[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic unrelated So I plan on giving in my laptop, iPad and smartphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pretty reckless.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
pretty reckless.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
pic unrelated

So I plan on giving in my laptop, iPad and smartphone and gonna start using a regular nokia phone to completly cut off myself from the internet.

Did anybody do this? What are some expected effects?

>i'm the average anon who spends more than 8 hours online
>>
>>17126639

expect to be bored if you dont already have a plan for how to spend your time. a lot of people act like getting rid of their tech will magically teleport them to a pile of hot girls at a bar.

have a plan. but also, why are you even doing this
>>
>>17126662
I'm doing this because of my excessive internet use.

But thanks for the tip. I'll try to make myself some sort of journal/agenda so I'll have something to do everyday.
>>
>>17126673

the problem with excessive use is that if you had something better to do, you'd do it. you need a productive hobby to invest yourself in in my opinion.

consider taking other little things you do and reverse engineering them. for instance, like vidyah? design a video game. like comics? draw one? like books? write one. watching sports? play one. think of what you like and reverse engineer it.

use the internet as a resource if you need.
>>
i used to spend minimum 6-8 hours daily on the internet.

my life has improved immensely since i've stopped.

as the other anon said, make sure you have other things to do. i didnt choose to cut the internet, i chose to do other things and just no longer had time for the internet.

i still occasionally spend a day here or there playing video games for 3-4 hours, but it's rare
>>
File: 1457249615821.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1457249615821.gif
1MB, 320x240px
You'll just do different things. Rather than scrolling through facebook, you'll be watching movies or sitting outside listening to music. Use this new time to go outside and meet people. Try joining a sports team, or a volunteer group, or become a patron of some sort of establishment. I've never gone full "no internet" but i'm starting to ween myself by slowly getting off different social media sites. It's actually feels kinda freeing. I used to stress if I had way too much social media to catch up on. I was the type of person who had to watch every snapchat story, read every twitter post in my feed. Now I don't feel like i'm missing out because I completely removed myself from them. It is a good thing, but is it wise to completely cut yourself off? I'll probably always keep my facebook as long as it's popular, mostly for contact purposes. I feel social media has replaced what the phone book used to be, and some association with it is somewhat important. I would recommend maybe taking like one day a week to go down to the library, or somewhere you can use the internet to just catch up on news and maybe even check if you have any emails, facebook messages, or something similar. Cutting the internet out for the most part like getting rid of all your devices isn't a bad idea, but I don['t think it's practical to cut yourself off in general.
>>
>>17126696
That's the problem. I do all those stuff. But I feel like the internet is hindering me with all those stuff. I used to run, do sports and play piano. But since I was a teenager I always preferred to use the internet than do other stuff. Even today I prefer to stay in and mindlessly surf instead of doing something social with friends. I believe by forcing myself to quit I can have some sort of fix.

Basically I need to learn to control my internet use.

>>17126704
see above. My internet use is getting out of hand.
>>
>>17126723
>I used to stress if I had way too much social media to catch up on.

Reminds me one time I woke up at 5 AM to study and instead went shitposting to have a GET.

Also I guess I already tried to leave social media behind. Except it didn't work and in then end I just come back to 4chan, reddit, etc.

That's why I'm going full turkey mode.
>>
>>17126734
Yeah man, just do it. Just take the plunge like today. Get into a relationship, start dating. That'll give you something to do.
>>
File: nokia.jpg (10KB, 160x212px) Image search: [Google]
nokia.jpg
10KB, 160x212px
>>17126746
Thanks. Just found this kind of phone. Will start installing it. Then work on my journal.
>>
Just listening to some songs before turning laptop down. Thanks for all your advice.
>>
>>17126757
You'll look weird with that kind of shitty phone
>>
>>17127522
You think I care?
>>
>>17127522
i once went on a date with a guy with that phone. everything it implied was true...
>>
>>17126639
keep your laptop you dumbfuck. Get rid of the smartphone and ipad however. Those are 100% worthless devices meant to kill time

A laptop you can use for a million different productive activities.

Also, pretending the internet is what's making you unproductive and killing societies motivation is silly. I grew up before the internet was a fucking thing and only became serious the year after I graduated highschool.

Before the internet people still didn't do fucking anything. Instead they just sat around the mall or laid around the living room doing nothing at all. With the internet you can now simply do nothing at all in the convenience of your own home.
>>
>>17127522
what.

All it means is you won't be a fucking cunt and ignoring all your friends while hanging out.

I swear to god if anyone has their face glued to their phone when around other people I will toss that POS into the middle of the street.
>>
Honestly, deleting my FB account and disappearing from any social media or online community not related to my job or personal hobbies dramatically improved my productivity, mood and overall quality of life.

I can understand your need to get off the ride, but I hope you'll find your own middle ground. If used correctly, internet can be an amazing place for learning and self-improvement.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.