnt zoo. wasted the last year's of my youth at that fuck hole.
>>
>>17130834
You don't have anyone to report them to? If you can document all the harassment and you trying to report it, fuck college. Sue them.
>>
>>17130834
Yep, pretty much what we'd expect an autist to say.
>>
>>17130778
Wow...tough guy.
>>
>>17130844
It's a bit more complicated than that and not in liberty to discuss the details (concurrently) but thanks for the support.
>>
>>17130845
Why? Did you think that I was making it up?
>>
Nah' fuck it anyway. You guys are right. Dreams are but a blissful state and the nightmare, you awake.

That life if over, best forget it.
>>
>>17130850
On the contrary, you are the one who is the internet "tough guy". You have rough words for people giving you advice, but won't even try to stand up for yourself in person.

In this hole you dug yourself, you aren't making "great money". Semester at sea is a shitty idea, but it's better than doing nothing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.