[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys... I feel so empty and dead inside. How I can get rid of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: 23739128382_123123123_324234234.jpg (74KB, 900x823px) Image search: [Google]
23739128382_123123123_324234234.jpg
74KB, 900x823px
Guys... I feel so empty and dead inside. How I can get rid of this fking depression?
>>
Pills and therapy, but say goodbye to your libido
>>
>>17122158
This.
...or you can end it all.
>>
>>17122163
What's the best way?
>>
>>17122173
Depends, what do you have access to?
Do you have any money to spend on supplies?
>>
>>17122179
Of course. Something painless is preferable.
>>
>>17122181
Asphyxiation by helium tank ($45-60 on amazon) get a face mask and turn it on so that its as close to the force of a resting breath as possible. You'll pass out within minutes, and die in a few minutes more.

Also stream it and provide a link here on /adv/
>>
>>17122188
If it is streamed moralfags will report it and could call help
>>
>>17122203
...at least give me whats left of your money/
you won't need it anymore.
>>
what's the problem with you guys in this thread`? holy crap.

what's the reason you refuse to go to therapy, OP?
>>
>>17122229
>Op here
I don't want to kill myself, I just want a better life. I want to change.
>>
>>17122258
what i thought. makes the responses you got even sader.

so, have you tried therapy then? if not, why?
>>
>>17122258
That's a no on the assisted suicide fund then?
>>
>>17122261
fuck off already and leave OP alone
>>
>>17122229
I'm not OP asking about the suicide option. I figure since life is just getting worse i should peace out sooner or later.
>>
>>17122268
make your own thread then instead of darkening OP's thread even more
>>
>>17122270
Why? I asked a question and got an answer. I made a thread earlier and the only responses i got for help was normie tier advice of beee urself :D

Either way there is no need
>>
>>17122270
Thanks anon.
>>
>>17122278
>what is google, alex?
>>
>>17122282
Google gives normie tier advice too it's not like i'm turning to suicide without trying other shit out
>>
>>17122258
OP, my best advice is to start getting involved in different niche hobbies. If you're still in school, take some music or cooking classes. Only reason I'm here right now was someone I met in a cooking course.
>>
>>17122305
>wants to be normal
>rejects normie advice
>>
>>17122305
took me 20 secs

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/plastic-bag-gas
>>
>>17122305
Yo, if you do it, don't exit bag. Do something that takes some effort. That way, you use it as last resort. Personally, I'm thinking about taking a knife to my jugular.
>>
>>17122318
there are instructions available, complete with diagrams on how to self-eviscerate properly.
>>
>>17122311
I don't want to be normal i just don't want to be depressed. If life is suffering i don't want to live it. Normie advice is shit
>>
>>17122338
why is it SO bad to be a normie?
>>
>>17122323
I mean, why do I need a diagram? Take knife, hold on side of Adams apple pointing at jugular, push.
>>
>>17122349
It's harder than you think.
A diagram shows where to cut before going for the jugular to ensure you die quickly.
>>
>>17122146
Do you even know it's depression?
Other things can leave you feeling empty and dead inside, like schizophrenia or hypothyroidism.
Some of those things (eg hypothyroid) are quickly and easily treatable, or even curable, so go make an appointment with your doctor.

While you're waiting for that appt, try to distract yourself with work, vidya, and 4chan. Don't sit around and think about shit, it'll make you feel worse.
Smoke weed if you've got it and it helps. Drink if you have to.
Talk to friends and family you trust, if you have any. It helps, often in ways you wouldn't expect.
Talk to us too, lay out what's been goin on in your life recently.

And don't listen to the edgy fucks talking about suicide methods, suicide is the very last solution to consider, not the fucking first.

>>17122343
He's not saying it's bad to be normie, he's saying normies (healthy people) are bad at giving advice to sick people, which is true.
>>
>>17122371
>he's saying normies (healthy people) are bad at giving advice to sick people, which is true.
ok, i can agree. but i'm a recovered sick person and am now dishing out normie advice myself. maybe giving it a try will yield better result than you might expect?
>>
>>17122343
It's not bad; faggots simply hate everyone who has friends and a social life because they can't have the same.

