[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being nervous at interviews? I take xanax an hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do I stop being nervous at interviews? I take xanax an hour before, I try to calm myself before I go in. Then it's all well at first until they start asking some questions and my mind goes blank and I find it really hard to form the sentences without long pauses. And then I get even more nervous because of that and I can feel the mild onset of a panic attack which of course makes it even harder for me to impress the interviewer.
>>
Are you practising before hand? I have really bad anxiety and used to have this same issue, but can combat this really well by premptively knowing the answers and doing mock interviews with other people. Research common interview questions, write down good answers and memorize them well. If you're having trouble determining good and bad answers go to your local job center/YMCA for advice.
>>
Take a small dose of xanax instead of getting fucking high
>>
>>17128957
And my second bit of advice to someone who borders on panic in interviews accept that you are anxious. It's okay. Anxiety is very common, and not a reason not to hire someone for most jobs.

Just focus on the interviewer and the air in the room. Don't focus on yourself.
>>
Yea pills might b blocking or slowly down ur mind surely? Causing the latter to onset
Maybe just practice more as above said and try not to seem desperate or even interested that works for me.
I nean be professional but just take ur time
>>
>>17128967
I usually just get in the character of "simple man." My role: person who can and will do the job.

What else, besides fashion sense, is going to sway thier opinion? A bunch of stuff that isnt changeable.
>>
>>17128954
I find it awkward if I were to do mock interviews though.. But I did write down the the answers to some common questions but they caught me off guard with some of the questions.

>>17128957
>>17128963
Only took 2 small tablets. I was fine with being anxious but not when I had those long pauses. It rarely happens unless I'm really distressed and having that happen during an interview is just too much for me to remain calm. Any tips on how to excuse myself for the pauses?

>>17128967
It's a really low dose though. But 2 pills is all I need in really stressful social situations. I'm pretty sure the not being able to think stuff was my anxiety which I thought the xanax would have gotten rid of

>>17128975
I don't really understand what you mean, anon. Like just appear calm and talk slowly?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.