[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend's birthday is coming up on Wednesday, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: smonk.jpg (32KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
smonk.jpg
32KB, 300x378px
My friend's birthday is coming up on Wednesday, and I'm not sure what I should get her. Here's some (probably) relevant stuff:

>she's turning 22
>reasonably talented amateur artist
>likes hiking, traveling, the outdoors etc...
>has a rabbit
>likes cooking

I just don't want it to be something that's either inappropriately expensive (because I'm not made of money and I've only known her for a few months) or 'emotionally loaded' (because she's dating my friend). By that, I mean that I don't want to do anything that could be perceived as a pathetic romantic gesture or something. I don't have feelings for her, and I don't want to look like a jackass just because I wanted to do something nice for my friend on her birthday, which could be the last time I'll ever see her.

Thanks /adv/
>>
You obviously do like her, otherwise you wouldn't be so worried about this.
>>
OP 22 isn't a huge birthday so I wouldn't go all out or anything. Most likely something small (to do with her hobbies) will be fine because the effort of getting her something will be most important. It might sound cheesy but it's definitely the thought behind it and she is more likely to appreciate something for her hobbies than say chocolate or something non personal like that. Go to a cookware store and find something in your price range? Or an art store? Good luck! (And just write a note as well or something)
>>
Something like a generic box of chocolates is fine
>>
>>17121114
This, or a bottle of sparkling wine. Anything too specific to get interests could be misinterpreted.
>>
>>17121010
>has a rabbit

Maybe some nice fresh rosemary or thyme?
>>
ジェシー
>>
>>17121010
Coffee table size picture book, either of artists she likes or nature photos. Every bookstore has tables full of them, priced very high but instantly marked down to remainder levels.
>>
>>17121028
I cannot agree with this more.
>>
>>17121028
Yeah I know. I just didnt want to clog my post with my feelings, because they're kind of complicated, and the bottom line is that nothing will ever happen between us, so it doesn't matter
>>
>>17122287
Omg. Just tell her already. Or do you want to ask yourself what if? all the rest of your life?
>>
>>17122497
But she is dating his friend...
>>
>>17121255
This, really. Can't go wrong with a nice art book.
>>
>>17122520
Yeah, this sounds like a great idea actually. Thanks guys.
>>
>>17122497
There are so many reasons that I'm never going to tell her, especially right now. I'm not going to regret it for the rest of my life if I don't tell her that I like her, because that'd be an incredibly stupid move on my part. There are lots of details, but you don't have access to those, so I don't blame you for giving me the standard /adv/ treatment, but I really shouldn't.
>>
get her preggo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.