Hell, in most cases it's not that they can't have friends - they simply WON'T put the effort in order to do so.
>>
>>17122371
Numale detected.
>>
>>17122307
>Only reason I'm here right now was someone I met in a cooking course.
Don't put this much value on a person. That puts a tremendous about of pressure on them.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 480x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 480x637px
I don't think pills are the best way or even a very good way of helping. I changed and fixed my depression by becoming christian, keeping with taoist philosophy, helping others in need, and always looking on the bright side of life
>>
>>17122395
What does this even mean? Some new bullshit term from r9k i missed while i was gone, like "chad" or "khv"?
Pic related?
>>
>>17122408
sure thing alex
>>
File: NuMou_BlackMage.png (141KB, 320x262px) Image search: [Google]
NuMou_BlackMage.png
141KB, 320x262px
>>17122411
pic
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x190px
>>17122414
Name's not alex
>>
>>17122426
>name's john?
>>
>>17122377
None of it works dipswitch
>>
>>17122438
then i might be an anomalie that's not supposed to exist?
>>
>>17122411
Google it.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 800x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 800x256px
>>17122431
Nope
>>
>>17122447
i don't see a point in taking this any further. bye, bob
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 288x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 288x420px
>>17122448
Third strike. I have no idea why you're guessing at all in the first place
>>
>>17122440
No i mean normie advice doesn't work for me. I feel like i've tried everything and none of it works
>>
>>17122451
i didn't, it was a mem. but i rolled with it to save you the embarassement
>>
>>17122458
you haven't tried good enough. i can assure you that
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 600x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 600x189px
>>17122459
I'm glad you know your memes...
>>
>>17122466
so am i
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 640x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 640x485px
>>17122458
Try conventional wisdom then. It has been gathered from various cultures over the past millenia of human development. Things like thinking positively, practicing virtue, and being at peace with who you are can work wonders if you give them a try. And God
>>
>>17122406
She doesn't know. No knowledge, no pressure.
>>
>>17122408 >>17122426 >>17122447 >>17122451 >>17122466 >>17122470
All these are called image.jpg, do you have them all in separate folders or is this some browser/plugin setting?

>>17122458
That's not surprising. What you're referring to as "normie advice" is probably advice that's meant for healthy people experiencing normal depressing life circumstances/events, such as bullying, breakups, or death of a family member.
Endogenous depression (depression that isn't an emotional response to external factors, but instead pops up without apparent cause, or due to internal stressors) is less likely to be affected by those tactics, since even the best only work on it by placebo effect, strengthening coping mechanisms, or covering up the problem.
On the plus side, that's usually enough, since even most diagnosable MDD episodes will resolve on their own in time. That's one reason some psychiatrists won't even offer treatment for short episodes (under 6 months). The body and mind can heal themselves and each other very effectively.

If it's been many years and you've tried the obvious methods, it's time to look deeper, since you'll likely need to address the root cause (such as emotional trauma, anxiety issues, endocrine problems, etc).
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 600x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 600x193px
>>17122496
It's because I'm on my phone
>>
File: 1456348053704.jpg (83KB, 800x924px) Image search: [Google]
1456348053704.jpg
83KB, 800x924px
>>17122146
Sometimes you just need a little purpose, like, I don't know, 3rd World War or mass genocide.
If thats out of the window, I am afraid we have to suffer our way through this mess
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 500x351px
>>17122518
>/pol/
>>
>>17122525
strangely, I feel the same as Mr. Göbbels in the picture. Try to find a purpose in life as a white male today, besides from sleep, eat, procrinate, repeat. Consume because of the consumption. Go to work to buy stuff u don't need. Where is the greatness in life I seek?
>>
>>17122535
>Where is the greatness in life I seek?
The mistake is in believing anyone else can answer that question for you.
>>
>>17122535
>Go to work to buy stuff u don't need
stop watching fight club mate
>>
>>17122540
And how should I find the answer then? In the end, we'll all become stardust again. So, with this knowledge, and to realize there is no purpose in life except the one you lie yourself into, it means you have to suffer through the missery of life until you find relife in dieing? Hm. Don't know if I like that answer.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 485x151px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 485x151px
>>17122535
Procreate you mean? Or procrastinate?

Try conventional wisdom instead of nihilism... you have to take things as they are and see things are way, way, way, way, way better for you than most anyone who has ever lived. We just take how great things are then get all depressed because of loneliness, albeit a loneliness where we can still interact with people online. I'm not saying the loneliness and depression aren't real, I've been there, but it's really only easy to get that way when you focus on what you don't have rather than what you do have.

