[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I gave up ADD meds, I am a lifeless shell of myself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wallfall.webm (2MB, 240x278px) Image search: [Google]
wallfall.webm
2MB, 240x278px
Ever since I gave up ADD meds, I am a lifeless shell of myself.

All I do is lie around and watch Netflix. I never make art anymore. I can't muster the strength. I worry the motivation will never come back.

Maybe I just miss my ex.
>>
>>17127693
Go back on them?
>>
>>17127718
And be reliant on drugs for the rest of my life? I don't wanna need to get high to be a functional human.

I've heard stories of people dropping them, and living normal lives.
>>
>>17127743
You're not supposed to take them for the rest of your life. I thought you were supposed to take them long enough to where you felt comfortable and happy with yourself, and then slowly ween yourself off them by taking less and less doses.

But I've never actually taken ADHD medication, although I've been thinking about doing it because I feel the same way as you currently.

The only thing I can think of to help you is just mustering up that strength and pushing yourself forward. If you're at rock bottom the only direction you can go is up.
>>
>>17127761
I've been taking them since 1998.

I don't know what normal is.

Again, maybe I just miss my ex.
>>
Pull yourself together and make it a habit to walk out in nature. If you're not close to nature, use parks. If you're not close to parks, visits parts of the city you're in you haven't been to often. See new places. Appreciate your surroundings. It'll help your art as well.
>>
>>17127813
Well, there's a parking lot I could go to.

I just wanna learn to use a sewing machine, but I want drugs and my mom thinks I'm worthless.
>>
Get on coffee instead. Much cheaper.

Get a new grill, too.
>>
You just stopped artificially forcing your brain to spill out dopamine everywhere with an inhibited ability to reabsorb it, of course you're empty. You've been high on an amphetamine-esque compound probably for years now.

Give it time. You body will re-establish a functional equilibrium. Silly you. You were diagnosed with AD(H)D, you're supposed to be drugged up for life.

Nah. The motivation comes back. I abused amphetamine to the point of amphetamine psychosis and wandered around like a zombie with my motor functions scrambled for weeks prior, hallucinating all the while. The body is a machine, and it requires time to shift to a different baseline.
>>
>>17127693
>that vid

Hopy shit. did he die?
>>
i gave up stims that were prescribed to me for adhd but i did it way earlier than you but for similar reasons as you. developing good coping mechanisms for life with adhd is difficult but not impossible. it is definitely work and it's hard to make yourself give a shit especially without the stimulants, ironically. it is possible but self improvement has no single pathway i can show you it's more of a personal journey. and i know how gay this sounds btw
>>
>>17127761
What. So the meds that make your symptoms better are working, and then you decide that since your symptoms are better(because the meds are working), you're not supposed to take them anymore? The shit? That's not how this works. It's not gonna magically go away unless you're really lucky which is seems op isn't
>>
>>17127693
Never give up your ritilin it's worth $300 bottle
>>
I am in the final year of an engineering degree. I first started medicating with amphetamine because I thought I could get an advantage over others. I could not study properly before hand.

Then I realized I actually had ADD and went and had my suspicions confirmed. Here we only prescrible ritalin, which is ok but nowhere near as affective (or with the side affects) of amphetamine.

10mg of dextroamphetamine is superior to 30mg of concerta for me, in many ways. But it disrupts sleep.

I cannot function properly to any real capacity without these medications. Reading, doing ordinary tasks, all incredibly difficult without it. Everything was similar before I started taking these meds.

>>17127938
I wouldn't listen to these people.

Exercise is good but by no means a replacement for these medications if you want to function in any kind of job that requires conscious thought.
>>
>>17128261
And it costs $200 a bottle. (Was $30 until last year.) Fuck that. Biggest reason I'm giving it up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.