War would only make things catastrophically worse. And for what, to fill your boredom? Read a book
>>
>>17122549
>lie yourself into
If you give your life meaningnit isn't a lie. It is a justified and true meaning. Just because it is subjective does not mean it is not true for you
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 300x375px
>>17122552
Take how great things are for granted*
>>
>>17122552
procreate, sorry. trilingual, sometimes my brain does stupid things withs words.

I know that we lived the best live someone ever lived. Medical support is better then ever, science most advanced (duh!) and so one and I am gratefull that I don't have to die at the high age of 30. It just seemed that there is nothing I can work trough. And I am no kissless virgin, I have a nice GF, a A+ high school diploma, I can choose every university I want. I don't live in my mums basement. But I can't find a goal in life. Everything seems so empty and meaningless.

>>17122556
Maybe I took philosophy in high school too serious, but it's very hard for me to be satisfyed with a subjectiv point of view. I force an objective view on everything, or try to do so at least
>>
I recommend that if any of you get the oppurtinity to try ketamime to do so. Its helped me with my understanding of what depression is and how to combat it. That being said i never feel crippling depression that i hear described to me sometimes so take what say with a grain of salt.

To me depression is conditioned way of thinking and interpreting a goven a situation coupled with lacking or unbalanced brain chemestry. My brain chemestry isnt entirely stable but its stable to enough that i can go through 5 out 7 days of the week feeling fairly happy. That paired with the way i create my own happiness tends to keep me at a co.feetable state.
After i use ketamine i find it leave mes neither happy nor unhappy but my emotional state is left with a blank slate, for me to mold andand shape my attitude however i see fit. That mentality is always there but after using ketamine for me, i feel the moldable mentalitly is easier to access, and practice with so you can access that mindstate on a regular basis.

Granted i am some drug using hippy and it is arguable that i use substances to find a degree of comfort but i would argue i use drugs as tools to find my own means of happiness through a natural mean. I hope this reaches some of you folk
>>
>>17122573
You have to give yourself subjective meaning, that's really the whole point
>>
Please don't kill yourself.
>>
File: BatmanSupermanSwitch_3.jpg (324KB, 693x958px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanSupermanSwitch_3.jpg
324KB, 693x958px
>>17122573
>>17122549
>And how should I find the answer then?
Can't answer that either, gotta decide for yourself.
Each of us is both the author and protagonist of his own story.
Good questions to ask:
>What makes a hero?
>What do i want to have written on my gravestone?
>Of all the things i've done, what am I most proud of?
>Why do I wake up in the morning?
>What stories do I want to tell my grandchildren, or the other old guys at the bar?
>What do I want? What do I need? What's the difference?
>What can I offer to the world? What are my talents and abilities?
>What do people like about me? What do others think I should do?
>What am I good at? Why am I good at it?

>>17122552
Most of us, deep inside, are attracted to the idea of war and turmoil, dystopias and post-apocalyptic scenarios.
What better place to learn and prove who you are as a man (or woman)? And what better to solve the problems of indecision and existential dread? Run or die. Duck or die. Shoot or die. Simple choices, easy ones.
Stories about utopias aren't as popular, because nobody likes to imagine themselves living in one.
Sure it's dark and perverse, but it's human. For us, conflict is like God: if it doesn't exist, we have to create it.

>>17122621
Don't worry it isn't just hippy shit, ketamine is actually very effective for depression (in preliminary trials, it beats all current previous-generation treatments, like SSRIs, SNRIs, MAOIs, TCAs, etc, on par with TMS and only below ECT).
Esketamine (the purified L/S-isomer-only version, normal ketamine is 50% s-ketamine and 50% r-ketamine) is on an accelerated track to FDA approval.
It's the first of the new wave of glutamatergic antidepressants (AMPA-affecting), which from what we've seen attack the problem (which we still don't understand very well) much more directly than previous generations of drugs.
>>
>>17122496
I've dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts since i was 12. Sometimes it gets a bit better but it always returns.

This is my normal i should know by now that it won't change
>>
>>17122875
Similar story here, first wanted to kill myself when I was 11.
Hasn't gotten better, only worse.
We're the exceptions, though.

And no it ain't normal, it's a disease. Eventually medical science will advance to the point where it will be more easily treatable or even curable, and we'll be dancing in the rain like all the other happy cunts out there.

What treatments have you tried so far?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.